Joseph Ambler Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Montgomeryville)
View Hotel
All reviewsgrounds are beautifulthe pubthe barncountry breakfastspa tubfood was amazingnext morningan overnight stayromantic getawayvalentine's daywonderful weddingcharming placemy fiancechecking inscallopslobster rollthis past weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at JAI on 2/2/13. I purchased the Groupon deal for a quick getaway to celebrate his birthday! The property is located off Horsham Road, but do not let this detur you! The grounds are well kept and beautiful. The historic feel is throughout JAI. On arrival we were greeted by the front desk staff. The staff is there to assist you with any needs that you have. If you do not reach out to them, how will they know you are in need? There is coffee and also cookies at the front desk location. We needed a bottle opener and the staff had it! We were quickly given a room key and provided with information. Our room was located within the Thomas Wilson House has its own private parking area. Our room was the Moore Suite...king size bed, fireplace, tv, large bathroom wtih jacuzzi tub and large shower. The suite was located on the first floor of the house. There was a small kitchenette room across the hall with ice/refrigerator/etc. The room was clean and amazing. The only thing we did not care for was the hair found in the jacuzzi tub (did not use it). The furniture accented the historical building. The room had a walkout onto a patio. The view was lovely...we had a light snowfall in the evening. It was perfect. The Thomas Wilson House has self-control room temperature...a must if you do not like it too hot or too cold in your room. Make sure you request this type of room or you may have one located in a building that is controlled in one location. The only downfall....the walls are thin, (which did not bother us)due to the house being older. The most noise came from walking thoughout the halls and up the stairs (wood flooring). We had no issues at all with sleeping or feeling disrupted by noise.

I made a dinner reservation when I booked the room. The dinner was phenomenal. The service excellent. I ate the sea bass which was delicious! From the moment we sat down until we left, the server was attentive. We had absolutely no complaints regarding the meal from the appetizer to the desserts. Fantastic!! You should treat yourself to fine dining once in awhile!!!

We woke up early and went to the dining area for breakfast. I am surprised by the negative remarks. The breakfast was wonderful!!!! The breakfast consisted of French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Fresh Cut Potatoes (Home Fries), sausage, bacon, assorted bagels, fresh fruits, homemade Scones, and cereal options....orange juice, water, coffee for beverages. The staff greeted us in the morning and again welcomed us. The food was presented well, hot, and the taste, delicious.

Overall, we had a lovely time at JAI. I cannot recommend it enough. The staff is accomodating and there to assist you. The food service and quality, excellent. JAI is a perfect place for an overnight getaway for local couples looking for some quiet time. I recommend dining at JAI. We reside 45 minutes from JAI and this was far enough away for us to have a nice, quiet retreat from every day life. It would be an ideal wedding location. I rate the property and overall experience a 5...overnight accomodations and dining are definitely a 5!

Shame on the reviewers that compared JAI to the Hampton Inn. We are frequent travelers and stay at the Hampton Inn several times a year with our children. There is no comparison. If you you are looking for a low cost, continental breakfast with microwaved food (eggs in a bag) then JAI is not for you. There is just no comparison. Recommend JAI!

Room Tip: Thomas Wilson House. The Moore Suite. The room temperature is self-controlled. The house is tucked back further on the property. It has private parking. Lovely suite with fireplace.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the inn many times over the past year on business. I was always put in the John Roberts house which I love!! I ended up coming 2 days early due to unexpected business. When I arrived I explained that I needed a room for 2 nights and that I realized that I was 2 days early. Jessica the girl at the front desk explained to me that the room I usually get is not available due to a whole house agreement and that there is a wedding taking place this weekend. She offered me a room in the corrybeck so I took it. Let me just say I loved it. Loved the fact that there are only 5 rooms in the house so the travel noise would be kept low. Keenan the in manager even took the time to walk over with me to let me pick out which room I wanted to stay in since they where all available that weekend. After I picked room 111 I had help with my bags and was told that on my original date to move to the John Roberts they would move my luggage for me. Needless to say I stayed at the corrybeck my whole visit and got to enjoy watching a beautiful wedding. The food was great, housekeeping made sure I had clean towels and sheets and the staff very polite as always. Downfall I couldn't take Shadow the in cat back to room for normal and understandable reason, but she did keep me company during the warm fall week. Now I am planning to have my own wedding there with the help of Wendy and Teg!!

