“Wedding of My Dreams”

Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Wedding of My Dreams”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I can’t even begin to describe how amazing my wedding experience was with the Joseph Ambler Inn from start to finish. When we first visited JAI, we immediately felt comfortable with the banquet manager, Wendy. Wendy explained everything thoroughly and answered our questions without rushing. Once we decided to have our wedding at JAI, this positive communication continued. Whenever we emailed Wendy with either a question or asking her to meet with us, she responded promptly. Throughout our year of wedding planning, Wendy met with us several times. Whenever we were there, we felt comfortable with not only Wendy, but the other staff as well. Throughout the year we also had a lot of communication with the hotel manager, Dan, who was very personable and easy to work with as well. He was great to work with to plan our guests’ overnight stays as well as our after party.

The day before our wedding, we dropped everything off to the JAI for the rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, ceremony, reception, and after party. In total, there were over 40 boxes. Without a problem, the JAI staff, including Meg, our wedding coordinator, was able to take everything out of those 40 boxes and set it up perfectly.

During our wedding, our guests raved about the atmosphere, service, and food. I heard comments over and over again such as, “I’ve been to a lot of weddings, and this is by far the best wedding food that I’ve ever had.” With the help of our wedding coordinator, Meg, the night ran seamlessly. Even at the end of the night when we went back to the Thomas Wilson house for our after party, snacks were already set out and drinks were already chilled in ice tubs.

Our wedding night and the night after our wedding we stayed in the Allman suite, which was beautiful. When we went to dinner the next night, we were treated like celebrities. Our wedding chef, Todd, even came out and talked with us for a while. It was the perfect ending to our wedding weekend.

Since our wedding, we have had at many, many guests tell us that they will be going back to JAI for dinner and even for a weekend getaway. One guest even went back two days later for lunch! My husband and I already booked reservations to stay there for our first anniversary, although I’m sure we’ll be back several times before that!

We are grateful for the impeccable service and quality that we received at the Joseph Ambler Inn for our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, after party, and post-wedding breakfast. As someone who worries about everything and needs to be in control, I can honestly say that I have never seen a venue handle things so perfectly. The Joseph Ambler Inn exceeded my expectations in every way and I can’t thank them enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicki W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This past weekend we celebrated our daughter and son-in-law's wedding at the JAI. Everything was on site from the rehearsal dinner, to the ceremony, the reception (and oh what a reception), the after-party, and our private breakfast the morning after. Our guests occupied half of the Inn.

We stopped checking other venues the day we toured the Inn and met with Wendi, the Banquet Manager. Her knowledge and professionalism were clearly evident. The planning stage could not have been smoother. Wendi gave expert advice, held the hand of our micro-managing daughter, and made her dream wedding a reality. As the wedding drew near and the stress level started to escalate, Wendi's experience and calming demeanor kept everyone grounded.

Dan, the Hotel Manager, along with his staff, made sure all of the rooms were in perfect order and handled every request from placing the gift bags in the rooms for our guests to setting up our after party. There was nothing we asked of them that they couldn't make happen. They were as eager to have our event go on without a hitch as we were.

We are still hearing from our guests that the food was the best wedding food they have ever had. It seemed like each dish was individually prepared as if you were sitting down for dinner in the restaurant. Todd, the Executive Chef and his staff, were all top shelf.

Thanks also to Eileen who oversaw the rehearsal dinner doing an outstanding job. And last, but certainly not least, our heartfelt gratitude to Meg who took us from the rehearsal right through the ceremony and the reception, assuring the Bride it would all go as she planned - and it did.

There is not one staff member we came in contact with, from Wendi, Dan, Todd, Eileen, and Meg, to the front desk staff, housekeepers, bartenders, wait staff, and even the grounds-keepers, who were not pleasant, professional, and eager to help.

We can honestly say this entire experience exceeded our daughter's dreams. We cannot possibly say enough to thank everyone at the Joseph Ambler Inn for one of the most memorable experiences of our lives.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Daniel H, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that the wedding weekend was a success and we are thrilled to be a part of the memories. Wish my personal best to happy couple and we look forward to hosting you in a few weeks for your anniversary.
Limerick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Beautiful grounds, amazing food, and beyond excellent service! Wendi was so helpful in providing prompt and impeccable service. The entire staff couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful as we dealt with a few last minute location changes due to weather. My guests still compliment on the food, service, and overall look and feel of the grounds!

