“Fresh food and quick service”
Review of Firefly Grill - CLOSED

Firefly Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stopped for lunch after visiting Falling Waters. We were really hungry and were pleasantly surprised to find a large menu of sandwiches and wraps with lots of fresh vegetable toppings. The fries were good too. I had the hummus, feta and veggie wrap and it was delicious.

There are lots of tables outside with umbrellas for shade and the food arrived quickly.

It is right near the white water rafting places and would be a great place for lunch after rafting too.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

After the kids were off on their whitewater adventure (which included lunch), and we adults were done with our hike, we realized we hadn't packed a lunch for ourselves. A gal in the general store in town suggested Firefly. We are so happy that she did.

There are so many menu choices, it was hard to choose. Sandwiches, salads, wraps, ice cream, smoothies. mmmm smoothies. We opted for wraps - the mediterranean and the fried chicken. We ordered both with a side of fries, but watch the price. On the menu the fries w/entrée purchase are $1.99, but rang alone are $2.75. Our cashier seemed a bit overwhelmed and didn't know how to ring the fries for $1.99. Also, with regard to the fries, they are cut nice and thin, but were bitter from overusing the oil. Fresh oil = fresh delicious fries.

The sandwiches were yummy and the service was quick. We sat outside under an umbrella to shade the sun. It was a nice place to relax while waiting for our rafters.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

After spending the day at Fallingwater, the family and I aimed for Ohiopyle, PA where where we landed at the Firefly Grill for lunch. I had low expectations for lunch - low expectations for what I wanted to eat, and what I wanted to pay. Seeing Firefly from afar, I thought both could be accomplished. Surprisingly, Firefly was great! There was a huge variety of sandwiches and wraps on the menu - the line 20 people deeps should have been my tip-off that this place has something special to offer. I was a little worried about the wait and was surprised to find out - that really - we waited maybe 5 minutes in line, and maybe 5 minutes to get the food. Totally livable. I had a wrap that was just excellent, and a side salad and fries. The portions were huge. The wife and family had various sandwiches with salads and fries. I think the cost was less than $8-9 a person! Incredible value.

Give Firefly a go...you won't be disappointed. And take some time to explore Ohiopyle - a beautiful little down in the Laurel Highlands of PA.

2  Thank Duane G
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Kids really enjoyed the atmosphere, outdoor seating opn a great summer evening.

My finicky son of 14 gave this review its title. He even ate the veggies that were included.

Great Teryaki Chicken wrap; more authentic than most and paired nicely with different werps, not just your old uneventful flour tortilla

Rave reviews of the french fries too.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family and I stopped in on a rainy Tuesday afternoon for lunch before our tour at Fallingwater. My husband and I each had chicken gyros, and my daughter had a hamburger, all with fresh cut fries. The sandwiches were very good, and the fries portions were huge (the 3 of us could have shared one serving easily). The only thing about the fries was they were pretty much stuck together in a nest and a little greasy. Maybe too many in the fryer at once. However, they were still good. The lemonade is freshly squeezed and very refreshing.