“Nice getaway”

Blue Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Palmerton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Year round Family Friendly Outdoor Adventure. Nestled in the Pocono Mountains, Blue Mountain Resort is just a short day trip from several major cities including New York City and Philadelphia. Come check out all the fun!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went there with a buddy of mine to try snowboarding and skiing. Package for the lesson was $64 which includes everything except for the helmet which you have to pay additional $10. You are only allowed to snowboard and ski to 2 slopes which is safe enough for beginners. Different instructors with different strategy which sometimes leads to confusion. But they were nice and patient. Food was expensive but you have options. There was a bar and a live band where my friend and I stayed for lunch. Medics lacked supply such as an acewrap to address a simple sprain. The place tend to get crowded but the view was nice.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I wanted to start by saying that Blue is my favorite mountain when skiing the Pocono's. It is easy to get to, has a decent vertical and a variety of runs. They have done a beautiful job with the outside of summit, offering "out west" experience with the new tables, fire pits, bars and some really good food kiosks. It was very enjoyable. Their ski holding service during the day is free and fairly efficient. For the two days that I was there, I found the bad information coming from many who worked there extremely annoying. I had mulitple lessons scheduled for my two children. I got the run around and one of the lessons ended up not happening. When we called to say that we were running late for a private lesson, we took it that it would be ok and that they would be waiting for us. We did not expect the 90 min lesson to end in 45 minutes, but I do understand why. I was hoping for maybe an hour. The place kept shutting down areas and then expected you to walk a considerable distance with young children to get tickets, food, beverages etc. As much as I loved the summit, I found the Valley not very appealling. This was the first time that we tried tubing with the five of us. We found it to be a lot of fun, but safety was seriously lacking. I think as a country we get overly cautious with making sure that no one gets hurt in spite of themselves, thereby taking much of the fun out of the activity. However, in this case, I am more than shocked that the one family tube ride has not been shut down. The steel cable is a disaster waiting to happen, leaning against your neck and or head as the tube is pulled to the top. If it ever snapped, it would become a horror movie. Also, the tube in front of us a father and two young children asked to be spun. The young man coordinating our shute spun the tube so hard that the young girl (under 5) was thrown out and landed in front of the large tube,hitting her head on the ice shute. Fortunately the dad was able to grab her and pull her inside before she got ran over and/or took the entire run without protection. The result could have been devasting. I would not take my family back to the tubing section until that gets corrected. It was fun, but as a parent it felt too risky to expose a young child.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My advice - get there early stay away from the overpriced restaurant. The food was cold. The server was rude. Pack your own lunch!! Great Mountain!! It gets crowded on the weekends at lunch time.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went snow tubing with the family, place was crowded. Average wait time in line was 30-45 mins every time, needles to say just did it twice. Some of the employees are not too friendly or helpful. Maybe place is ok if you go when there is no much crowds.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went to Blue several Saturday mornings to ski for a few hours before the crowds arrive (and I mean crowds). It's a short drive, and fun to get in some skiing before a big trip up north or out west.

1  Thank TravelingMel_33