• Stayed October 2013
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel staff, planning staff, and event coordinators/staff were top notch. Everything was perfect in how it was setup, the food was excellent and even during the pouring rain on the wedding day, they had staff members for us with umbrellas make sure we didn't get wet. We can't thank Wendi, Ryan Wunder, Meg, and Dan enough for their help and would strongly recommend them for a wedding, weekend away, or any event!

Room Tip: The John Roberts house has amazing rooms, all with jetted tubs and wonderful showers!
Grosmont, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a neat place to stay if in the locality.

When we arrived the two people on the desk both completely ignored us, so our welcoming was the worst part of the stay.

We stayed on a US Groupon deal that we bought on-line from the UK, so the value was good as you would expect.

The buildings themselves are of historic interest, and are worth seeing.

The main building does not have a lift, so the rooms on the top floor can be a trial to get to.

The rooms however had good and comfortable facilities, and helpful amenities.

Breakfast was sufficient for a good start to the day.

I probably will not be staying again, but recommend that you give it a try.

Room Tip: If carrying suitcases up stairs is not your forte, avoid the top floor of the barn.
1 Thank Cwyfan
East Hills, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I don’t usually comment online, but felt compelled to do so after my stay at the Joseph Ambler Inn. My girlfriend and I decided to visit some historic sites in southeast PA, and booked a room at the JAI. We knew we were somewhere special as soon as we pulled in the front entrance. The property and the houses were exquisite, like something saved from a time gone by. We had am exhausting drive to PA - you can imagine how nice it was to be greeted by Dan and Cathy at check-in and offered some coffee and cookies on-the-house. I don’t think in our travels we’ve ever met two more pleasant, more accommodating people. I personally felt like I was amongst friends. We stayed in the John Roberts House. Our room looked like something out of a movie, what with the sunlight shining through the wood shake blinds and the tree branches dancing just outside the windows. We thought the jacuzzi in the bedroom was a bit strange at first, but ended up using it, after all - so relaxing! The room was beautifully adorned and had a fresh aroma, while the bed was plush and lovely and the bathroom was spotless. We couldn’t have asked for more. I lost my wi-fi signal in the middle of the night (amidst an important project for work) and called the front desk. Cathy picked up on the first ring and had the Wi-Fi up and running in five minutes. Our breakfast seemed homemade, and I couldn’t believe how many hot dishes they offered - perfect for a cold morning! My girlfriend and I had a chance to reconnect in a way we hadn’t in a long while - Just strolling the property felt like walking through a friendly, little village. It felt almost magical. Our second night, we stopped into the pub for a quick nightcap. With the fireplace and the friendly staff, the ambiance was perfect. Our waitress, Peggy, made some outstanding recommendations for dessert, and we along with another [very friendly] couple at the table next to us, stuffed our faces. The drinks and dessert were superb, and our “quick nightcap” turned into an all-night affair filled with laughter. Great people, great accommodations, great memories at the Joseph Ambler Inn. I highly recommend a stay.

1 Thank Woodrow L
Daniel H, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Inn. We're so happy to hear about the special time you experienced with your loved one. We're sorry to hear about you losing Wi-Fi during the night but it should no longer be a problem as we now have top speed, updated Wi-Fi throughout the property.
And thank you again for your kind words regarding our staff. We're lucky to have such an amazing staff accompany our wonderful Inn. Come back and see us again soon!
Doyles
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed overnight at the Joseph Ambler Inn for our 10th anniversary and had an amazing experience. From the moment we checked in we felt welcomed by the staff and were blown away by how beautiful and well maintained the property was. The hotel manager Dan was very helpful in helping us make our room reservations and even arranged for dinner reservations in the restaurant for that evening at a table in a cozy room away from the business of the main dining room. The food was delicious and our server was knowledgeable and friendly. They even gave us a complimentary dessert because they knew it was our anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Joseph Ambler Inn and will definitely be back again. We recommend it to anyone who is looking to get away for a weekend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!