Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
philadelphia
“So so!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Hotel was okay. Pool area clean but the hot tube was closed. The room is okay. We had a queen suite. The bedroom is separated from the living room where the pull out couch is. But for some reason they designed the room that everyone needs to cut through the bedroom to use the bathroom so there really is no privacy. We requested early check in and they honored that. The free breakfast buffet was about what you would expect at a hotel good enough to get the day started. There are 2 Restruants you can walk they are basically in the parking lot. And there is a shopping center right out front. Plenty of shopping in the area. there is also plenty of traffic. Nothing really bad to say about the hotel but nothing great either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thomas C, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We appreciate your honest and kind feedback on your recent stay with us.
Our product and location is what seperates us from the rest of the pack in the greater Montgomeryville area. We strive for excellence in guest satisfaction with every stay and look to exceed your expectations on all future visits to our property. Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us!

Thomas Cherundolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for one night in the Residence Inn Montgomeryville while running a faculty workshop at Gwynedd-Mercy College, which is nearby. My room was, as is typical for this chain, a large, L-shaped suite with a sitting area, desk and desk chair, kitchenette with full-size fridge, stove, microwave, and dishes, and an ample bathroom with outer sink/vanity area. The bed was *very* comfortable. The hotel offers free Internet, and there are many stores and restaurants within walking distance on both sides of the Bethlehem Turnpike. The breakfast area is pleasant, with about ten tables, and the free breakfast buffet was ample (eggs, sausage, muffins, fruit, cereal, hash browns, etc.). The rooms are not entirely soundproof--I heard some coughing from a room nearby--but the guests were quiet and I got a decent night's sleep. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient. In all, I would recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to stay in the area. Philly is about 30 miles away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third (highest) floor and you won't have sound coming from above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Residence Inn.
We take pride in being able to accomodate the extended stay traveler as well as a family who is in need of a second home. Our spacious suites are the perfect solution to any travelers needs.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Bologna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Slept there one night, i had an apartment, 2 bed rooms a sort of living room along with the kitchen.
It was really good, nice furnishing and perfect position, the receptionist was kind and helpful.
The breakfast was a tipical international breakfast which was perfect.
The price was fair enough.
Totaly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel!
We are all very happy to hear how satisfied you were and were able to fully experience what we have to offer. We hope to see you in the very near future and thank you again.

Alpharetta, GA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Steps away from restaurants, great location. Friendly staff, small pool perfect for kids. UNO, Olive Garden, chucke cheese, for families within a walk, and a ton of nearby restaurants within 10 minute drive.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank jonk73
Thomas C, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice feedback on your recent stay!
We absolutely agree that our location is key to attracting guest to our neck of the woods.
We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to see you again in the near future!

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Residence Inn is a nice, comfortable hotel located near a large mall and far enough off the highway to be reasonably quiet. It has ample parking and a friendly staff. My biggest negative about the place is that I was offered several rooms in different parts of the hotel and each of them seemed to have a problem with mechanical noise. The first room I was given overlooked machinery (that might have been the AC unit) and it would not have been possible for me to sleep there. The next room I was offered had a deep hum of some sort, and the third, a problem with noise in vents. The hum I heard in the second room was also in the fourth room, but at a level I though I could love with, so I stayed there.

The room otherwise was typical of a Residence Inn room. The bed was a little softer than I like, but others might like it. Lots of television channel options. The usual inexpensive closet racks and shower, extremely low-flow bathroom sink, and toiletries.

There was a serious defect in the floor of the room I stayed in: the carpet seen had come look and a sharp piece of metal was sticking out of the floor. I told the front desk about it and they took it quite seriously, and had it repaired within 1/2 an hour.

The internet was great. I did not eat at the breakfast that they serve so I cannot comment on that.

I know that the hotel is located in a historical area and there are several large companies nearby, but I still think it was extremely expensive for what it offered. I would not stay there again at the price I paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room without mechanical noise and make sure you don't settle for one that has no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas C, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
We want to thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.
We understand the importance of givng each guest a comfortable, relaxing, affortable and quiet room for each and every stay. Our staff is trained to accomodate any and all request thrown their way and respond quickly and efficiently to ensure guest satisfaction.

Thank you again!

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn on Rt. 309 for 4 nights in October. I had planned on staying at this hotel when traveling to my niece's 1st birthday party in the Mont Co area but then a fatal tragedy hit our family & we need to add some nights to our reservation. Our room rate was approximately $130 a night when I added the additional nights, our nightly rate including the original dates was jacked up to nearly $200 a night. After a somewhat difficult conversation with the manager, she was able to change the rate back to $130 +/- for each night of the stay. I am very grateful for the change but I wish someone had warned me to make "new" reservation to the additional night instead of "adding" the night to keep the same rate.

Also, I could not find on the hotel website that there was a pool. So, we left our swim suits at home. I wish I knew they had a pool because my husband and kids were at the hotel while I took care of family matters.

In general, this is a good hotel (better than Homewood Suites in Lansdale) to stay when traveling with family to due to proximity of restaurants, stores, easy access to Route 309. I would give it a "great" rating if the rooms were a little bit bigger and they provided luggage racks. There wasn't a lot of extra space for all of the stuff you need to bring when traveling with small children (i.e. pack & play).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas C, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel.
We appreciate any and all feedback especially the kind that will enable us to improve on
the product we provide to our customers.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We arrived very late on a Thursday evening to find, I had been chosen guest of the day which was heralded on the lobby marquee. So sad that I missed my day of fame, but my reward was to choose anything I wanted from the mini-store adjacent to the front desk. When I showed the amiable clerk that I had selected extra strength aspirin, she insisted that I also pick a treat for myself. So, Peanut M & Ms and aspirin were my Guest of the Day trophies.

Our room was clean and had a kitchen-living room and separate bed & bath. Our two teens slept on the sofa bed which was quite uncomfortable. Very thin mattress, not the best place to sleep for four nights, but teens can deal with it. Now, the real bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious enough and there was good water pressure.

The breakfast was served in the main living area off the lobby. It was quite an extensive self-service buffet. Fruit, oatmeal with choices of toppings, Belgian waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, bagels,yogurt etc...

We had relatives staying in the hotel and the living area was a comfortable place to meet with everyone and chat. Some of our party used the indoor pool and enjoyed it. Others used the small workout room each day and found it sufficient.

We had late nights and tended to sleep in each day until late morning which interfered with housekeeping. One of the days, after we left at one PM and returned late evening, we found our room had not been made up. Not really a big deal, just surprising.

The staff was unfailingly polite and helpful. The location was convenient to the main roads, shopping and restaurants.

We would stay here again. It is nice to have what is essentially an apartment for a few days stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Azlosc
Thomas C, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Montgomeryville.
We love to hear when a family is able to make it their home away from home and really start to relax and enjoy what we have to offer. Our bountiful breakfast buffet certainly enables our guest to fill up and get energized for their day. Our fitness center is perfect to carry out your daily routine. Our indoor pool and jacuzzi is a place where family and friends can come to wind down and and relax or just have fun.
I was sorry to hear that you missed our daily housekeeping service and we will work on improving in this area fo ryour next visit.

Thank you again for your kind words and for being guest at our home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!