“When No News Is Good News”

Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a typical Marriott Courtyard, no better and no worse than others in the chain. The front desk personnel were extremely pleasant, the shower worked perfectly, the wireless Internet was strong and free, the blackout curtains did their job well, the toiletries were average, the beds were comfortable, and breakfast was not included in the price of the room. No surprises and that’s a good thing. Two nearby culinary delights worth mentioning: Pumpernick’s Deli across the street with the best free pickle selection ever, and Ooka Japanese restaurant on the other side of the mall with some of the best sushi I’ve had in a long time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Our hotel is centrally located to everything. From a mall across the street to restaurants all around us. We also have Chili's attached to the hotel so they don't even have to go outside. They also deliver room service to the rooms.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a relative's wedding in the area. The front desk was very efficient with check in. They also helped us (and other guests) when the shuttle bus for the wedding left early and immediately was on the phone locating the driver. Breakfast was a good deal and just enough. Would definitely consider staying here again if needed.

Only con would be that the walls are very thin and we could hear other guests in the hallway with their children (not part of the wedding). It wasn't annoying enough to report to front desk, but still not the most appreciated when children were running up and down the hallways while their parents laughed-not a hotel issue, but rather a parenting issue. Only thing to be aware for future guests.

Overall, a great place to stay to crash overnight.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank courteliz2008

Our hotel prides itself on great service. We get a comment almost everyday how friendly our staff is. Thank you for those kind words and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed here for a family function. Conveniently located near a suburban Mall, which is across the street. This location is also very easy to get to from the highway. Rooms were basic, and relatively clean, but nothing special at all. Breakfast buffet was rather poor, with stale, hard breads, and understaffed.
We had the unfortunate incident of having an alarm go off at 6:00am in the unoccupied room next to us, but it took three phone calls to the front desk, and an hour and a half to have the issue resolved. That was totally unacceptable considering that the hotel was not heavily booked at the time. To be fair, the front desk staff did make adequate adjustments to our fees to compensate for the problem, without much hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

To whom it may concern first of all let me apologize because we always want everyone to have a great stay with us. So they come back again and stay with us. I am sorry to hear you had problems at breakfast and this is unacceptable. Also to hear an alarm clock went off next door and yes it should have not taken that long to shut off. I have already looked into both problems and resolved the issues. I hope on your next trip to Pa. you visit us again. If I can do anything else for you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located off the highway and across from the mall/outlets (if you're so inclined to shop)..but even if not, a nice area as a whole. The rooms were very clean, and love the high ceilings (make them feel even more spacious). The lights are really nice in the room- something I wouldn't normally comment on, but all the built-ins were really neat and provided great options in lighting. The gym was nice...and kept in good condition. Overall a great stay- two complaints, the hotel is not the cheapest per night- so possibly free breakfast vouchers, or at least buy one get one free?....it is not cheap to eat there.would have been $40+ for two adults, two children. Also, the pool..very frigid!!..have to turn it up when the weather is cold.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lovetotravel001_9
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This property meets all of my expectations of a Marriott Courtyard: Nice location, friendly staff, descent facility, pleasant common areas and clean, nicely furnished rooms.

The rooms are nicely designed with ample closet space and spacious bathrooms. The front desk staff provides a warm and friendly welcome. The property looks fairly modern from the exterior.

One definite plus: I favor taking the stairs over the elevator whenever feasible, and this hotel has open, well-lit and carpeted staircases on both of the "far ends" of the property, a definite plus for me!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here for a business trip in October 2011.

Location:
The location in Philadelphia suburbs is good if you are working or visiting anywhere within a 15 mile radius. Within that radius, it is easy to get around; outside that radius the traffic becomes too much and you are better off finding a different hotel. The Montgomery Mall is across the street and there are quite a few shops and restaurants within a mile or two. There is a Chili's right next door to the hotel and they provide room service within the hotel.

Hotel amenities:
The business center is small and located in the lobby of the hotel. The lobby has a few (maybe 5) tables for working inside and one table outside. Didn't visit the pool or workout room.

Breakfast:
G-r-o-s-s. This really needs to be improved. The cost of breakfast was included in my room price, so I ate there every day, but honestly would not have eaten there even one day if I had to pay for it because it just looked gross. Unfortunately, the taste lived up to the looks. Selections consisted only of very stale bread and bagels, fruit that was so-so, eggs that were inedible, very undercooked potatoes, and bacon and sausage (didn't have either of these). There is also a station for omelettes and cooked to order eggs. This was probably the best part of breakfast, but that is not saying much.

Rooms:
Upon first glance, I was really happy with the room. Lots of storage, nice desk area that expands into a larger desk, very roomy bathroom, and comfortable decor. However, upon closer examination, I found cleanliness problems with the room. The floor was not very clean, which gave me the creeps because it is pretty hard to see dirt and crumbs on hotel room floors when they are dark in color and patterned; nevertheless, I could clearly see dirt and crumbs. When I went to take a shower, I could see that the shower had better days. The grout and nooks and crannies in the shower were definitely showing their age. What really turned me though was when I saw mildew on the shower curtain. I can take dark grout and an aged shower, but really there is NO excuse for letting mildew grow on a shower curtain - replace it - it's really that simple. Put a shower curtain up and mark a calendar to replace in 3 months, that's it. This really turned me off to the whole hotel.

Mildew and all, I would probably stay here again only because there are not that many hotels in the area (and the few that I saw did not look so hot either) and it is a good location. Still, attention needs to be paid to the hotel upkeep. I've had disappointing stays with a few Marriott hotels lately, so this may need to be reinforced throughout the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2011

It was as if we were staying in a five start hotel. The front desk people, the management and the cleaning/maintenance staff, all had an air of service to them. I could see they were working long hours (we saw them morning and night) but they always had a warmth to them. They should be appreciated because my family, in size alone, worked them hard! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The dining room and outdoor patio were clean and well appointed. The food was what you could expect, not great, but not bad.

My only complaint would be some areas that were not taken care of. In our room, the tub surround had been poorly patched and the couch cushions needed to be replaced. Everything else was stellar.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: They have room in the back that face some wooded area. We enjoyed the quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!