“Find a better place”

Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oakdale
Reviewed February 6, 2007

We stayed here on 10 June 2006. We arrived at the Pittsburgh airport after dark on a Saturday night and had some problems finding the motel. After we arrived, we were told we could have dinner at their restaurant at the other end of the parking lot. When we went to the restaurant, we were told that it had become a nightclub at 10 PM and no longer served dinner. They said we could order sandwiches at the bar, but there were so many people doing the same that we could not even get close to the bar. Besides that, it was so noisy we could not hear ourselves talk and finally went back to our room without anything to eat. We went to bed and were immediately disturbed by teenagers yelling in the parking lot outside our room. Then it sounded like some was getting murdered in the room next to ours. After about a half hour of listing to the noise, we called the front desk and asked for a room in another part of the motel. I was told we would have to pay extra for a different room and I about went through the roof. The desk clerk finally consented to change our room without an increase in cost.
Things were a lot less noisy there.
We were up and out early the next morning and cancelled a reservation that we had for the following week. I made a note never to stay at this place again.
We got reservations at the Hyatt Hotel at the airport for our last night in Pittsburgh and had a wonderful and quiet room. The airport check in area was just a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank TahoeCalifornia

A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed April 21, 2006

I have used this Inn for three years and highly recommend it...Anything I needed was given and their help is superb, even their cleaning personnel.. Any fault with the service, I believe, is wthin the visitor. Kudos to all at this Comfort Inn.

Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2006

I had an unexpected overnight layover in Pittsburgh... As are many of you reading this, I expect! Thankfully the airport offers free wi-fi and I was able to book this hotel at a discounted rate.

The staff is amazingly nice. I'm from New York, so maybe this is just me noticing that I'm not in the city any more.

That said, this is honestly the loudest hotel I've ever stayed in (as in not soundproofed) -- and again, I'm from New York! I can hear people in the next room, in the hall, and on the street below.

Otherwise, it is quite comfortable, if a little spartan. Bring your earplugs and you'll be fine for one night. It also has free wi-fi, by the way!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank gridskipper
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2005

The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a free Internet hookup in the lobby with a computer. The morning free breakfast was great. The room was large, clean and had excellent cable TV plus a refrigerator, coffee make and ironing equipment. Given the price of other facilities at the airport, this is a great deal which I would highly recommend.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakdale
Comfort Suites
#5 of 11 in Coraopolis
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#66 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport

Address: 7011 Steubenville Pike, Us 22-30 W, Oakdale, PA 15071-3307 (Formerly Comfort Inn Pittsburgh Airport)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Oakdale
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oakdale
Price Range: $70 - $107 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport 2.5*
The Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport formerly the Comfort Inn is conveniently located 6 mi from the Pittsburgh Airport and 10 mi from Downtown Pittsburgh. With free Airport Transportation, free Wi-Fi, Free Q Corner Breakfast Buffet and the Tonidale Pub and Cornerstone at Tonidale Banquet Center on site, this hotel proves to be the best value in and around Pittsburgh. Whether you are looking for a Park and Fly Package, a place for your next Corporate Meeting or a place to hold the Wedding or Event you have to plan, the caring staff will help you plan and make sure you leave looking forward to your next visit or function. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Pittsburgh Airport Hotel Oakdale