“A wonderful wedding was enjoyed by all”
Review of Joseph Ambler Inn

Joseph Ambler Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
Sparta, New Jersey
“A wonderful wedding was enjoyed by all”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My daughter’s wedding arrangements were simply fantastic with about 20 family members & bridal party staying at the Joseph Amber Inn in PA on Friday night for the rehearsal dinner and 90 guests Saturday for the ceremony. I had a total of 42 room and ~78 of the 90 stayed the night for a send off breakfast Sunday morning. All of the family, friends and in-laws were extremely happy with the accommodations.
The grounds are simply beautiful. The staff was competent, friendly and did everything possible to assure a truly joyous occasion.
Bob Corbo
Father of the Bride

Room Tip: Just ask the staff for any requests or preferences
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband and I just had our wedding at the Joseph Ambler Inn on Saturday, April 30, 2011. We truly could not have asked for anything more! The planning was so easy and the staff, especially Wendi, were beyond helpful and attentive. The intimacy and privacy of our event made the day that much more special and beatiful. The grounds are impeciable, the food was absolutely delicious and the service was top-notch. Every guest commented on how amazing the wedding was and most said it was the best wedding they have ever attended!!! The staff at the Joseph Ambler Inn are extremenly attentive to all needs and truly know how to run an event. I highly recommend this beautiful location for your wedding!!!

Room Tip: The Allman Room was the perfect newlywed suite!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I dont normally spend the time to write reviews but we had such a nice experience at the Joseph Ambler Inn that I wanted to do something nice for them. To start, when I made my reservation I had a gift certificate set to expire. The manager happily allowed us to pick a date AFTER the expiration date so that we could reserve a bigger suite (we travel with a toddler and need space:) Then they let us check in 3 hours early.

We did eat dinner at the restaurant and had another great experience. Its a little fancy for a toddler but our waiter, Kevin, was super nice and brought over some crackers and fruit for her which settled her down. We had a great meal (the prix fixed menu is a deal at $35) and terrific hot complimentary breakfast the following morning.

People were kind and it made the whole experience really nice and easy. Thank you!

Room Tip: I asked for the bigger suite - which has 2 rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
PA
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I got married at JAI in 2008, and ever since then, my husband and I return at least once every other month for a stay, and we live literally 5 minutes away! I can't say enough great things about Wendy, who took over our wedding coordination upon the passing of our original planner. She was with me every step of the way right until the moment I was set to walk down the aisle of the outdoor patio (lovely!) with tears ruining my makeup :) The food was delicious, service was great, and the LONE complaint I have is that I have one wedding photo of my husband and I dancing our first dance and some dunce of a waitress is walking right across the dance floor as we do so. But even that couldn't take away from our overall experience. Each time I come I get excellent service, and there have even been times when the front desk staff has made deliveries to my room for things like extra napkins, food, cutlery, or even a bottle of water. These guys go above and beyond, and they are very flexible with their pricing, if you'd only ask, and you have a valid reason for asking. I stayed this winter and was caught in a snowstorm. They were willing to discount my room rate seeing as how my family was occupying about one of less than 10 rooms during the storm, and we traveled in the storm to get there (that 5 minutes away was more like an hour in that mess. It was super bad, but I refused to give up my reservation.) The rooms are very nice, spacious and relaxing and if you want to be switched to another (as I did once to get a whirlpool tub), again...just ASK. Why is that so hard for some people to consider? You'd pay hundreds of dollars and complain the entire time, rather than ASK up front for the costumer service your dollars have afforded you. JAI has truly become my home away from home, and that's how I feel when I stay. All in all, I LOVE THIS PLACE! If you had a bad experience, give it a try again. I'm sure your mind will be changed, and I hope you're not one of those people whining over nothing anyway. Did I read something about "questionable tile work around the bathtub?" Dude...please.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a wedding. Beautiful area for pictures, really breath taking. Loved it! Very close to my house, yet I felt like I was on such a vacation!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My husband and I were just married at the Joseph Ambler Inn, and I cannot say enough about the place. Literally EVERY guest commented to me about how wonderful the food was and how terrific the staff was, and how beautiful the rooms were. Their staff was amazing. The coordinator even helped tie my husband's tie. I would recommend the Joseph Ambler not only for events, but also for a romantic getaway in the country. We'll definitely be back again and again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I cannot stress enough how gracious and competent the JAI team was in planning my daughters wedding! In addition to all the help - the food was phenomenal!! If you are considering at this venue you could do no wrong.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Hampton Inn Doylestown
Hampton Inn Doylestown
#2 of 2 in Warrington

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!