“Fabulous Venue for weddings, dinner, vacations”
Review of Joseph Ambler Inn

Joseph Ambler Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our son's wedding was at the Joseph Ambler Inn and we are from a different state,so our guests stayed there also. The food , the service at all parts of the inn, hotel, restaurant, banquet is impeccable. Nothing asked was questioned and done efficiently and pleasantly The food is fabulous. It's hard to review a place that does it all and give it 5 stars but here we are. If we could give them 10 stars we would.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Room Tip: One caveat, most rooms require stairs to get to them, so if needed ask for a first floor room. This...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Joseph Ambler Inn

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for a quiet weekend away and secured the Allman Suite. It was a lovely room for my wife and I and our 2 year old with plenty of space for his portable crib and for him to run around. We all loved the room and the private/separate room with pool/jacuzzi and waterfall. The bed and linens were very comfortable and the room was well appointed.

A great benefit for us was the wonderful onsite restaurant which meant we could use our mobile devices and WIFI as baby monitors and enjoy a great dining experience. It wasn't cheap but well worth it and we would thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Brian C, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

I wanted thank you for your post. As I have said before, I thank all of the positive and negative reviews, but I wanted to single out your response today because you mentioned the Allman Suite and spoke a little about the decor.

The Allman Suite was recently renovated to include a new bed frame, mattress, and linens. You were one of the first guests to be able to enjoy these new amenities. While the Queen bed that was previously in the room was very popular, I hope guests fall in love with the new King bed. We had had several requests to upgrade that room to a king and I am pleased to say your request has been granted.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! While I am a very devoted Philly team fan, I hope your Rangers do well also!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a romantic overnight stay and the Joseph Ambler Inn was a great choice. This stay was purchased on a groupon but the whirlpool tub was not available. I think it is limited supply. Our room was in the barn, right above the restaurant. It was a comfortable room, clean and nicely decorated. There was information on nearby places to go and the staff, each one, was welcoming. We didn't eat in the restaurant, we wish we had and if it was as amazing as previous reviewers said, I think this could change my review to five stars since it would be part of the experience. The included breakfast was good, 4 star level, the fireplace in the dining room provided warmth and atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My fiance and I have stayed at JAI twice now. Once last year, and then just recently this March. It is becoming our new tradition to get away for the weekend. Beginning with the helpful, polite, and cheerful employees, checking into the Inn only take a few moments, then we were directed to our room. We stayed in the Coreybeck in the Conrad House. The furniture was quaint and perfect for the room, the TV and photos on the wall could use an upgrade though. The bathroom was beautiful and the battery operated pillar candles are a nice touch. A formal room service would be amazing, because the food here is great! We ate in the dining room last time we stayed here, but opted for the Pub for this visit. The lobster roll is light, creamy, and delicious. After our meal, we found Keenan on the grounds who was interested in our stay, what brought us here, and if we needed anything to go to him directly. I love seeing a manager out on the grounds and even changing a light in the pub, instead of hiding out in an office. We awoke the next morning to a light snow falling and the grounds looked beautiful. We walked over breakfast, wish the breakfast was served a little later than 9am, as we both wanted to stay in bed a little longer. With a lot of options at breakfast, there is something for everyone. We were sad to leave, but after a quick checkout, and grabbing a couple of chocolate chip cookies for the road, we said in the car, "We'll see you next year!" and went home. Looking forward to going back next year, who know, maybe even sooner!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My fiance and I bought the Groupon and stayed at JAI in Feb. We are getting married here in June and wanted to get the feel of in the inn without all the craziness of the wedding. It was amazing. The room was so cute with a nice whirpool tub in the John Roberts house. Bed was very comfy. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was amazing! Afterwards, we hung out at the bar and had a great time!
I know JAI is working very hard to upgrade some of the rooms and I know they will be awesome. The staff is also amazing! (Keenan, Brian, Wendi) all go out of their way to make sure that everything is going to great for the wedding and I CANNOT WAIT to get married here so my friends and family can experience this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

In February, my wife and I stayed at the Inn and had dinner Saturday evening in the dining room.
The room was very cozy and the meal was excellent from start to finish. They offered a special for $39.00 which included salad, entree, and dessert. I had grouper and it was the best I ever had. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here overnight and was really impressed with the grounds, the buildings and ambiance. And you wouldnt think it was this pretty looking from the street. My only complaints were the confusion on reserving the room (which was corrected by Brian so many thanks for that) and that the room got really hot. They havent turned on the central airconditioning and since the weekend was mild, the room got hot quickly. They turned it down but we still had to open the windows. But the people were nice and the room was good and we had a good time. Breakfast was ample, and included in the price. And this place I think willl be a good place to have weddings - it really has a very peaceful and romantic vibe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Doylestown
Hampton Inn Doylestown
#2 of 2 in Warrington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!