“Cozy, classy, comfy... Great food and staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakmont
Doone's Inn at Oakmont
Ranked #1 of 2 Oakmont B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This a fantastic inn located on the edge of the hallowed grounds of oakmont country club. Lorna "Doone," who happens to be a former club champ at occ cooks a mean breakfast, and is always eager to share a strory. I'm pretty sure that she Lisa and Tina are all underwriters on the book of hospitality. I plan on making many more trips all the way from California just to visit this gem.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Danflann

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Inn on three occasions during my travels to the Pittsburgh area. The place reminds me of the way things used to be. Outstanding personalized service and a true appreciation for my business.

I am not the type of person who usually reviews a business but since my last stay I felt compelled to find a way to really show my appreciation for the service I received.

Lorna (Inn Keeper) and the crew are a treat and the accommodations really provide a relaxing atmosphere.

I look forward to my next trip to Pittsburgh and returning to the Inn!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Suprisingly we stayed on a Saturday night and I believe we were the only people there. Our room was nice and the bed was super comfortable. The fireplace was a nice addition on a cold night. Breakfast was fabulous. It is a little expensive but worth it if you want to relax.

Room Tip: Pick the room with the fireplace on the back side of the house
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluemargarita59
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I had a groupon to use for the Doone's Inn. Although we only live 30 miles from here, the drive to get here was a tad hectic. Once there, however, we were enveloped in peace and tranquility. The Inn is beautiful- our room was very cozy with a very comfortable bed and fireplace. We relaxed and went out to dinner in the cute town of Oakmont, then visited the famed Oakmont bakery for some excellent treats! The breakfast in the am was very good. The owner was very nice and made us feel welcome and was helpful with questions about things to do.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This has been Doone's Inn for several years now, and we've stayed here twice while taking my son to the University of Pittsburgh. Right across the street from the famed Oakmont country club and golf course, the inn is a restful place -- but still only a 25-minute drive along the river from the Pitt campus. Owner/hostess Lorna makes a great breakfast and the rooms are good-sized. Bathrooms, like everything else, very nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Philadelphian35
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I've only been to a few bed and breakfasts in my life so it is hard for me to judge as a B&B. I am simply reviewing as a place to rest my mind and body for a night then refuel in the morning.

The innkeeper, Lorna, is super friendly and a great hostess. She has two dogs who also nicely greet you.

The room I stayed in was nice - not my taste, but to each their own. Golf-themed as this is across the street from the Oakmont Country Club.

Room basically felt clean, but there was a long hair on top of my sheets.

Room included private bathroom, electric fireplace, and flat-screen tv. Quiet and comfortable. Wi-fi internet access in sitting room on main floor worked just fine.

No afternoon/evening snack.

Breakfast is served between 7:30 and 9 am. If you have to leave for a tee time before 7:30 am, too bad - no breakfast for you. Seriously. I hear the breakfasts are fantastic, but I have no first hand knowledge. When you consider the rate (ours was over $200 a night incl. tax), you would think there would be a little more flexibility.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank GreatLakez
Lorna I, Guest Relations Manager at Doone's Inn at Oakmont, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2015

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your input and have since updated some accommodations you mentioned. Since our establishment is a bed and breakfast, we primarily focus on breakfast. Though, we gladly offer small snacks and beverages located near each guestroom. Otherwise, we can always store or refrigerate any food guests may want to bring themselves. Also, the Innkeeper prefers to know a guest's schedule (playing golf, traveling, etc.) so she can best accommodate for breakfast. The hours of a sit-down breakfast are between 7:00-9:00am but she can gladly provide a quick breakfast to go if requested.

Again, we appreciate your review and we are always looking for ways to improve!

Reviewed December 22, 2004

I've stayed here several times over the past few years and I always look forward to it. The rooms are well-equipped and comfortable. Some have fireplaces. The public spaces are pleasant. The management makes you feel very at-home.

• Stayed: October 2000
2  Thank emcole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakmont
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Harmarville
TownePlace Suites Pittsburgh Harmarville
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center

Been to Doone's Inn at Oakmont? Share your experiences!