“Excellent food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Hialeah, Florida
“Excellent food”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've had most everything on the menu. It is all very good. The subs are ny favorite. We always stop when in OC. Beer to go is nice too.

• Visited September 2013

Clarion, Pennsylvania
“There are better places to eat in Oil City”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I haven't been to the Villa in years, but decided to stop in yesterday. I was sadly disappointed. I ordered french fries and a grilled chicken salad. The prices weren't bad. The fries were good. But the chicken salad was quite.......below average. It was obvious that the chicken had been grilled, then frozen for storage until it was needed. The piece of chicken I got had been frozen for some time before microwaved and placed on top of the salad........terribly dried out and tough. The lettuce was fine, topped with tomatoes and onions. No other veggies. The restaurant was clean, and the waitress was very pleasant...........she is the only reason I didn't give this restaurant a "poor" 2 star rating. I won't be returning. Also, make sure you have cash or checks.......they don't accept credit cards.

• Visited September 2013
Brookville, Pennsylvania
“Good food, nothing fancy”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Fell safe to stop, meatball sandwich is good. Down town Oil City, convenient. Hasn't changed much in a long time.

Visited October 2012
“Food is edible but definitely not GOOD!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I don't understand the draw to this place unless you don't know how to cook or don't know good food. This food is definitely NOT good, but edible. Have been here several times, high priced for the not so good food. Very limited menu that never changes.only go due to gift certificates that I receive from old timers that have been going for years and don't know any better. Never gets any better.
Sam needs a new suit. He's been wearing the same one since 1960 something.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“What a sad downfall...”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Villa Italia's look has not changed in decades. That's part of its charm.

What has changed is the food. So much of it is just awful now. I ordered Fettuccine Alfredo and was promptly told they were out of Alfredo sauce. This at 5 p.m. on a Friday... what, no jars around to open and warm?

So I ended up getting the garlic and oil pasta. What was presented to me was rubbery pasta swimming up to its neck in extra virgin olive oil that had only a small smattering of garlic spread around. Frankly, it was inedible. I should have sent it back, but opted to doctor it up with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. A silk purse was not made out of this sow's ear.
I should also mention that the $10 "full" portion arrived on a small oval side plate that most restaurants would use for an accompaniment, not a main dish.

My dining partner ordered the fish sandwich. What arrived was a 5" piece of fish on a 9" bun. The fish was over-fried and offensively small for the price. The cost of the sandwich doesn't include fries.

You get one refill on a minute soda. The bowls of soup are $4. A two-person meal came to over $31. And I feel pretty cheated about the whole thing.

I used to look forward to Villa. It's been a couple of years since I've been there and I don't know that I'll ever go back after this poor excuse for a meal. If people think they offer good food, it's time they visit somewhere outside of Oil City, PA.

• Visited October 2012