Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Joseph Ambler Inn(North Wales)
Quality Inn(Montgomeryville)
Deck Motel(Blue Bell)
View Hotel
All reviewschili's restaurantcomfortable bedearly checkfront desk staffguests attendingvery nice staybusiness tripworkout roomwould definitely stay here againeasy accessinternethallway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Marriott Courtyard in Montogeryville is perfect if this is where you need to be in Montgomery County. I had my second stay at this hotel for a business meeting in the area and for 3 nights, I was comfortable in a very central location. The hotel is showing a bit of age in the rooms based upon my previous stay as the bathroom grout and caulking is in need of a bit of repair but the balance of the room was very clean and tidy. I was given an adjoining room and the gentleman next to me was easily heard on the phone and watching tv. When my TV was on, this was not an issue and luckily he was not up late. The free internet is fast! Unusual in a hotel and very welcomed. There is a nice workout room and pool but unfortunately I didn't have time to try either. The front desk folks were all courtious and friendly, thank you kindly to them! The bed and pillows wonderfully soft. The Paul Mitchell toiletries are a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank NYCTravelMan
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for the nice comments. Our hotel does have a great location and is also right across from a major mall. Also we are surrounded by all the major chain restaurants and then some great independent ones. We actually work on the caulking and grout on a weekly basis as part of the preventive maintenance program. I hope you continue to use our hotel for your business needs.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Huge rooms! Separate bedroom, office/tv room, dressing room and bathroom. Closets, two sinks, outlets everywhere. Clean. Free wi-fi. Across the street from the mall. And next to Chilli's restaurant! The hotel's room service is through Chilli's as well. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Pklemans

Thank you so much for the many kind words. It is truly a very nice and unique touch having Chili's connected to the hotel and then them offering room service. You could say it is like staying at a full service hotel. Alot of people like the added feature especially when the weather is bad.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the Hurricane Sandy experience, and can recommend it as a refuge! My colleague and I had been due to travel to NJ for business meetings after a week here, but Sandy put paid to that. The hotel were able to re-book us in for another week and gave us rooms next to each other. We had no loss of power, lighting or internet - thankfully, as the hotel had no generator. We recognised all the members of staff who continued to come to work (or who had stayed in the hotel overnight during the storm period) and all continued to be bright and cheerful despite any concerns they might have about friends, family and what was happening at their homes. Front desk staff and breakfast wait staff were especially friendly.

The rooms are very attractive, and the trademark Marriott beds still the best for a good nights sleep - even with a category 1 storm trying to bash the windows in! The chairs/sofas in the room (some rooms have only a single armchair, others have a sofa) aren't that comfortable for lounging. There is a cooler in the room, which was unexpectedly effective in keeping our emergency storm supplies cool! Another welcome touch was the free laundry supplies, and lower cost of using the washer/dryers than I have seen elsewhere.

On the night the storm was due to land, my colleague fortunately called the front desk early to find out if Chillis was staying open. On finding they were on the point of closing we placed an urgent order for dinner to take up to our rooms. One of the staff kept the restaurant open for us whilst she cooked a our dinners, and we bought a bottle of wine to get us through the storm!

Our only small issue with the hotel, and one that has been pointed out to them on several visits, is the inconsistency with breakfast charging - I had exactly the same breakfast every day I was there and the charge varied from $4.24 to $8.37! My colleague's variance was even more marked, culminating in her having the biggest breakfast of her stay and being charged only $2.12 for it! The breakfast staff are all charming and friendly, so I hope this comment doesn't reflect too badly on them, but the hotel should decide if they are charging by-item, or for the buffet. Oh and there was some noise from wedding guests at the weekend but can't really blame hotel for that! Call to front desk if it becomes unbearable!

In all - thanks to the hotel for looking after two travellers during the epic storm!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jockette
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I thank for the many great comments and yes we all made it through the hurricane. That week we had alot of local people stsying here besides our corporate clientele. In the area most of the people lost their power but we did not. We were very fortunate. Alot of the associates lost their power also so they stayed over which is one of the perks of being in the business. We were also lucky with the staff being able to come into work. I will definitely look into the price variances for breakfast. Our staff and management were very happy to hear that we met your expectations through the hurricane..

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We came to the hotel for an overnight stay for a local wedding. When we got to our room, it was right next to the elevator, and I thought this was going to be trouble. Usually when you enter a hotel room, the bed is on the wall to the left or right. This room was so different, their was a wall that was built parallel to the entrance of the room and the bed was on that wall. It looked so nice. Anyway, there was no noise at all. The breakfast was 10 bucks, and it included a buffet, as well as, made to order omelets or eggs. Only criticism I would have is for the front desk staff. Upon arrival they had no clue as to the shuttle arrangement for the wedding we were there to attend. Also, I asked them for additional coffee packets for the room and they had no idea as to the location of these coffee packets. They did, however, assure me that the treasure hunt would come to a conclusion which would result in me attaining two additional coffee packets. Needless to say, the hunt was unsuccessful, never got my coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I thank you for the many kind words. Our hotel always appreciates the good and the bad comments so we can improve on our service. Yes our hotel is quite the destination for weddings because of the great location. We are centrally located with many restaurants in the area and a major mall right across the street. I am very sorry to hear our front desk did not know about the shuttle. We try and get all that information ahead of time from the bride and groom. Concerning the coffee for the rooms, they should of had that behind the front desk. I will definitely go over this with them. Our hotel loves having all of the out of town wedding guests stay with us and make that special day a reality. Thanks

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed first time in this hotel and was nicely surprised.
Hotel is located just opposite Montgomery Mall - which was handy for shopping or food! Attached to the hotel is Chilis which was great for evening dinners if you couldn't be bothered to drive anywhere else. You can access the restaurant through the hotel.
My room was very big, nicely decorated and clean. I definitely felt safe in there too. Bed very comfortable with crisp white sheets that smelled lovely too! Got fresh towels every day and room was spotless clean.
Front desk always welcoming with smiles, they also learned my name which is not easy so it was super nice to see them making effort saying goodmorning everyday!
I haven't had any food in the hotel restaurant so can't comment on that. Didn't use gym, swimming pool is there but in a size of rather big bath :)
Everything else was just perfect so I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words and comments. We always like to hear the good and bad so we can improve on our service. We take great pride in our service. Currently we are ranked 188 out of 825 Courtyards all around the world. Our hotel does have a great location centerly located to all restaurants and a major mall right across the street. The hotel also does have Chilis connected to the hotel and they also do room service to the rooms. We always want every guest to have a great stay with us so they come back again. I am very blessed as a manager to have such a great staff. Once again thank you for the comments.