“A Surprise Along Rte 30”

Mister Ed's Elephant Museum
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Orrtanna
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll never forget Mister Ed's Elephant Museum, featuring more than 12,000 pachyderm figurines, circus souvenirs, political paraphernalia, toys and more. Be a kid in a candy store with more than 700 varieties of your favorites from yesteryear through today. You gotta try our more than 70 flavors of creamy homemade fudge and our fresh roasted jumbo peanuts. Stroll our whimsical gardens, count fish in our pond, or bring a blanket and have a picnic. Voted one of USA Today's "Top 10 Souvenir Shops" in the nation in 2014.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have to be honest, drove by this place at its former and present location countless times and never stopped as I thought it has "tourist trap' written all over it. I'm not one into elephants and I guess people do collect just about any and everything but I personally found and enjoy their array of penny type of candy.

One review mention it being stale and I don't know where they are coming from on that comment. I have now stopped by at least 4 times on past drives through that part of the state and the candy has ALWAYS been fresh!

On my stops I have never met Mr. Ed but I would have to say this place is a "unique" experience, and if you love root beer barrels, then you need to stop by!

All reviews
"lincoln highway"
in 4 reviews
"on display"

Reviewed December 22, 2012

this is a nice place to stop if you are traveling and just want to meander around and see some unusal things. Prices are a bit high but then it is a tourist sight. I would recommend seeing it, if you have some extra time and money.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have actually met Mr. Ed in the shop. He is such a nice guy!

We have gone with young kids and not so young kids. You could spend a ton of money in the store. Our favorites are the butter roasted pecans, almonds and cashews. It is hard to not finish the bag on the drive.

Very cute decorations outside, too.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Its a neat Candy store, with alot of elephants. We enjoyed seeing all the old candies. My spouse got real "Root Beer Barrels". We enjoyed seeing all the elephants, then walked the garden. Its free, and fun too.