“Oh yum! Don't leave OC without eating here.”
Review of Yellow Dog Lantern

Yellow Dog Lantern
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Oil City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lovely ambience, casual yet still very nice dining. The menu is extensive, and the crabcakes I ordered were mouthwatering. Reasonable prices (I'm from California where Nothing is Reasonable) and I was really impressed with this restaurant. Friendly and professional service, down home, just wonderful.

1  Thank Joanie S

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant during a business trip while trying to find a nice local place to have dinner and drinks. The town is a bit run down and difficult to navigate with it's one way streets. The restaurant is hard to spot. While it was a ittle dark and dated once inside, the staff was friendly and cheerful. The dinners were a bit pricy, an average of $16-$22 for an entree, however they came with a wonderful, huge warm roll and butter, fresh salad, and a side dish of your choice, including various pasta and sauces. I had the chicken marsala which was tender and tasty. Would be a nice place for a romantic dinner out. If we are ever in town, we would definately come back.

1  Thank mudgirl
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was a nice quiet place to eat and the pasta with garlic sauce was excellent if you like garlic. I would recommend this to travelers if you were just passing through!
Bob

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place has some nice reviews but we were not impressed. It’s a little off-putting out front, as there are no windows so you can’t peek inside. The interior is very dark and old fashioned in the "old" way. The staff and the clientele all seemed to look us up and down like it was a private club. The prices were high considering the area. We decided to go elsewhere.

1  Thank ReneeRon
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I admit. My brother has been a regular here when he visits our hometown. So I've joined him on numerous occasions. The staff is just amazing. Fun and friendly, but efficient, too. The food is very good. Beef dishes especially. Cool throwback atmosphere. Toned down. Lots of food. You really feel at home at the Yellow Dog.