“I Feel Had”

Add it.
Le Gourmet European Bistro
Cuisines: European
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our group of six like to dine at local byo restaurants. The byo feature keeps the tab down and enables us to bring wines that we enjoy. We heard about a restaurant in North Wales that we hadn't tried and it had all of our earmarks, Italian/Mediterranean menu and byo in a lovely location. The owner was most personable and enjoyed stopping to talk with us, this may also have been because the place was 3/4 empty on a Friday night. That should have been our first clue. We ordered a couple of appetizers to share and then main courses, all of which were priced in the $22.00 range. So you can imagine our astonishment when the order of Lobster Ravioli arrived - all four of them! That is approximately $5.50 per. One of our party ordered a "Special", this was Salmon with shrimp and crabmeat. However, the steep price of $30. was left off the recitation. The Shrimp Scampi dish contained only 3 shrimp. And so on. We thought we had discovered a new restaurant to add to our local repertoire, but all of us left feeling like we had been fleeced. Charming owner aside, this would have been a much better experience had the prices of the "Specials" been given along with the recitation and the prices on the menu match what was actually served.

1  Thank flacucha612
There are newer reviews for Le Gourmet European Bistro

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Met some friends here on a Saturday and 3 of us enjoyed the nutella french toast made with brioche bread. Absolutely delicious! I had a cappuccino too which was lovely. My husband ordered an omlette that came with delicious potatoes. Our server (who I think was also the owner) was kind and attentive. The whole time I truly did feel like I was in a restaurant in Spain or Italy. What a treat!