“Variety Plus”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Jill & John, the owners, have a great understanding & lots of experience, with providing what patrons want in a restaurant. Breakfast & lunch are available all day, which is especially nice if you decide you want an omelette for dinner. They also are very civic & charity minded. What I particularly like, is that they use local food from local growers. The coffee is outstanding, a local company. The menu is extremely varied. Their use of seasonal products is amazing, from their pumpkin gnocchi, to the Christmas bread pudding. They have an excellent reward card, which costs nothing, but points accrue quickly, resulting in dollars deducted from your check! Always clean, staff friendly, & daily specials, in addition to their regular four page menu.

1  Thank jeveloff369
John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hi Folks,

You are much too kind! It's always our pleasure to see you whether it be for Sunday morning breakfast or the occasional weekday!

Thank you again for the kind words and for the great conversation whenever you drop by.

Have a Happy New Year and Jill and i look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

So many reasons we love the Met! The food is always delicious, the large menu offers many choices (lots of gluten free options clearly marked!), the wait staff (esp Nikki) are friendly and helpful! Just an overall great place!

John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Hi Smige,

Thanks for being such a loyal fan of the Metro and for taking the time to write an awesome review!

I completely agree with you about Nikki, sh is great.

I'm very glad you've enjoyed your visits with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My friend treated me last night for my birthday by taking me to The Metropolitan. The atmosphere was nice and the food was very good! I had the Stir Fry with chicken and really enjoyed it. My friend had the penne pasta dish and also liked her choice.
One thing that was somewhat annoying was that the waitress was too present. Whether she was trying to clear us out to get another customer or that she just didn't have the experience, we felt rushed.
Overall, we both had an enjoyable time and enjoyed our respective dishes. I would definitely go back and take my husband.

John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Hi Wisfamily77,

Thank you so much for dining with us the other night and thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!

I'm very glad you enjoyed yourselves and I will make a note to speak the my staff that worked this past Friday regarding too much hovering at the table. I completely agree with you that this usually leads to a feeling of being rushed rather than attentive service.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you and your husband dine with again again very soon.

Best regards,

John Gabriel

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped for lunch today. This is a very nice casual restaurant. The menu is very broad so there should be something for anyone.

I had herb crusted salmon with balsamic vinegar sauce, very tasty. The lunch sized portion was just right. My wife had a chicken-bacon-avocado sandwich, which would have been large for a man's meal... she took half home.

There's a basic, moderately priced wine list . Service was friendly and attentive.

A tip... don't be scared away when the parking lot looks too full.... there's more seating inside then there are parking spaces in the small upper lot.

Hi David,

Thanks for the wonderful review and for dining with us this past Friday afternoon.

I really appreciate the thoroughness of your review, providing a great tip on the parking on the end! You're quite correct that sometimes the parking lot appears so full that is dissuades some guests from stopping in.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meals and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best regards,

John Gabriel

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant is in a shopping center. The food was fantastic! I brought 3 children under 10 and they ate all their food. And mine was great. Prices very reasonable.

John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hi Melanie,

I can't thank you enough for stopping by this past weekend and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I was particularly glad to hear that your kids enjoyed their food. Having a young toddler myself, I know the feeling!

I hope your travels will bring you back again soon.

John

Been to The Metropolitan? Share your experiences!