“We totally loved our stay at The Joseph Ambler Inn!!!!!”
Review of Joseph Ambler Inn

Joseph Ambler Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I would deff go back it was clean, beautiful and breakfast was great..We stayed after my
son's wedding and had a blast....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Joseph Ambler Inn

Reviewed August 15, 2011

When we were looking for a place to host our wedding this was actually the last place that we wanted our wedding but the staff there is WONDERFUL! Wendi is the event planner/coordinator and she completely made us feel so welcomed and wanted even though we were planning a smaller wedding which so many other venues did not have much interest in. If you are looking for a place to have a wedding small or medium or large they will make you feel at home and best of all you can do EVERYTHING there from the rehearsal then dinner to getting ready in the bridal room to wedding and honeymoon. Best of all the food was wonderful, cake was yummy and if we had a blizzard everyone at the wedding could have stayed there. They have something like 50 rooms. The only drawback was that we thought we picked a weekend where there would not be a lot going on but they had so much happening but when we got the wedding going we didn't even notice.

Room Tip: check out the rooms on line the pictures are accurate and you can really tell what each room offers
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We first came to the Joseph Ambler Inn in October 2001 for our wedding. The property has fewer rooms at the time and we were able to have nearly every room on the property for our guests. The rooms in the Thomas Wilson House were among our favorites and we spent our wedding night in the Allman Suite. The property is beautiful, the staff thoughtful and an easy get away from the city. We've returned to dine and stay with them in the last year and really enjoyed how seamless the "new" old buildings have been added to the property. We stayed in a suite in the John Roberts House and thought it was very nice.

The overall feeling of the exterior of the property is very personal and unlike other B&Bs we've been too. The rooms are very nice and clean, but are fairly neutral almost corporate hotel like in their finishes. The in-room bathtubs or spas are always a bit odd in my book, so look carefully when picking a room.

The bedding is very comfortable, but the towels could be fluffier and larger (be sure to ask for a few extra at check in). Dinner and breakfast are great. Definitely look at their packages that include food the rates for dining seem to be best when linked to the room.

This is a place to go and get away, not really to use as a base for exploring the area. Perfect weekend retreat for two or a group.

Room Tip: The Thomas Wilson House has the best suites.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I have dined at the Joseph Ambler Inn many times, and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone. It also appears to be a lovely place to have a wedding and reception. But, I stayed in two King rooms and was very disappointed. The first was on the third floor in what was originally the attic. The bed was comfortable, and the Bathroom was clean, but the A-frame ceilings make you feel claustrophobic. Not sure how you would bring substantial luggage around the tight corners on the tiny staircase leading to the third floor. The second night, I requested a different room, and the woman at reception, who was very nice, obliged. The first room was disgusting. Sheets that were seemingly used, and pillows that were stained. It was so revolting that she moved me immediately to a room accross the hall. If you could get past the carpet, which very badly needs a major deep cleaning, the walls in very bad need of a coat of paint, and the dresser mirror, which could not have been cleaned since the summer began, you will be pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the bathroom. The tv's are inadequate. I know many would suggest that this should be of no concern in a B&B, but this is the 21st Century, after all, and many of the guests are corporate. The free full breakfast and free wifi is a terrific benefit, and overall the stay was not terrible. I like clean rooms, and the Jos Ambler Inn disappointed mightily in this case.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank annuitize
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I were just married at Joseph Ambler Inn on July 16th, 2011. Every single staff member we spoke to was friendly, courteous, and attentive to our needs. The Event Coordinator, Wendy, was so helpful with all of my questions in the wedding planning process. Our day-of coordinator, Carol, was fabulous and made sure that everything went very smoothly. The property is gorgeous! Even though it is on a busy road, you cannot hear or see much traffic from the restaurant, rooms, or patio.

The food at the cocktail hour and reception was the best! Most of my guests had clean plates and we have received many compliments about how delicious everything was that day. The staff was even able to accommodate two vegan meals and a gluten free meal.

I stayed in a room with my bridesmaids the night before the wedding and with my new husband on our wedding night, and the accommodations were great. The rooms are old style, but modernized. We got married at 11:30 AM, so we had to begin getting ready at 6! The kitchen and reception staff were able to box up breakfast for us on the morning of the wedding so that we could eat in our room for no extra charge. On the day after the wedding, the included breakfast provided at the restaurant was tasty.

Joseph Ambler Inn really made it very easy to plan our wedding and was a great value for the price. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. We will definitely be back in the future, probably to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: Call and ask for whatever you need, they will try very hard to accommodate your request!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We got married at the Joseph Ambler Inn in May, 2011. The grounds are so beautiful, the staff is amazing, the food is excellent and the rooms are great! I would recommend Joseph Ambler to anyone looking for somewhere to get married, having a 5 star quality meal or looking for a nice place to stay for the weekend. We will definitely return as future customers!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My son was married on July 2 in a nearby town and we had friends and family from Massachusetts to Virginia to Memphis all converge on the Joseph Ambler Inn. We filled one whole house, and had a number of rooms in other buildings on the property. (My "value" rating is based on the fact that we had a good group rate.) The grounds were so beautiful and restful, and many of us sat out on the restaurant's patio for hours, day and night. We had the rehearsal dinner there and were pleased with the food, and loved having cocktails on the patio. Several in our group ate dinner in the restaurant and said that the food there was delicious. The morning breakfast was fine, and the day-after-the wedding breakfast was very good. The rooms had the appeal of an old-time inn, with many modern amenities - each room was different, some a bit quirky! Many (most) of the guests were family and friends on our side, and we had a wide range of ages represented. I had the task of making sure that each room was suited to its occupants - something that I would not have even thought about doing until I was contacted by Keenan, the Inn Manager. He and I talked and emailed many times over a couple of months and when we arrived he sat down with me and went over every room and every guest! We had some elderly folks - he personally lowered some of the beds for them! Everyone on the staff was wonderful to us, and went out of their way to make us all comfortable. If some things did not deserve an "excellent" rating at first, someone was there to help fix it! We could not have been happier, and we felt like we were leaving friends as we drove away on Monday.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are accessible by stairs only. Tell them your needs and they will jump through ho...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Doylestown
Hampton Inn Doylestown
#2 of 2 in Warrington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!