“We love Mr Ed's”

Mister Ed's Elephant Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Orrtanna
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll never forget Mister Ed's Elephant Museum, featuring more than 12,000 pachyderm figurines, circus souvenirs, political paraphernalia, toys and more. Be a kid in a candy store with more than 700 varieties of your favorites from yesteryear through today. You gotta try our more than 70 flavors of creamy homemade fudge and our fresh roasted jumbo peanuts. Stroll our whimsical gardens, count fish in our pond, or bring a blanket and have a picnic. Voted one of USA Today's "Top 10 Souvenir Shops" in the nation in 2014.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Every year on our way to our weekend in Bedford, my son and I stop in at Mr Ed's for snacks. The selection of candy is great. They have some very hard to find items. We always get a bag of roasted peanuts, too. The elephant items are interesting. Their pop culture kitchy stuff is a notch beyond fun. This year I left our trip money on the counter, called later and they had it waiting for us. Every cent. So the employees are not only friendly but honest to a fault. I wish we lived closer.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've lived in this area for nearly 6 years and driven by Mr. Ed's many times, but never took the time to stop. This is definitely a low-key activity and that's what I like about it. It's also FREE, which never hurts. You can't even begin to take in all the elephants in the collection. They are mostly concentrated in one long room, but there are other bits around the rest of the store. And it is mostly a store, with all kinds of candy. Many other touristy items for sale, too: shot glasses, t-shirts, ball caps, etc. Fun things to gaze at out in the garden area, too. The flip flops hanging in the trees along Route 30 are a favorite landmark for my daughter on her way to/from camp.

You don't need to budget a lot of time for this stop either. Could just be a convenient place to stretch your legs and get some candy. We stayed about 20 minutes. I'll be back. Just for the heck of it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We took our 3 year old grand-daughter to Mr. Ed's as we thoguht it would be a nice side trip for while we were in Gettysburg.

The drive from Gettysburg is about 20 minutes and it is a very nice scenic drive.

Mr Ed's consists of a candy store with lots of yummy treats including fudge and hard to find candies, a small elephant museum which features collectible elephants, a gift shop and a nice area of gardens to walk through with elephants, a pond and other surprises.

We spent about an hour roaming the grounds and other areas. It was a lot of fun and a nice little diversion or our grand-daughter from all the history of Gettysburg.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Looks commercial, but we were pleasantly surprised. The collection of elephants is awesome. They have a Pez collection which brought back memories. The store had a huge selection of candies, some of which reminded me of my younger days. A great selection of fudge as well. It was inrteresting to stroll about the property to see all of the artifacts. Definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have to be honest, drove by this place at its former and present location countless times and never stopped as I thought it has "tourist trap' written all over it. I'm not one into elephants and I guess people do collect just about any and everything but I personally found and enjoy their array of penny type of candy.

One review mention it being stale and I don't know where they are coming from on that comment. I have now stopped by at least 4 times on past drives through that part of the state and the candy has ALWAYS been fresh!

On my stops I have never met Mr. Ed but I would have to say this place is a "unique" experience, and if you love root beer barrels, then you need to stop by!