“Great steak sandwich; crappy service”

Falls city Restaurant and pub
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Ohiopyle
Cuisines: American
Description: A laid back casual atmosphere that is the post fun HQ in Ohiopyle. This is where kayakers and mountain bikers and park users gather to share the stories of their day in Ohiopyle State Park.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great steak sandwich; crappy service”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was cycling the GAP and ate supper here. At first I walked over from my B&B, but did not like the look of the place. A drunken man was loudly proclaiming in front, the inside was empty (I was early for dinner, late for lunch), so I went looking for other alternatives. Finding none, I came back reluctantly. I now found the place full with two large groups of river paddlers. The prices seemed high, so I ordered the (less expensive) steak sandwich for around $12, and waited for a very, very long time to get it. The wait staff were friendly enough, just inefficient. I was getting pretty bugged and then my sandwich arrived. It was HUGE, the steak was an entire, tender, tasty steak cut up and put into a crusty submarine sandwich type bread with grilled peppers, cheese, and mushrooms. There were some kind of corn chips that appeared to be homemade, too. Given that I was a starving cyclist who'd ridden out here from New Mexico, this was a memorable meal - quantity and quality. My gripes about slow service disappeared, as my stomach filled. I did observe, however, what others at nearby tables ordered and their food did not look all that impressive. I saw many of the paddlers leave a lot of uneaten food on their plates, too. I think I lucked out and must have ordered the best thing on their menu. I ordered dessert too, and eventually the waiter came over and said they were out of what I ordered, so I got something else, I forget what. But the steak sandwich I ate here was unforgettable.

• Visited August 2013

“Decent food, bad service, high prices”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've been to Falls City a few times, and each time I wonder why I decided to go back. The food itself is typically okay, depending on what you order. Some menu items I've tried (like the steak sub) were fantastic, but others (like the pulled pork sandwich) failed to impress me. The sandwiches come with tortilla chips, which aren't that good. And for the high prices they charge, you should at least be getting fries or a side salad with your meal. The atmosphere is okay-- rustic and laid back. The worst part about Falls City is the service-- the waiters/waitresses will tend to your basic needs, and that's about it. But it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get your food. Every time I've gone here, our entire meal experience has lasted between 1-2 hours. I'm hungry when I arrive, and starving by the time our food reaches our table. I don't recommend going here on an empty stomach!

• Visited September 2013
“Not happy and Im not.picky”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Not a good experience. Will not go back. Other nice places with friendlier staff and quicker food service in town.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank cap115
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great food, but You Will Wait for It!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We hit the Falls City Pub after a long day on the Yough. We were hungry, so a river guide gave us the recommendation. The decor was rustic and comfortable. It was perfect for us because we were in sandals and had that "just come off the river" look. It looked to be frequented by lots of river guides.

The menu is pretty diverse and much more gourmet than you might imagine for this kind of place. The meals were a little expensive, but given their ingredients and the limited availability of places to eat around, it wasn't too bad. They also have a great number of beers on tap. My daughter and I had ravioli that was delicious. Her lobster ravioli was a little better than my mushroom. My husband said his steak was nicely seasoned and cooked well. My son had chicken wings that were great! They were really crispy. My brother had a Reuben sandwich and said that the corned beef was some of the best he's ever had. He said that it tasted homemade.

The only knock to the place was that we had to wait a very long time to get our food. It seemed like everyone was waiting a long time. Since we were really hungry, that was not a good thing. I believe we waited more than 20 minutes for our food, and none of us had anything that should have delayed the cooking that long. I recommend that you order an appetizer to munch on if you visit. But once our food arrived, we were pleasantly surprised.

I highly recommend visiting this place. They are dog-friendly too.

Visited July 2013
“Great wings”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Lookin for wings. Not many choices in the area. Great. Large wings. Perfectly cooked. Many flavors. Make them to go if needed Try the house sauce. Menu looked good as well. Quick sandwiches or steaks. Will be back. Live music on weekends also advertised

• Visited July 2013