“Favorite of locals”

The Mighty Oak Barrel
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Oakmont
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We consider our restaurant to be a seasonal restaurant with the menu changing with every season.We hang our hat on a Seasonal.Fresh.Local theme and enjoy incorporating all Fresh, Seasonal and as much Local flair as we can on our menu.We also run three appetizer and three entree specials every evening as well as seasonal martini's.We have a very good and fair wines by the glass program which also changes with the seasons. It's where the locals eat....
Caledonia, Michigan
“Favorite of locals”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is an off the beaten path restaurant that it appears only the locals know about... and frequent often. The bartenders and waitresses knew everyone's name, except mine being as I was an out-of-towner. They treated me very well, however, and the wait staff and patrons were all very welcoming. The patrons I met and spoke with loved the place and were there often.

I ordered the elk and filet meatloaf and it almost had the consistency of a steak. Delicious, well-prepared, full of flavor. The roasted garlic and onion soup I had before may have been the best thing I ate the whole meal, though. Rich and tasty, I would go back simply for the soup. Their suggested wine pairings were on the mark, and they take a lot of pride in their wines.

Although I did not try it, the couple next to me ordered the burgers, which they say are amazing, and marveled about it throughout, so I will definitely have to try a burger next time I am there. I will definitely make a return stop next time I am in Eastern Pittsburgh. The food is delicious, the wines are outstanding and the atmosphere is charming and welcoming.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank hemy12

natrona heights, pa (slightly north of pittsburgh)
“One of our favorite places!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We love the delicious seasonal menu, warm and friendly atmosphere, and great wines! We have brought many friends over the years and they have all become fans as well!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank mayngrl
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Charming atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Mighty Oak Barrel is a charming restaurant with some of the best food around. The wine selections abound and can be perfectly paired with an excellent meal. Don't miss this little gem in Oakmont.

2 Thank Catherine H
“5 Star Food in a Steelers Jersey”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Someone in that kitchen is having way too much fun. Creative and delicious offerings in a sports bar setting on a quiet side street in Oakmont. What's not to love?

2 Thank andthenmakesoup
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Superb”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My favorite place! Great food, different. I have never had a bad meal. Small and cozy. Service is excellent and the owners are a delight as well as the staff. Great place to go and not to pricey.

2 Thank Mcnic234