“Courtyard By Marriott Philadelphia Montgomeryville” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
SC
“Courtyard By Marriott Philadelphia Montgomeryville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from Dec 6th-Dec 9th.Great location and the people that work in the hotel are very courteous.Only complaint is the small saltwater swimming pool is freezing cold if it is supposed to be heated they keep the heat very low in the pool.Also the pool depth is only 4 feet it is like a large baby pool.Also walls are a little thin heard the banging of doors early in the morning like 7 am.This is why I cannot give the hotel the highest rating.Rooms are nice and spacious bathrooms are very clean and the location is excellent right across from a mall and near many restaurants and shopping areas.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the 1st floor as it is noisy get an upper level room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
it is always great to hear such great comments. We always want our guests to feel like it is their home away from home. Marriott Corp. has a great rewards program and that is another reason why people stay so loyal to the brand. Our breakfast buffet is larger than any other brand within Marriott and that includes Belguim waffles and omletes cooked to order. Our sleeping rooms are larger then most Courtyards which appeals very much to the business travler or leisure guest.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I usually had to go to North Wales, PA for work with my old job (very recently switched jobs), and have been thankful that my old company had a standard rate with Marriott.

Staff: Very friendly staff, in fact, the staff talked me into signing up for Marriott rewards and I'm glad that I did (racking up the points!). I would typically leave early in the morning and return late at night due to the grueling hours of work. No matter the time of day, I was always greeted with a smile and was sometimes asked how my day went. I know the receptionist has better things to do, but it's nice to hear that every once in a while from a complete stranger (whether they have to or not). Checking in and out was always quick and they would always allow me to check-in early.

Food: I'm not a fan of eating hotel food, but I always ate the breakfast here. I would usually just work right through lunch, so I made sure that every morning, I would have a big breakfast. I usually went with some Belgian waffles, eggs, and a bowl of fruit -- it hit the spot and gave me the energy I needed for my day.

Room: Like I do with all hotels I stay at, I checked the beds for bed bugs and every corner of the room for insects; my inspection was good and everything turned out to be clean. The beds were comfortable and the room had plenty of lighting. In addition, there is also a microwave, mini refrigerator, and a flat panel TV with HD channels. The hotel also provides internet, however, I have found it to be particularly slow. In fact, I would sometimes use my Verizon Mifi mobile hotspot instead of the hotels internet.

Bathroom: No complaints here. Complimentary soap, shampoo, lotion, and conditioner for those that may have forgotten to pack something. My last visit, I forgot to bring a razor and the hotel provided me with one - it was much appreciated. The shower was always hot and the shower head always had a good amount of pressure.

Recreation: If I had time, I would always try to take advantage of the exercise room. The room itself is not large, but it's good enough if you want to release some stress from the day. During the warm season, I would always take my laptop outside and sit in the courtyard - very comforting. The hotel also has a pool, but I never took advantage of it.

The one thing I always had issues with was parking. I would usually come back late from work and the lot would be completely full and I always ended up parking at Chili's. So if you want a spot, try to get back to the hotel by 10PM.

Note: If you're driving from this hotel to the airport (PHL), leave 3 hours early and take the BLUE ROUTE! You will be stuck in traffic, but not as bad as you would if you take I-76. The first time I stayed here, I took I-76 back to the airport and missed my flight because it took me 2.5 hours to drive 40 miles - learn from my mistake.

Bottom Line: If you're in North Wales for whatever reason and need a hotel to stay at, I recommend this Marriott Courtyard. I stayed here several times for work and was never disappointed. I always had a good nights sleep and they have curtains that close all the way to block outside lighting (not all hotels do!).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We always love to hear from guests that stayed with us whether it is good or bad. I am very lucky to have such a great staff. I don't go a day without getting a comment on how friendly our staff is. The hotel has great scores from guests surveys with cleanliness and service. The hotel just went through an extensive room renovation this year. Our hotel has a great location centrally located to all the restaurants in the area and a major mall right across the street.

pittsburgh, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Check in was simple and easy, lobby was nice size and cleanliness was noticed upon entering hotel.
Front desk person was really polite and even helped me find some stores open on thanksgiving morning to get lunch.
Room was really put together nicely. Sufficient desk/work area, and nice king comfortable bed. Looked to be recently updated, but well maintained outside of a leaky toilet. Bathroom was a nice size, and again laid out well.
A little bar area fit perfectly behind the headboard of the bed, with coffee maker and fridge (nice touch!)

I have to say that someone needs to invent a hotel door closing system that doesnt slam! Friday morning starting at 8am room doors slammed for the next couple hours. I couldnt tell if it was housekeeping or people leaving for the day. I understand they set them up to make sure they close behind you when you leave, but when you dont want them to lock and move the metal latch in front, it makes one HECK of a noise. My wife and I were exhausted from our trip, and just wanted to sleep in a bit, this made it almost impossible.

Overall, since we were there visiting relatives, it will now be MY hotel of choice each visit.....unless something changes (which i hope not!!)
Nicely done Marriott!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe B
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
The hotel just went through renovations this year in the sleeping rooms. This was a great product before and now even better. We take great pride in our service and we truly do have a great staff. As general manager, I get comments almost everyday how friendly our staff is. Concerning the guest room doors, not much can be done other than adjusting the door closure. I will definitely have my maintenance person look into this. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Montgomeryville.

