“Lower Yough Trip”

Wilderness Voyageurs
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Ohiopyle
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohiopyle based full service outfitter, whitewater rafting on 15 rivers in Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia. Youghiogheny River, Cheat River and Savage river rafting trips. Learn to kayak, mountain bike or fly fish with us in Ohiopyle. Inn to Inn Bike Tours throughout the US.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I went with my 13 year old daughter and she and I had a great time. We lucked out and got a guide in our boat of 4. Guide was great noting names of each rapid and local plants and stories. Very happy with all the logistics and lunch was great. If you don't have much experince I would pay the extra to get a guide in the boat.

1  Thank Michael L

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The rafting instruction and set up is perfect. The tandem bike we got was a mess. There was no one to fix it. The staff could not pump up the tires on our bike and send us across the river to a place where there was no one to help. We ended up with regular bikes and no refund was offered.

1  Thank TeresaMust
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you have no white water experience..........common sence ............GET A GUIDE

Our guide gave us 110%

Rob(our guide)showed us a natural waterfall, places our 14 yr old boys could swim, and a rock they could jump off . BTW Robb was sick with a summer cold.

Rob also knew my hubby does not swim. Rob let the kids have fun, keep my hubby calm, and gave us a perfect trip

would I do the trip again
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++

the only reason to go without a guide is............CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our group had an excellent day of whitewater rafting on the lower Yough! The company was well organized, we had a very knowledgeable guide, and a lot of fun. The prices were very reasonable and we were impressed by the store's amenities when we arrived. We especially appreciated that they put us in larger boats with a guide because all of the rain that we've had, which resulted in a safer situation with more exciting rafting. The only thing holding the trip back from 5 stars is that it took the bus a long time (about half an hour) to arrive at the end of the rafting trip to take us back. Otherwise, a flawless day!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our first whitewater rafting experience here on the Yough River was an amazing adventure, even as half of the five-hour trip was completed in a driving rain-- we were already soaked, so it didn't matter! The guides were the best, the lunch was filling and the ride was exciting. Just be aware that you'll get a workout paddling for three to five hours. My son and I loved it!

1  Thank abitofbs