“Average Food and Not Much or It”

Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar North Wales
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar North Wales is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in North Wales
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Welsh Rd
Description: Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar offers an under 500 calorie seasonally changing, local farm to table menu, 50+ wines by the glass, seasonal cocktails and local beers. Start your meal at Harvest with one of our seasonal flatbreads and then enjoy wood grilled steak, poultry and seafood paired with the perfect glass of wine selected by our knowledgeable staff. Every three months Harvest changes the menu to reflect the change of the seasons. Harvest works with 75 local farmers to source the freshest and highest quality products available. At Harvest the use of sustainable, organic and healthy ingredients doesn’t stop with the menu. From the organic cleaning products, to our recycled glass bar tops, and from our recycled paper products to the ink on our menus Harvest is truly a green concept.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We recently visited Harvest Seasonal Grille with four other couples. The verdict was unanimous. The food was nothing special and the portion were really small. You can't even make up the small portions with desert, they were tiny, too.
One couple got the asparagus appetizer which consisted of only four spears. Most had salads which were small and unremarkable. I had the lemon thyme chicken. I could taste no lemon or thyme. My wife had the ginger pork chop which was tasty but so small it was finished in five bites. The deserts were good. They were served in oversized shot glasses, which gives you some idea of the size. I give them credit for a very good wine list with most of the wines below $30. Everything else was overpriced, given the quantity and quality of the food. We won't be going back.

There are newer reviews for Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar North Wales

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The restaurant is way too loud. The food is just ok. I found it to be bland. My tuna was overdone. My husband's short ribs were dry. The cornbread was good. The service was mediocre. At first I felt hurried then as it got busier, we felt forgotten. My cocktail was good and they have a decent wine list. It wasn't a horrible experience but I don't need to go back anytime soon.

1  Thank evansvuk
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

one ofmy fav new places! suoer menu, love the small plates, great service, pretty Atmosphere, wonderful cuisine, almost guilt- free delish desserts!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The waitress was very bubbly and expounded on the virtues of the "organic" "local grown" food. Get real! Broccoli is a fall veg.
We were not that much impressed. The food was ok, good, but not memorable. My duck was cooked properly, but the two cold veg piles were some kind of mix of oriental and Mexican. I didn't get it or really enjoy it. My wife had the chicken which was pretty good but very red near the bone. They tried to cook it right; but didn't quite make it.
They are making a big deal over their organic flare, but let's face it there is no scientific backing for it virtues. We can find much better quality and less pretentious food not far away. The portions were to our liking. Not likely to return or recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We loved our waitress, Rebecca. Friendly, new and made every attempt to explain the beer, the wine, the food, the plates and if she didn't know, she found out. Delightful.
Uncertain as to what to choose, we decided on 6 appetizers, one of which was a Starter flatbread. While waiting and waiting, I had a Corona while my friend chose a nice 5 Beer Flight. One of those "kicked out" which we still don't understand other than we couldn't get it as a choce. The Starter which was the Smoked Salmon Flabread came after the woman who delivere dthe Organic Humus Trio, Spicy Thai Calamair and Grilled Braciole. I just politely asked where the Starter was and was told not so warmly that she only had "two hands". Out came the Salmon Starter Flabread, with the Yellowfin Tuna Tartare. We also asked fro Mac and Cheese. So....lets talk. Had the starter been delivered as a starter on possibly a hot iron, it would have been warm, or even hot(yay) and delicious. Instead, it was cool and we could only spirit the mirage that it would have been had it been served differently. The chicken was overcooked and cold, the hummus was done nicely in three small plates but really, had not a bite to it. We were glad to get little pita slices with it as balancing what we had hoped with what was, was taking place. We needed something as a salve. In that, was the spicy (non breaded) clamari which was warm and good. The grilled braciole left me dreaming as it was cold, However, it was moist and the beef was delicisou. The yellowfin tuna tartare? No pizzazz at all. Where was any lime, cilantro, onion, cuke, ??? My friend said it was like "having a cold and not tasting the food". Come on guys, we were hoping for a neighborhood gem....you really were disappointing us. Darn you! Your service was fun only in the exchange with the waitress who got a great tip. So when she brought out the dessert dispaly of Key Lime Pie, Lemon Merinque, Chocolate Salted Caramel and Oreo Mousse...we got them all. Now...this is where we kissed an made up with Harvest. My favorite? The Lemon Meringue.
One more thing! I asked for a Margerta and was told they don't do chopped ice. C'mon, now?? I have a ten year old Sears Kenmore and can get chopped ice. No one should be serving such a drink without. Next time....I hope to get one.
We are grateful for organic. The tomatoes, arugula under the beef, cukes and carrots with the hummus....were farm fresh and delcious. We hope you stay around, but you need to tighten those bolts to do so!