“Very Pleasant”

Days Inn Oil City Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oil City
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had never been to Oil City before and didn't have very many choices of available rooms in the area, because our stay was during the Apple Fest in Franklin. I was very pleasanly suprised by this hotel. The room was clean. It had been recently remodelled and they did a good job with it. The staff was very nice and offered to help with anything when we checked in. The breakfast was also very decent. Run of the mill continental, but done well. My daughter loved it, as they have a belgium waffle maker! Bet it is vey nice in the summer because of the pool, river view and playground. I would recommend to anyone travelling to this area of PA. If I find myself there again, will probably stay here :)

Room Tip: The river side is nicer than the parking lot side, duh...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kyle H
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, in Oil City, Pa, would like to thank you for the review you left for us on Trip Advisor recently. Its always nice to know that our efforts are appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed your stay during Apple Fest weekend and we look forward to seeing you next year. If you get the chance to visit in the summer, you will love being able to walk down to the river from our backyard.
Thanks again,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in room 328. It was just the right level of kitsch and class!

Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk attendant was very helpful and personable, and the experience was repeated for each change of shift over our 21 hour stay.

The room was clean, and the view was really beautiful outside of the room. Going in October, the weather was brisk and the trees were beautiful, but in the summer, I'll bet it's nice to sit outside and enjoy the river views.

When we pulled up, it looked like a typical hotel, but when you're inside, and you see the back of the property, you see how lovely everything truly is. And the staff were very friendly.

We will celebrate our love for years to come at the Arlington Hotel (America's Best Inn and Suites).

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite. Do it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EliCutie

We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, in Oil City, Pa, would like to thank you for your wonderful review . The heart shaped jacuzzi room is my personal favorite as well! It was nice to hear that our attempts at friendliness and hotel upkeep did not go unnoticed! We hope to see you in the summer so you can enjoy the river and the park behind the hotel.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel and with an America's Best Value Inn. It was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. The minor stuff was the filthiness of the room, the fact that we had two remotes and neither worked and once we got a different one it would time out and have to be reprogrammed every 5 minutes, the fact that the hairdryer mounted on the wall would blow the fuse after 90 seconds of use, and that the door would only stay shut about 50% of the time. The biggest issue was that I booked the reservation over the phone and asked for two rooms with two beds. We had 8 people traveling with us and once we got to the hotel we were told that we would have to pay an extra $40 for the 4 extra people. This extra fee was never communicated to me when I booked the room and it was never asked how many people I would be traveling with. When the desk clerk (who I think was also the owner) claimed she asked me and that she asks everyone, I informed her that she did not ask me and must have me confused with another patron, at that point she called me a liar and proceeded to speak in a foreign language about me to the gentleman behind the desk in front of my face. I have never had such a negative experience or been treated so poorly at a hotel in my life and I travel 2 to 3 times a month. The worst part is if I had been told up front about the extra fee I would have paid it gladly but to have it sprung on me once I was already checked in is dishonest and sketchy. I will never stay where again and advise anyone to avoid this hotel at all cost.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We, at America's Best Value Inn-The Arlington Hotel in Oil City, PA, were sorry to hear that you felt taken advantage of here at our establishment. We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable during their stay with us. We do charge $10 per extra person in the room. That policy has been in effect for a number of years and is also clearly stated on our website. When we make reservations, we always ask about the number of persons expected to stay in the room, so we feel certain that you were asked that question. Also, we gave you the special rate of $69 for the room when the regular rate in $89. When you reported that your remote wasn't working, our front desk clerk immediately brought you a new remote and programmed it for you. As for the cleanliness of the room, neither you nor your guests made mention that the room was unsatisfactory or we would have attempted to rectify the situation.
Again, we are sorry that you were unhappy with the service that you received at our hotel, as we would like to keep you as a customer.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