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Marriott Courtyard in Montogeryville is perfect if this is where you need to be in Montgomery County. I had my second stay at this hotel for a business meeting in the area and for 3 nights, I was comfortable in a very central location. The hotel is showing a bit of age in the rooms based upon my previous stay as the bathroom grout and caulking is in need of a bit of repair but the balance of the room was very clean and tidy. I was given an adjoining room and the gentleman next to me was easily heard on the phone and watching tv. When my TV was on, this was not an issue and luckily he was not up late. The free internet is fast! Unusual in a hotel and very welcomed. There is a nice workout room and pool but unfortunately I didn't have time to try either. The front desk folks were all courtious and friendly, thank you kindly to them! The bed and pillows wonderfully soft. The Paul Mitchell toiletries are a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NYCTravelMan
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice comments. Our hotel does have a great location and is also right across from a major mall. Also we are surrounded by all the major chain restaurants and then some great independent ones. We actually work on the caulking and grout on a weekly basis as part of the preventive maintenance program. I hope you continue to use our hotel for your business needs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Huge rooms! Separate bedroom, office/tv room, dressing room and bathroom. Closets, two sinks, outlets everywhere. Clean. Free wi-fi. Across the street from the mall. And next to Chilli's restaurant! The hotel's room service is through Chilli's as well. Great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Pklemans
Thank you so much for the many kind words. It is truly a very nice and unique touch having Chili's connected to the hotel and then them offering room service. You could say it is like staying at a full service hotel. Alot of people like the added feature especially when the weather is bad.

Beaconsfield, Bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the Hurricane Sandy experience, and can recommend it as a refuge! My colleague and I had been due to travel to NJ for business meetings after a week here, but Sandy put paid to that. The hotel were able to re-book us in for another week and gave us rooms next to each other. We had no loss of power, lighting or internet - thankfully, as the hotel had no generator. We recognised all the members of staff who continued to come to work (or who had stayed in the hotel overnight during the storm period) and all continued to be bright and cheerful despite any concerns they might have about friends, family and what was happening at their homes. Front desk staff and breakfast wait staff were especially friendly.

The rooms are very attractive, and the trademark Marriott beds still the best for a good nights sleep - even with a category 1 storm trying to bash the windows in! The chairs/sofas in the room (some rooms have only a single armchair, others have a sofa) aren't that comfortable for lounging. There is a cooler in the room, which was unexpectedly effective in keeping our emergency storm supplies cool! Another welcome touch was the free laundry supplies, and lower cost of using the washer/dryers than I have seen elsewhere.

On the night the storm was due to land, my colleague fortunately called the front desk early to find out if Chillis was staying open. On finding they were on the point of closing we placed an urgent order for dinner to take up to our rooms. One of the staff kept the restaurant open for us whilst she cooked a our dinners, and we bought a bottle of wine to get us through the storm!

Our only small issue with the hotel, and one that has been pointed out to them on several visits, is the inconsistency with breakfast charging - I had exactly the same breakfast every day I was there and the charge varied from $4.24 to $8.37! My colleague's variance was even more marked, culminating in her having the biggest breakfast of her stay and being charged only $2.12 for it! The breakfast staff are all charming and friendly, so I hope this comment doesn't reflect too badly on them, but the hotel should decide if they are charging by-item, or for the buffet. Oh and there was some noise from wedding guests at the weekend but can't really blame hotel for that! Call to front desk if it becomes unbearable!

In all - thanks to the hotel for looking after two travellers during the epic storm!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jockette
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I thank for the many great comments and yes we all made it through the hurricane. That week we had alot of local people stsying here besides our corporate clientele. In the area most of the people lost their power but we did not. We were very fortunate. Alot of the associates lost their power also so they stayed over which is one of the perks of being in the business. We were also lucky with the staff being able to come into work. I will definitely look into the price variances for breakfast. Our staff and management were very happy to hear that we met your expectations through the hurricane..
Malverne, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We came to the hotel for an overnight stay for a local wedding. When we got to our room, it was right next to the elevator, and I thought this was going to be trouble. Usually when you enter a hotel room, the bed is on the wall to the left or right. This room was so different, their was a wall that was built parallel to the entrance of the room and the bed was on that wall. It looked so nice. Anyway, there was no noise at all. The breakfast was 10 bucks, and it included a buffet, as well as, made to order omelets or eggs. Only criticism I would have is for the front desk staff. Upon arrival they had no clue as to the shuttle arrangement for the wedding we were there to attend. Also, I asked them for additional coffee packets for the room and they had no idea as to the location of these coffee packets. They did, however, assure me that the treasure hunt would come to a conclusion which would result in me attaining two additional coffee packets. Needless to say, the hunt was unsuccessful, never got my coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I thank you for the many kind words. Our hotel always appreciates the good and the bad comments so we can improve on our service. Yes our hotel is quite the destination for weddings because of the great location. We are centrally located with many restaurants in the area and a major mall right across the street. I am very sorry to hear our front desk did not know about the shuttle. We try and get all that information ahead of time from the bride and groom. Concerning the coffee for the rooms, they should of had that behind the front desk. I will definitely go over this with them. Our hotel loves having all of the out of town wedding guests stay with us and make that special day a reality. Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!