“Good, but very pricey”

Ohiopyle House Cafe
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Ohiopyle
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A relaxing atmosphere surrounded with beautiful summer scenery, an enthusiastic waitstaff, and a filling cuisine. Our Cafe has a relaxing and elegant atmosphere, while our tavern below has an upbeat, laid back atmosphere. Both offering indoor and outdoor seating, a firepit, and live music to suit all persons.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Good, but very pricey”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family of four ate here after a hike on the nearby trail. The setting is cute enough, although I recommend the deck. The inside is simply an older house repurposed. The girls had mac n cheese and a hot dog, respectively, each with a side of veggies. The Mac n cheese was actually penne Alfredo, the veggies were roasted cauliflower & broccoli. Both were yummy but did have LOTS of butter. My husband had the Ohiopyle wrap and loved it, while my " Youghness Monster" was just ok. After drinks for all us, which included 2 bottles & one can of beer, the bill was $48. I thought that was a bit high for just ok food.

• Visited July 2013

“Fantastic place, great food and service.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

A plus all the way. Food was amazing and large portions. Cathy our server was awesome. She was very outgoing, friendly and helpful. Entertainment was nice. A very happy confortable place. Will return often.

1 Thank cap115
“Wonderful start to a perfect day!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a nice little cafe! If you like salad you need to try the Summer Salad, fresh greens & seasonal berries very yummy!My mother ordered the Pesto Chix sand served with homemade chips & it was excellent!! The value & quality of food was great and the location at the beginning of our bike ride was perfect! What a nice day!

• Visited July 2013
“If I knew now what I didn't know then.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying something nice. The service was decent, that's about it. I don't know if the cook just didn't know what to do, but for 15$ I got the chicken Parmesan. I actually had to send it back because it tasted like nothing but cardboard, and felt no different. After receiving my second piece of chicken it was actually almost soft.... But the taste remained, it was stale and tasted horrible.

A friend of mine ordered the chicken cab (chicken stuffed with 5 different cheeses, supposedly) well this chicken was cooked EVEN WORSE, it was BLACK on the bottom.... As for the 5 cheeses,there was only one. AND this meal cost 20$?!?! Really?

For the quality and price we received, it should get a negative 3 star rating.

Now there were decent meals received, the lasagna for instance was delicious... But overall, AVOID, and eat at the bar BELOW!!!!

Also FYI, we couldn't order from the bar... Yet the kitchen was right behind us and they walked by us with the food for the bar. Really?

FT Worth
“Good location, right on the bike path.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Mainly sandwich type fair, nothing cheap, quality was good and nice overlook. This is a town of outdoor adventurist so expect the food and staff to be a quick and on the go type setting. Big beer selection if that is your gig.

• Visited June 2013