“YUM.... FUDGE!”

Mister Ed's Elephant Museum
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Orrtanna
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll never forget Mister Ed's Elephant Museum, featuring more than 12,000 pachyderm figurines, circus souvenirs, political paraphernalia, toys and more. Be a kid in a candy store with more than 700 varieties of your favorites from yesteryear through today. You gotta try our more than 70 flavors of creamy homemade fudge and our fresh roasted jumbo peanuts. Stroll our whimsical gardens, count fish in our pond, or bring a blanket and have a picnic. Voted one of USA Today's "Top 10 Souvenir Shops" in the nation in 2014.
Newville, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“YUM.... FUDGE!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The biggest Elephant collection ever!!!! So after you checkout the elephant display - browse the shop. The back corner has some unique, humerous gag gifts -
Loved the 'old' candy that you can't find in the local stores anymore... and probably the best fudge I have ever had!

Visited July 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Don't waste you're time.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

In our way to Gettysburg we kept seeing these signs for Mr Eds candy shop and thought hey let's stop and check this out. Well the elephant museum was a joke and looked like a collection of elephants he had been collecting since his childhood. The candy was ok I bought some chocolate covered marshmallows and they were good . I tried their fudge and I'm not a real fudge person but it was horrible.Plus the woman working there was so rude and there was a fly in the case with the fudge. If I ever go back to Pennsylvania I definitely will not be returning to this store. Take my advise if you want candy and fudge go to somewhere less creepy and get it because there are so many better places just down the road.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mladuew
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Tourist trap, but we enjoyed it!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

After seeing the billboards, we decided to take a few minutes to get out of the car and stretch our legs. We enjoyed looking at the large collection of elephants, along with all of the candy. You can't leave here without some sweet treat. Everyone in the store looked like they were having fun. Probably will stop again if our travels take us by Mr. Ed's.

Visited August 2013
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“wonderful”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great photo op but more important a chance to reminiscent of childhood. many generations are represented. I loved seeing the candy I grew up with. They make some of the best fudge I've ever tasted. The gardens are amazing. Soooooo beautiful.

Visited August 2013
Joliet, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Quirky - great photo op”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you enjoy oddball, quirky roadside stops, this is the place for you. Great billboard ads. The billboards are actually better than the establishment itself, which is crowded to the point of being claustrophobic. It is however a great place to stop to take a few photos for laughs - especially if you have a friend, relative, or coworker named Ed.

Visited May 2013