“Hidden Gem!”

Joseph Ambler Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed June 11, 2006

My husband and I visited the Joseph Ambler Inn for a weekend get away and absolutely loved our whole experience! The gentleman who worked the front desk was exetremely warm and helpful. Our room was so quaint and charming and most importantly, it was very clean and well kept. That busy Saturday evening, we sat at the bar before our dinner reservation and had a great time talking to the bartender. He made us feel welcome and paid close attention to us even though we could see he was busy. We were welcomed by the Hostess who brought us to the table and took the time to go over the menu. Then we were greeted by our serever who made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. And last but not least...the food was SPECTACULAR!!! What an all around great experience! You are missing out on a great place if you do not visit the Joseph Ambler Inn.

Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed October 12, 2005

We stayed here while visiting relatives in the area and after an intended one night stay we booked three more nights, our only dissapointment was that they where fully booked for the rest of our stay. This was my partner and our sons first visit to the USA and after New York and Washington in 90 degree heat it was wonderful. We arrived near midnight to a great welcome, fabulous room with two huge beds and a large well equipped bathroom with bundles of soft white towels. When we asked for more for the morning, we found a basket full outside our door. The hotel is made up of several old stone buildings, some moved into the area, in original condition but with all mod cons. Our first night was in the Barn and we then had to change rooms but not only did we get a choice of rooms, we got to see them first! We picked one with a private sitting room with its own entrance from the garden (our son slept here on a very large sofa bed) leading upstairs to a beautiful room with a private balcony which then lead up to a huge bathroom in the loft. It was our own cottage except that the bathroom also lead out onto the top floor of the original building. All the rooms have oak floors and 'antique' furniture and 'period 'paintings. The staff are all fantasic and great fun. During our stay we shared the restaurant at breakfast (a real American one) with wedding parties and business people. We experienced a part of American life we would not have seen if we had stayed in the city. It was an amazing place and so cheap compared to New York. I will go back.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2005

After living in the area of the Joseph Ambler Inn for over 35 years, we decided to go there for Easter Brunch. It is a beautiful location and obviously a first rate establishment. I do have a culinary degree, so maybe I am a little more aware of some things. I was somewhat surprised when I ordered an omlette, at the buffet station, and after completely cooking the omlette, the onions were thrown on, raw. The amount of cheese used, could have been covered by a half dollar. It was turned out onto the plate. Did I mention that the chef used his hands. No utensils and no gloves. The rest of the buffet was nicely done and what I had to eat was very good. I just wonder what goes on in the kitchen, where we can't see what goes on!!! The price included brunch, a drink, tax & tip and came to a whopping $100. The service was, however, excellant. Not sure I would go there again, though.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed December 27, 2004

I couldn't have imagined the experience I had at the Joseph Ambler Inn. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, our experience was incredible. I was coming in to town to visit with my mother-in-law and we were told this was THE place to stay. To my surprise the staff, the food, the service, etc... was PERFECT!!! Can't wait until next Christmas!

2 Thank a3morgan
Reviewed June 2, 2004

My husband and I stayed here on a business trip in July 2003. The Inn was hailed as the premier lodging in the area. While the buildings and rooms were lovely, something was left to be desired: true hospitality I think. I do have to remember that I am from the South where a stay in an inn or bed and breakfast is treat and time of pampering. I have not found that to be the case in PA. At this inn, in particular, I was quite surprised by the rude response of the housekeeper when I asked for another towel. She wanted to know why I needed another towel and laughed at me. These ladies were gruff, loud and very noisy while at work even though there were guests who were resting and relaxing. The breakfast was very nice and the hostess was very pleasant to your face. I heard her in the hall way complaining where guests could hear about not getting good tips. Also, while we were enjoying a nice brunch outside, those same housekeeping ladies desided to sit at a table next to us, put up their feet and start smoking in the dining area!

The room was lovely, but for a "business hotel," you think you would find basic necessities such as a pen, note pad, phone book, etc. Again, it was nice, but the atmosphere sort of made you cock your head and wonder what you were missing. Next time, I'll just stay at the Hilton.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!