“Very clean and friendly staff!”

Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
Houston, Texas
“Very clean and friendly staff!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times for my business trip. I love the clean room!!! No sour/funky smells in the bathroom like other hotels , their beds are so comfy and clean and a small refrigerator was a plus! Their front desk people are very friendly and they have free fresh baked cookies on a daily basis. I have about 3 to 4 business trips to make this year and I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We thank you for the many kind words. As a manager we like to hear the good and bad so we can improve. I get a comment almost every day on how friendly our staff is. This is not the case at most hotels. Our hotel is currently ranked in the top 25% of all Courtyards around the world. The staff and management take great pride in the service they provide. The hotel is in a great location with a major mall right across the street and is also surrounded by any kind of restaurant you can think of.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tintern, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and it has been improved of late with nice rooms and decor. The staff are attentive and pleasant. I was slightly disappointed with the fitness room which is lightly equipped. Breakfast is good but a confusing mix of self service buffet and cook to order which can take a while at peak times.
Nice selection of places to dine including an adjacent Chilles, which served me well.
I will be happy to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We thank you for your many comments and hope by reading these we can improve. Our fitness room was also renovated last year. One thing we don't have that we did is the elliptical but we do meet Marriott standards. I am trying to get another elliptical though because we have had some requests. The hotel is definitely in a great location from a major mall across the street to every restaurant in the book around us. We hope to see you next time.

Cork - Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at this Courtyard Marriott for 5 nights on business. Location is good for my work and also for chain restaurants, and the Montgomerville Mall. Stayed at other Courtyards in the US and this one was simiar if a little below par relative to some of the others.

In general a good stay though so dont get me wrong. I would recommend.
Very friendly staff. Very helpful. Easy check-in and good welcome. No mention of Marriott Rewards Club though.
Lobby and entrance is the most dissapointing element of the place. Needs a refurb. Its pretty dreary. Even though it looks like it had some form of a make-over recently....

Rooms have been refurbished too to reflect usual Courtyard style. Bath products have become poor though. Sage soap? Allergic! This is a general comment re Courtyard though!

Room was clean - though a little further investigation suggests a little better dusting would be beneficial. In general though the standard of cleanliness is good.

Breakfast was varied and some healthy eating options available. No atmosphere in the restaurant at all though, as it feels like it is part of the reception area and needs a good refurbish.

Internet access was excellent. A first for Couryard Marriott! Very fast. Didnt drop. Easy log in! Well done!!!
Quiet room. Very well insulated. No noise from other rooms. Temp in the room good also and easily controlled.

I didnt use the pool area but it looked clean and well maintained.

Good stay but the communal areas and front of building let the impression down a little.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We thank you for the many comments as we welcome good and bad so we can improve on our service. The sleeping rooms were renovated last year and the lobby and public space are scheduled this year. Our hotel gets many comments on its great location since it is right across the street from a major mall. It is also surrounded by any restaurant you can think of. As the manager, I get comments almost everyday how friendly our staff is. So whether it is for business or pleasure, make the Courtyard by Marriott Montgomeryville your place to stay.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Been here four or five times. Rooms are very clean, but amenities are limited. They seem to aim for two, not three towels, etc. Front desk staff (and dining room staff) couldn't be nicer, but are lacking in training and knowledge.

Reception had no idea where a local restaurant was located and wouldn't say that, asked me to come back in 30 minutes. (Gosh, I could use Mapquest in 3.) Much confusion checking out trying to get breakfast charge sent 30 feet to the front desk. Took a huddle of waitress and receptionist to try for 5 minutes to come up with a plan. Bar was supposed to be open at 5, but never opened that evening.

Bottom line. A perfectly fine place to stay, but don't expect more than big smiles, good intentions and a clean hotel. Getting anything done can take a little extra time and effort. Staff will pleasantly smile while they work on it, but they leave you wondering if they've ever traveled themselves or heard the request before.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We welcome good and bad comments. We strive to give the best service that we can but can always improve. I will definitely look into the issues mentioned. Our hotel is currently ranked 40 out of all Courtyards around the world. We also went through renovations this year in the rooms.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I keep going back to this hotel each time I am coming to US.
the rooms are big and nice . all ways clean and the service is very polite.
the hotel is located near big mall and bust buy shop so you can find every thing you need.
the meals are good and the restaurant service is always good and making you feel comfortable.

when I forgot my bill charge they send it to me when I needed it.
additional there is a lot of parking place and good Mexican restaurant just 1 min away
the management there are very good and I am keep going back

Room Tip: floor three and above are preferred
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Asif M
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the many kind words. Here at our hotel we get alot of international travelers. One of the main reasons is because of our great location and superior service and clean rooms. Most of our guests just walk across the street to a major mall in this region. Chilis is right next door. You don't even need to go outside which is great when the weather is bad. Our hotel is surrounded by any kind of restaurant you can think of and stores. So if you are here for work or play we have so much to offer in the area.

Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We booked this hotel for our wedding guests on June 9th. The man I spoke with that helped me set this all up was very nice and efficient. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the staff. We were told that because our wedding was at Pine Crest Country Club we get a complimentary suite. About a week before our reservation deadline, many of our guests were trying to book a room and the hotel told them the rooms were filled. I knew this couldn't be possible because we blocked off about 15-20 rooms. I called and asked them to check and they told me the same thing. I then got in contact with Valencie, the original person I spoke with, who then told me only 4 of our rooms were booked so I'm not sure why I was being told otherwise. The night of our actual wedding was even worse. There were other guests from other weddings that were already there so I assume this is why the awful woman at the front desk was so miserable. She looked to be a supervisor, but I have never seen someone act so unprofessionally. A guest of ours accidentally dropped a glass bottle and felt so bad he asked for a mop and said he would clean it up himself and she was extremely ignorant and talking about us to another employee right there until we put her in her place. It was pretty later and we were all exhausted and I am not a drinker so for anyone that thinks we were a rowdy wedding group, that simply wasn't the case. That's not the best part...when my new husband and I tried to check into our "complimentary room" they didn't have it or ANY room for that matter booked for us!!! How is it possible to not have a reservation for the bride and groom?!? It took over an hour of standing in the lobby until they finally found a room for us to stay in. The hotel itself was clean and well maintained and the breakfast the next day was nice as well as the staff in the morning. My experience however, was so awful the night before, especially because of that woman, that I will never return there nor recommend them to anyone. You can thank her for that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMac6912
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
We thank you for the comments good and bad. Our hotel and staff can always improve on anything. I will definitely look into these issues and act on them. Please know we are very sorry and always want our guest to have a great stay so they come back again.

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting friends in the area. We loved that it was right across the street from the mall which we took advantage of several times!

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and easy. The rooms were good size and beds were very comfortable. The free wifi worked great and the bathrooms were also a good size with great water pressure.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lawheel
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
As always we appreciate everyone's comment whether they are good or bad. The hotel is in a great location especially since we are right across the street from a major mall. All the guests love this and the fact that we are surrounded by any restaurant under the sun. On top of all of that, next year we wilo have a Wegmans right across the street at the mall.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!