“Oil City's Best Eatery”
Review of Mosaic Cafe - CLOSED

Mosaic Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Description: Mosaic Cafe--"The Freshest Place in Town!"BYOB - never a corkage fee! Fresh * Home Style * Cutting-Edge Cuisine - Gourmet Salads and Sandwiches, Traditional Philly CheeseSteaks and Hoagies. Pastrami on Rye. Hummus Platter. Paninis. Grilled Cheese. BLT. Pulled Pork. Beignet of the Day. Gluten Free, Vegan + Vegetarian Friendly $ (.99-17.99) Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, Smoothies, Milkshakes, Italian Sodas, Iced Tea, Lemonade, Old Fashioned Fountain Sodas Tue: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Wed: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm. Thu: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm. Fri: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm. Sat: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm. Kitchen opens 1 hr after Cafe'. Thurs and Shell Fish, Crab Cakes and Pasta Specials 4 - 8; Friday - Fish Fry 11 - 8 and Prime Rib Dinner 5 - 8.
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

So, as I sit here at the counter, eating a fresh slice of homemade peach pie (made with fresh peaches!), I realized the mosaic is the total package. I have never had a bad meal here, or even a mediocre meal here! The food is always fresh, the music is great and now that they have fresh desserts, I have no reason to eat anywhere else.

1  Thank Mcald88

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Unfortunately, for the first time, I have to write a totally bad review. We went to Mosaic based on the Trip Advisor reviews and I think I was at a different restaurant. Both my husband and I ordered Oil City Cheesesteaks. The onion rings on them were greasy, the cheese sticks cold and the meat had a very odd flavor that wasn't seasoning. Don't know what it was, but wasn't good. We split an order of chili cheese fries. The fries themselves were good but the chili tasted like it was Italian sauce out of a can with kidney beans added and a whole lot of salt. The jalapeno poppers on the menu said they were with cream cheese filling so we ordered them. After they were cook, we were told they had cheddar cheese filling. We don't care for them that way so ordered reuban bites. They were actually very good. The whole time we were in the restaurant, some of the employees kept going right outside the front door to smoke, then back to the kitchen to cook or whatever they were doing. This was a real turn off and if we had seen it before we went in, never would have walked through the door--which would have been a good thing. McDonald's would have been a great improvement! Sorry, Mosaic, but you need a Robert Irvine total makeover!

mmmorganlady, Owner at Mosaic Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your menu selection. I sincerely hope that you will come back and try us again and that you will ask for me personally "Mary Morgan, Owner". I will ensure that your selection is top notch and that you will be extremely happy with your meals. I wish that you had asked to speak to a manager at the time that you were dining so that I could have made everything perfect for you. We are proud of our high quality menu items and we purchase everything fresh and prepare to order. Sincerely, Mary Morgan, Owner.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I had lunch w/ my SIL on a Saturday afternoon based on TA reviews. We came in throught the back, which is an art gallery, the middle- live music stage & seating and into the front- which contained the dinette. I had the french onion soup as a starter. It was fantastic!! I inhaled it, it was that good. I had a BLT on the side, and it was tasty My SIL had a BLT and sweet potato fries, they came with a vanilla dipping sauce, which was good, but too much like a dessert for each of us. We got a side of horse radish dipping sauce and that was just perfect to dip the fries in. We would definitely go back. They had a roasted beet salad that sounded sooo good! I am going to try that the next time we are in the area.
Give it a try, the book is better than the cover!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is just plain old fun! The long building goes on forever, full of art, music stage, mismatched tables and chairs, amazing smells and flavors...and look out, they are selling out their specials so make a reservation and be sure to get to the Mosaic. It's so fun.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I were visiting Oil City Pa 2 weeks ago and stopped by the Mosaic Cafe for our meals. We were very impressed with our lunch and dinner at this restaurant! As a result of our vacation in Oil City, we did not have any meal at our hotel restaurant besides breakfast, all our meals were had at the Mosaic Cafe. The service was very friendly, and the food was delicious. Chef Dave is such a talented Chef and the owner Mary is so friendly to all her patrons! Keep up the great food and service Mosaic Cafe!