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My fiancee and I have stayed at the Inn a few times, usually in the Farm House, which we love. However, this time we stayed in the Corybeck, room 111 to be exact.
The room was cozy and warm, and very clean. My only complaint is extremely soft pillows, I like mine firm. The hot tub was wonderful. The property is beautiful! Although located on a busy road, it sets back far enough, that traffic noise is not an issue. The buildings stay true to form with antiques decor.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The buffet style, complimentary, hot breakfast was simply delicious! They had everything from eggs and bacon, to bagels and cereal. While there sren't coffee pots in the rooms, there is a Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee in the office. The office also has complimentary water and soda, just ask.
My fiancee and I are planning on booking our wedding here, and can't wait to do so! GOOD JOB JAI!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Jkelly318
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After reading some of the other raving reviews, I can only guess that we got the WORST room at the Inn. We stayed in the Corybeck house Room 111. The room was cold and even though the heat was turned up when we asked, there was a constant draft around the door that went out to the porch, which was just a couple of feet from the bed. The entire top hem of the top sheet on the bed was frayed and ripped! Comforter & pillows were old and worn. A housekeeper was sent to change the sheet, and those were so wrinkled it was ridiculous! The only covering for the windows were thin mini blinds and with the room being on the first floor I am sure that everyone who walked the path got a nice silhouette view of us. I felt very exposed! We decided to go out for the evening because we were not comfortable there; one wing-backed chair and one wooden chair at desk did not make for a cozy seating for a couple. No ammenities; coffee pots are in the cheapest hotels; doesn't make sense. I thought the hot tub would make it all worthwhile, but when we returned after dinner and a movie, thinking we would enjoy a nice hot bath....there was NO HOT WATER!! Called front desk..said to wait 1/2 hr and try again. By then, my husband had decided to go to bed to get warm and a nice get-away for us was ruined. Can't fail to mention that the people above us were talking, walking, and who knows what else until almost midnight. Old house=thin walls! My husband told the desk clerk the next day of our dissatisfaction. She promised to pass it on to her superiors. It's been a week and we have not received an apology or compensation for our disastrous stay. It was definitely NOT worth the 2-hr drive to get there.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Corybeck House. Maybe one of the larger houses is nicer.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bgeagleway
Brian C, Guest Relations Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

I certainly do want to apologize for the issues that you had stated in your review. As you mentioned, we've had several positive reviews over the last few months, so I hope you will take me on my word that this is not a common occurrence. We are currently undergoing renovations to some of our rooms and weeding out any tired or worn pillow and linens. I can actually say too on a personal note, that I have had family members who've stayed in that room and enjoyed it very much.

As for the hot water, there's really not much we can do to fix that. When a guest lets us know that there is a problem, we have to reset the hot water heater. How long it takes to reset and and start circulating hot water again is out of our control.

We choose not to provide an in-room coffee maker because they have the potential to be spilled (staining carpets), burn guests, and can spread germs. In lieu of the in-room coffee maker, the Inn had purchased a Kuerig machine last summer so guests can have a coffee of their choosing 24/7. While I realize it does involve walking to the front desk, it is still a round-the-clock amenity worth mentioning.

I will make sure that I discuss your other concerns with the Inn's owner. While we are doing renovations, we may have some time and capital to make that room more acceptable for you.

I know that you have not yet received any other apology about your last stay, but if you would like to contact me directly, I would be more than happy to go over any other concerns that you may have. I would also be willing to work with you if you'd like to give us another shot at that getaway. I will personally choose a room that might be more suitable for you. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. My name is Brian.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I spent an overnight stay at the Inn on December 1st. The Inn was very inviting. Decorations were beautiful. The reception was very welcoming. Dinner was set up in a private dining room for our group of ten. Food was excellent, service friendly. Our room was cozy and comfortable. We would definitely recommend the Inn and look forward to returning. Thanks again to Keenan for all your help.
Ed and Dot McBlain