“Left due to rudeness” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ohiopyle House Cafe
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Ohiopyle
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A relaxing atmosphere surrounded with beautiful summer scenery, an enthusiastic waitstaff, and a filling cuisine. Our Cafe has a relaxing and elegant atmosphere, while our tavern below has an upbeat, laid back atmosphere. Both offering indoor and outdoor seating, a firepit, and live music to suit all persons.
Batesville, Arkansas
“Left due to rudeness”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We got caught in a rainstorm in Ohiopyle. It was on a Wednesday and many places are closed on that day. We had not planned to eat dinner there but thought since we were there, we could try it. We stood waiting to be seated and the waitress looked irritated at us as she made her way past us. We stood there for several minutes with each employee looking at us as if they wanted us to leave. We took the hint and left. I recommend you save yourself the step of even going into this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Nowisthetime57
Stacey M, Manager at Ohiopyle House Cafe, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
To whom it may concern,
I am sorry to hear about your experience at The Ohiopyle House Café, as the new manager I feel it is my responsibility to respond to any and all comments left on this page, good or bad, new or old. It is unfortunate that your dining with us was a negative experience, and would personally like to apologize. It is my top priority to correct the mistakes of previous years, and I have been hard at work in doing so. Reading over your comment, it is not acceptable that we the staff did not correct our mistake, I am extending to you an invitation back to the Café, to enjoy our newly renovated dining area, fresh and experienced staff, and our new menus! If you accept my invitation back, please as to see me, my name is Morgan Balsley, as it would be a great pleasure in meeting you, and being able to personally apologize to you, and also try to redeem our name with you.
Thank you for your comment, it has helped us to further our training and our knowledge on what needs to be changed.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't eat here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We went to this restaurant for breakfast. Waiting half an hour for breakfast.. There was only one other table waiting for food. The waitress didn't have change for our bill....I don't think there was a cash register there...Our food was terrible. burnt pancakes, dry eggs and potatoes. My son always eats everything when he goes to restaurants and he left more than half on his plate....Would not recommend!

Visited July 2012
Michele_Faze, Manager at Ohiopyle House Cafe, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I would like to apologize for a less than acceptable visit to our Cafe. Although your experience did not meet your expectations, I assure you that we do take our business very seriously and under no circumstance do we want a customer to walk away unhappy. Our main objective here at the Cafe is to provide each of our customers with a pleasing experience that they will remember and want to return to. All of our meals are cooked to order from scratch (everything is homemade) causing greater wait times than a precooked dish that could be provided in a shorter time frame. We understand that at some point the wait time becomes unacceptable and we are working hard to correct this issue. We strive to hire a knowledgeable, energetic staff who are full of personality and who can handle the diversity of our customers. We feel that we have a great staff here at the Cafe. We understand that everyone has a bad day however we do not condone our staff letting whatever issue they may have show through in their service. Due to the nature of our business, our staff works under extreme conditions and for the most part they handle it very well and treat our customers with the utmost respect. We feel that some of our reviews seem a little harsh, however our policy is that the customer is always right. We would like to be given a chance to right our wrong. Please return to the Cafe and give us another chance, I feel certain we can provide you with a much better experience. Also please email me before your next visit so I can provide you with any specials we may have for that time.
Sincerely
Michele Fazenbaker
Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food, live music and a shaded deck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate out on the shaded deck for dinner - the food was great, the lemonade in huge mason jars was fun, the service was prompt and friendly and there was a live band playing just down from the deck. A great spot!

Visited July 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Stay away. Seriously.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had a terrible experience there with my family. The waiter was openly rude to my girlfriend in front of our 5 y.o. I headed to our vehicle with our daughter to get her out of the situation while she paid. He told her he would not get the manager when she requested one. I went back in without my family and the same waiter started yelling at me about how rude my girlfriend was. I could hear the waiter/waitresses in the back talking about us as I walked in. The manager was not there. I called the Ohiopyle main office and spoke to the mother of the owner. She assured me I would get a call from her daughter and that she doesnt tolerate this behavior. Its been over a month with no call. Big surprise.
Besides the service the food was not that good once the right order was finally brought out. We waited well over an hour for the food and it was not busy when we went. Overpriced as well.
Horrible place to eat, drink or visit.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Akron, OH
“If it hasn't been crossed off the menu we might still have it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Actually the food wasn't bad and the charm of being in Ohiopyle made up for its shortcomings. I suppose when you see "fine food" on the same sign that boasts "6 packs to go" you shouldn't expect much. The experience is much of the story and adventure. Evidently the hostess hasn't been outside of tiny Ohiopyle (population 65) as she was clueless what to do with us as all the tables were occupied. "Um, would you want to take our name and we will be back in 15 / 20 minutes?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!" The whole experience was so hysterical that we laughed throughout lunch. Their flat bread pizza was flavorful but a bit overcooked and hard to cut. The Mac and Cheese looked wonderful and we went back, with our travel companions, the following day. Despite three "OPEN" signs, including the script neon in the front window, we could not find a soul. We wandered through the restaurant and the kitchen yelling "HELLO! HELLO!" but no one was there, or anywhere. Eventually we gave up our quest to sample their Mac and Cheese and found another place (Ray's Pizza) to dine.

Point to consider, go with an open mind and experience the laid back and simplistic approach of a small town. Not the best food we've ever had nor the best service, but a most memorable adventure.

• Visited October 2011