“I love Blue Mountain!!”

Blue Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Palmerton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Year round Family Friendly Outdoor Adventure. Nestled in the Pocono Mountains, Blue Mountain Resort is just a short day trip from several major cities including New York City and Philadelphia. Come check out all the fun!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Blue Mountain is a beautiful place to visit. It is very clean and the staff is very friendly!! I would recommend going here to everyone I know!!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I was new with the concept of skiing and my boyfriend recommened this mountain, but this mountain was not for the beginners, but they have a bunny hill where you can practice your skills. I had managed to pick up a few tricks of my own and went into the easiest slopes in the mountain. I enjoyed my day and the ticket was reasonable for a weekend get-away.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

Since I am only off on holidays and weekends, I have skied many mountains at peak times. I have never seen a ski area so irresponsibly oversold as Blue Mountain on Sunday of Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend. I witnessed multiple accidents because every slope was packed, and saw Ski Patrol taking people on stretchers off the mountain constantly, all day long. I skied Jackson Hole the entire week between Christmas and New Year's and only saw one person being removed the entire WEEK! Cars that had parked out on the highway were being towed away, rental lines were over an hour, and lift lines were completely out of control. Two people got in the only fast line, for season ticket pass holders, and were able to cut to the front despite the fact that they had no season passes to show the operator. She asked them three times for their passes, and when they could not produce them, instead of kicking them out of line and telling them to go to the back like everyone else who had been waiting 50 minutes, she let them go and said to those of us in line, "See? That's how some people do it. What do you think of that?" Well I think the people who are getting paid to control the lift lines should not allow it, that's what I think of that. Blue Mountain was crowded to the point of being unsafe, and for those of us who were lucky enough to escape unhurt, it was crowded to the point of being uncomfortable. It as the worst day of skiing I ever had in my life. Go to Camelback, go to Jack Frost, go to Big Boulder- keep driving past Blue, it's not worth it.

5  Thank GetOutTheMap
Reviewed December 19, 2010

The uphill capacity of this mountain is excellent, the people are generally very nice and it is a fairly large mountain that is convenient to the metro areas of Allentown, Philadelphia and Baltimore, but thats were the positives end.
I have skied this place since it was Little Gap and in a ski instructors clinic in the early 90s and it still has the same flaws, one big difference now is the larger crowds and the attitude of some of the skiers/boarders.
You can expect to wait in line for at least 10-15 mins on the weekends, the conditions the last 3-4 times I have been there were icy, and there is alot of reckless skiing that goes on without the management of the mountian really caring much. I have spoken to folkks there about this and nothing has changed. So if you go with children be ready to do what you can to protect them from skiiers/boarders who think it is their right to run you over if you get in the way.
Much better choices just one hour up the turnpike. Trust me.

Reviewed February 5, 2010

While the Pocono Ski areas are often lumped together and better skiers may thumb their noses at Pocono skiing as a whole, there are a few gems to be found and Blue Mountain is one of them. Located in Palmerton, PA, Blue Mountain is readily accessible by car from Allentown, Philly and Western NJ. While it is a bit out of the way relative to other areas off Rt 80 (Camelback, Shawnee), there are advantages to this. Shawnee/Camelback tend to get a lot of NYC skiers, whereas Blue gets more locals and somewhat better skilled skiers and riders.

Plenty of parking at both the upper and lower lodges. The food pricing is typical for ski areas, the food quality was just average. The customer service at Blue is great, all the staff I met were both friendly and helpful. Blue offers a free ski check, so you do not have to worry about theft of your equipment.

The big plus of Blue are its 1000+ feet of vertical and two high speed chairs. This means you get plenty of vertical in. Also, Blue has some very challenging terrain, like Razor's edge, Nightmare. There are at least 3 good bump runs. 100% snowmaking, so coverage is good on all the trails.

Blue has an excellent racing program as well and offers programs for both adults and kids.