“Great place for swingers”
Review of Sunny Rest Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palmerton
Sunny Rest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palmerton
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Great place for swingers”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This place is very falsely advertised as a nudist resort. Half the people don't even undress, most are also very rude and pushy. Would never go back.......

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
32 Thank travelinggirl816

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2011

A year ago we found this place on the internet but never got around to going. We are not nudist however we have no issue with nudity. Spur of the moment we decided to take an overnight trip, something close and inexpensive. Since we like to camp we decided we would pitch a tent instead of getting a room. We arrived and were greeted kindly at the office. The tenting area is a first come first serve basis, no reservations required. Upon arrival to the campsite, there were ample picnic tables and electric spickets if you wanted to run electricity. Directly across the street was a porta potty which I was suprised was clean and even smelled nice!

We set up camp, then off with the clothes. We headed to the pool area. Since it was a weekday their were plenty of lounge chairs to choose from. The place was very clean, bathroom and shower area included. The poolside bar was open as was the restaurant. Wednesdays they hold volley ball in the pool which was fine.

The people were very friendly. A few people just walked up and started conversations with us which was nice. A few people had their children there, at first I thought it would be ackward but obviously this is a lifestyle that they are brought up in and so they were not even phased by it. Many people we met were members, one as long as 12 years.

At the conversation pool we met a lot of nice people and shared traveling stories. The atmosphere is sooooooooo relaxing. We had a wonderfu time. The drinks at the bar were good and not too expensive, didnt try the food because we brought our own. Overall we loved it and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank rwright1127
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Been to Sunnyrest every year for the 4th of July for 5 years running. They have entertainment each day and night of the weekend and have a better fireworks display than most local towns. NEVER SAW ANY DRUGS. Never felt uncomfortable for a second. These are east going people looking to make the most of each day. The family that runs to resort cares more about the customers than most resorts you will go to in your life. The regulars will take you in and make you feel like a long lost friend before lunch! Relax and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2010
5 Thank DarrenKyle
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We have been twice now both times in May, my birthday Memorial Day weekend!!!
it's a large group from DMV & Pa, Ny & NJ. We have the best time all adults over 25 of course.

Now what I still can't get over is the children just swim right up to you trying to play, we are NOT kids it just doesn't feel right!!! CAN WE GET A KIDS FREE WEEKEND? NO GROWN MAN or WOMEN that was with us played with the kids however we always have the best camp fire games.. CAN"T wait to GO BACK AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: We camped out in Tents!
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wiggles78
Exton, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed February 17, 2011

My wife and I have been to Sunnyrest many times on days trips. But in August we stayed for the weekend. The room was no frills but was very clean. There's no bathtubs which my wife would have preferred but aside from that the room was adequate. The atmosphere is always good there and this time was no exception. My wife and I met several couples and spent most of the time engaged in conversation while at the pool. The food is good and the drinks are priced lower then other vacation spots. We never ran into or experienced any type of inappropriate activity and the people are very friendly. Just one note, if you plan on going and you're looking for a quiet time then make sure you sit at the upper deck area. This area is much more quiet then the lower desk area. The lower deck is where Streakers bar is located and this area tends to be louder and much more of a party atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank peppy119
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I've been to Sunny Rest several times. Sometimes with friends but usually solo. I've always found it to be a very nice place, run by very nice people, attended by very nice people. Food is good and reasonably priced. Drinks are also reasonable at the Streakers bar. I have never felt the cold shoulder that some say solo males receive there. The night club does seem to be predominently couples, but hey, I was usually there alone so it was not offensive to me at all. It's always been a very friendly, fun experience. I've enjoyed the special activities like the DJ, open mike and karaoke. I've even sang Karaoke several times and had a wonderful reception by the audience (They didn't need to know that I sing professionally) and just had a marvelous time. My favorite features are the poolside bar, the restaurant, the pool, hot tub, and pool table. My habit has been to be nude the entire time but many wear clothes at various times according to temperature comfort and personal taste, except the pool and hot tub where nudity is required. I have played billiards when everyone at the pool table was nude and also when I was the only one nude and it never seemed to matter. We all had a great time. As far as sexuality is concerned, I have received very polite offers, but never anything pushy. I've never seen anyone getting sexually aggressive or offensive. I've also never seen any drug use, but then again, I wasn't looking for it. I've seen young people, old people, large people, smaller people, couples, singles, and families. I can't say enough about the wonderful, positive, friendly nude experience at Sunny Rest and I highly recommend it and will return often.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank leeroy_r07
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We visited Sunnyrest in August, looking for our first nude experience, it was a very nice place, the people were nice for the most part except for the group the hangs at the streakers bar, ther was a very big guy who was very rude to us treated us like we were nothing as well as a few other people that were ther too, he's a big bully, and we avoided the bar when he was there, we think they should police the place better and do away with people like this, it's too bad this was our first experience at sunnyrest, and proably be our last, don't go on vaction to be bullied by the members there, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if this is how people are treated!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
12 Thank upsetnudist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmerton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown

Been to Sunny Rest Lodge? Share your experiences!