“Food and service super”

Nottingham Inn Kitchen & Creamery
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: WHERE CASUAL MEETS DELICIOUS!At the Nottingham Inn Kitchen & Creamery you find a warm, inviting atmosphere with great food, exceptional service and a setting that truly lets you relax. Always family-friendly, the Kitchen & Creamery is casual, full-service dining at its best. We feature delicious, satisfying American heartland cuisine at moderate prices with fresh products and produce from local farms and dairies. And don’t forget to finish your meal with one of our old-fashioned ice cream treats!
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Food and service super”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Excellant food, good service, good hours, a must if you are in the area; breakfast especially good; check out area activities while here

Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Had stopped and had ice cream and decided next time we would come for dinner! Tonight was the night for dinner. First of all the selection was great too many to choose from, lol my husband told the waitress we needed a few more minutes because he was in between 5 and that was just the one side. He decided on the crabb Mac and cheese. I decided the fish and chips my husband and i would split each so we could enjoy both. The crab Mac and cheese was just perfect and the fish and chips were the best i have had in a long while, you got 2 pieces of fish fried with ff and Cole slaw, both were a decent portion. We saved room for the dessert my husband got the peanut butter bomb which was very rich and decadent, i decided on the"baby size" cookie and cream hard ice cream. Great atmosphere, we didn't have our children along but, i would be comfortable bringing them with us. The waitress kept our drinks filled and was right there to keep everything on target. We will return!

• Visited July 2013
“Awesome hot fudge sundae!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on our way back from Woodys in North East, had to take advantage of the great ice cream and was not disappointed:)

• Visited July 2013
Lancaster County PA
“Nottingham Inn Kitchen & Creamery visit”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I were going to visit my mother for Mother's Day and therefore, I looked on the Internet for a restaurant that would be open to take her out for lunch or dinner. She lives in Oxford, PA and I found the Nottingham Inn Kitchen & Creamery in, of course, Nottingham, PA. Robin Hood nor the Sheriff were to be found anywhere, but we did find the Nottingham Inn Kitchen to be one of those special places, where the food and service were outstanding with an ambience possessing a comfortable and local feel. It is not a large restaurant; however, they move groups of people through quickly yet respectfully. The owner or manager was everywhere making sure diners did not have to wait long and he kept them apprised of wait time. Even though it was Mother's Day, we waited only about ten minutes in a little area off to the side. If the weather is nice, you can choose to sit outside at their picnic bench. One can drive up to the other end of the restaurant for some old fashioned ice cream at their creamery.
The only problem came when we discovered that we were too early for lunch. This was my fault, as I had not read the whole Internet advertisement. On Sundays, the Nottingham Inn Kitchen serves breakfast until 2 PM (other day's breakfast ends at 11:30 AM). We arrived about 1 PM and every seat was filled, so it must be a good idea. Although I caution you not to make the same mistake, it was a mistake that turned out quite well as we enjoyed above the norm breakfasts. All three of us like breakfast meals so we decided to have breakfast for lunch on Mother's Day. We were happy that we did. My mother had eggs over medium with home fries and toast. My wife ordered a Western cheese omelet with green peppers, onion and ham. When it came, it was huge along with home fries and toast. I ordered Banana Walnut French Toast topped with bananas, wet (maple syrup soaked) walnuts and whipped cream. I don't remember how many slices but it filled a large plate and it was all one could do to finish. The eggs and everything else was cooked perfectly and served in an appetizing display on the plate. Everyone's meal was delicious and plentiful. The server was very attentive but not overly so. In fact, she was so good that we tipped beyond the 20%.
The Nottingham Inn Kitchen has an amazingly varied menu. Some of the offerings for breakfast are omelettes with choices of spinach, mushrooms, feta, bacon, ham, potato, green peppers, onion, tomato, lox & cheese, smoked salmon, and lump crabmeat. There is chipped beef, hot and cold cereals, egg sandwiches, Belgian waffle with strawberries, French toast, yogurt & cream, and raison bread French toast, many pancake types such as buttermilk whole wheat, Swedish oatmeal, blueberry, apple cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Some of the lunch offerings are stuffed Kennett Portobello, sweet potato fries basket, hummus, crispy shrimp ranch wrap, chicken salad, fried tomato and shrimp salad, farm veggie burger, roasted turkey ruben, Nottingham angus burger, brisket melt, etc. Dinner could include roast turkey dinner, blackened shrimp, pork chop, Maryland Crab mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings, fish & chips, crab cakes, fried chicken, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, BBQ beef brisket, rib eye steak, shirt ribs and chicken meatball dinner. To top it off, the prices are very reasonable. Their menu shows that they are open every day Monday through Sunday opening at 7 AM until 9 PM on weekend nights and 8 PM on Sundays. On Sunday only, they close for an hour between 2 PM and 3 PM to change over from the extended breakfast hours to lunch and dinner. Also noted on the menu is that they are constantly updating the menu to use only the best local ingredients in season.
Overall, the restaurant was well run and well staffed. All the wait staff seemed to know their jobs well and kept moving. Do not let the small size of the restaurant deter you from trying them. At this point, I can only speak for the breakfast foods, however, that is a good indication that lunch and dinner meals will be every bit as good. We have every intention on our next trip, to sample their lunch or dinner menu items. I cannot speak favorably enough of this establishment. We really did feel that we were in a high-end restaurant, however, with modest prices.

• Visited May 2013
Wharton, New Jersey
“Great food! Wish it was closer to home!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stumbled upon this place by accident after driving for miles looking for a someplace to eat that was decent. My friend said it was the best burger she ever have and the Herr's cheese soup was very good. We also enjoyed the hummus platter with fresh veggies and warm fresh pita wedges. The portabello burger was delicious but the balsamic glaze lacked the the sweetness that was expected. The ice cream was also a nice ending to a pleasant lunch experience.

• Visited May 2013