After the passing of my mother, I tried to check in at the Arlington at 6:30AM. The desk clerk ( I believe the owner) told me I would be charged for two nights. One night being from 6:30AM to 3:00PM, the other from 3:00PM to the next day at 11:00 AM, I tried to explain the situation, my mother just passed and I was from out of town and needed a room for my family members to get rest while I made arrangements and was told " I don't care". Any person who is that cold hearted and frankly rude does not deserve to be in business, I encourage all who reads this to consider different places to stay, The Holiday Inn Express in Cranberry went above the call of duty to meet all my needs that morning, they were very considerate to my family and recommended the Quality Inn in Franklin PA for the families that traveled from out of town for the services. For the Arlingtons rudeness and thier lack of compassion toward a family in great distress they lost my business and the business from my family. I do hope this was an isolated incident and it wont happen again, but I'm afraid it will.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn Express in Cranberry or Quality Inn in Franklin
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, would like to apologize for any additional grief you feel your family suffered when checking into our hotel. We followed strict hotel policy of charging for two nights when guests will be staying for a day and a half of a day. You attempted to check in before 6am which constituates an additional day. I do not believe any of my employees were rude and stated "I don't care." We try to make our guest comfortable and satsified when they are staying at our hotel. Again, we apologize if you were offended, but we couldn't make exceptions on the price for you.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Arlington while visiting family in Oil City, this past week. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the accommodations were. The staff was cordial. The building is neat and clean and the room was neat clean and well maintained. We had a nice selection of free breakfast options and also a nice buffet lunch for our whole group. I would recommend this establishment to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 616w_mccall
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at our hotel, America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, in Oil City, PA. It is always nice to hear from a satisfied guest. We hope we made your visit with your family a more comfortable and enjoyable time. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel isn't new. But everything was in great condition, the staff was efficient yet unobtrusive, and we had a great view overlooking the river and Justus Park. We were in the area for a class reunion, and there was more than one event going on in the hotel. Considering this only happens one weekend a year, I have to applaud their efforts. They were gracious and kind throughout, and I will stay with them again!

Room Tip: If a choice is given, the river view beats the McDonalds view every time!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

It ws really nice to hear about your positive experience at our hotel, America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, in Oil City, PA. We love it when our hotel is chosen to host such an important event, as a class reunion! We do our best to be sure the entire group receives the attention and service they deserve, and it pleases us to know that our efforts are appreciated. We look forward to seeing you at your next class reunion!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at the Arlington Hotel this past weekend for Oil Heritage Week as we usually do every year and it was a great stay. It was truly home away from home. The room was very clean and the hotel staff was very nice. The owners have done a very good job keeping the hotel up to date even though it is a very old building. We stayed in one of their newest rennovated rooms and it looked amazing. The furniture was nice and up to date, we had a microwave and fridge, sink area and bath tub was good with beautiful granite pieces, and the TV was nice as well. We did have one problem, but it wasn't the hotel management's fault. The people in the room beside us were making so much noise and jumping in the pool in the middle of the night. So we called the front desk to let them know and the problem was taken cared of immediately. The night shift employee came upstairs and asked the people to quiet down for us as well as for the other guests that had complained.Throughout the whole weekend the staff went out of their way to make us happy. The owners are always there because they are so busy during Oil Heritage Week, there are so many people and it can get crazy busy for the owners. If I were them I don't think I could handle it. I always hear good things about them. There is a pool in the back as well as a park in the back. The pool area was good as usual. The rate for the room was good as well. Overall, we really injoyed our stay and everything was very pleasing. This hotel really exceeded my expectations. We will definitely be staying here next year and many years to come.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David P
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review you left for us on Trip Advisor. We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, strive to make our guests satisfied and comfortable during their stay with us. We apologize for the unruly guests during your visit and are glad we were able to address that issue in a timely manner. We love having out of town guest during Oil Heritage Week and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oil City
7 mi away
Quality Inn and Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Titusville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Clarion
Park Inn by Radisson Clarion

Been to Days Inn Oil City Conference Center? Share your experiences!