“Excellent food!”

Joseph Ambler Inn Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph Ambler Inn Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in North Wales
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Telford
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This restaurant is truly an excellent place to dine! My wife got the filet, which was done to her specifications and I got a three course meal which included a salad, porterhouse steak, and a dessert. The steak was quite tasty and the desert was a raspberry/peach cobbler with a dollop of ice cream on top. The cost was $35 for my meal and most other entrees were in the $25-$35 range. It included service that was extraordinary! My water glass must have been topped off at least 10 times. Dining was a pleasure in an atmosphere that was beautifully decorated for Christmas which included white and red poinsettias. It was wonderful!

• Visited December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Terrific atmosphere and food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We are regular diners here and have never been disappointed. Really terrific colonial atmosphere is this "village" combine nicely with an excellent menu and typically service here is just right. Tonight was no exception, I had a wonderful sea bass on a bed of perfect risotto. Normally, I am a beef guy, I like a heavier flavor, the sea bass didn't disappoint, fresh and full of flavor. The warm spinach salad was also really good. My wife had a sushi appetizer, it was unusually large - enough to share and she loved it and is picky about sushi. A wonderful night and meal again. TIP - in the warmer months sit on the patio for a nice spot to grab a cocktail.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Thanksgiving dinner”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Three of us enjoyed a nice meal here. The restaurant is colonial style, so just the right warm atmosphere for Thanskgiving. The dinner was a buffet, and it was a tight squeeze (and a long walk) getting from our table to the food, given the number of tables and narrow passages which handled traffic in both directions. The selection was not overwhelming but certainly abundant. They served the traditional foods along with a row of alternatives (mac & cheese, salmon, chicken). We mostly found the food to be very tasty, although I agree with Geoffrey S that sweet potatoes were not good. My ham and turkey were delicious and tender. The service was excellent and made the meal worth the price. I also want to note that we never felt rushed. I would consider returning next year for the holiday meal.

• Visited November 2012
“Good food in a quiet atmosphere”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a quiet evening with your significant other, this could be the spot. Not a place for children, they would be bored. It borders on catering to seniors but there was a mixture of 40-50 something's as well. Wait staff was super friendly bordering on goofy, but in a nice way.

Bloomfield, New Jersey
“disappointing Thanksgiving meal”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I would prefer to say that we loved the Thanksgiving buffet, but it did not measure up, in any way. The turkey was overbrined, too salty and rubbery.. The candied yams were the worst I've ever had- big chunks of undercooked yams in water with a few marshmallows on top and no seasoning. The stuffing had WAY too much sage and we could barely eat any of it. The desserts were equally bad. The cheesecake was very eggy with no taste of cream cheese, cookies seemed to be from Pillsbury cookie dough. We each had only one plate of food, left over some of it, and didn't even want to finish the few desserts we tried. A VERY expensive, less than mediocre meal. We won't be going back.

1 Thank Geoffrey S