“I dont get it!!!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Being in the area with entire family for funeral last week I asked my hotel for local best restaurant list and got over 50 names of which I reviewed over a dozen. Unfortunately this restaurants reviews on trip advisor and yelp seemed like the only one of the dozen that had good reviews. (makes me wonder). I brought 7 others to the restaurant and experienced A- terrible service -B ditto food C- some entreee unedible D uncalled for prices .
Examples: House specialty Rissoto. (A joke) tasted like uncle Bens rice., Chicken Franchese W/unedible chicken, Sole franchese made from A small thin frozen piece of SCRAP. How do you mess up mixed field greens w/5 strips of chicken and have the nerve to charge $12? They did. The only thing that seemed close to decent was a 1/2 pizza for $7.50
We could not believe how no one was available in the dining room after waiting 40 minutes for food to arrive. I was totally embarrased by what was served prior so I went to the kitchen to find out why our food was not on the table . Other than a small party of maybe 12 people we were it . And they had the nerve to precharge 20% tip on the bill.
I would give this place no stars if I could. Makes you wonder about these reviews.

2  Thank jbaudit

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We booked Cafe Rinaldi in Old Forge for a private party - 25 people. We were set up in a banquet room behind the main restaurant, which was closed as usual because it was Sunday. Cafe Rinaldi was recommended by locals who swore this was the top choice of all the many Italian restaurants in Old Forge, the so-called "Pizza Capital of the World". We were not diappointed.

Service was flawless. A fresh and hot buffet was served including appetizers featuring 3 different kinds of fresh pizza cuts and stuffed mushrooms. On the dinner buffet was a tossed salad, three different entrees - one better than the other. The vegetables included scalloped potatoes, Italian green beans and brocolli served al dente. Our guests raved. Dana, our server, juggled between keeping the buffet going, serving drinks and caring for some guests with special needs - all with a dose of warmth and charm. The owner of the Cafe presided over the kitchen to be sure all went just perfectly and it did.

It's no wonder Cafe Rinaldi is a favorite of locals who have such a wide choice of good Italian in their town. Be sure to have your reservation ahead of time.

1  Thank French75
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a special treat for our entire family. Good foof, generous portions, quick service, and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stopped for dinner on a Friday night. I have had the risotto (white) here before but this time I had the special risotto cake with chicken and sun dried tomatoes. It was fabulous. My husband, who isn't a fan of risotto, also thought it was amazing. He had the other special, veal saltimbocco, which he enjoyed. Service was excellent.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I saw they were noted for risotto, so stopped by on a recent business trip. White risotto was quite good, but enough to feed about three people. Suggest you order the appetizer size and have room for some of the side dishes.