“Wow”

Ranked #1 of 3 North East B&B and Inns
Concord, Ohio
“Wow”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Grape Arbor in early July of 2010. We wanted to get away for our five year anniversary. We stayed in the Cabernet Suite and loved it. The room was very nice and the bathroom excellent. We went to the Cherry Festival across the street, to the beach at Presque Isle,and visited Wineries. We had a very nice time and are very glad we stayed at the Grape Arbor. However, hands down, our favorite thing about our stay at this bed and breakfast was the BREAKFASTS. Wow, they were amazing! Everything was homemade and delicious. I cannot wait to return just to having such amazing food and such nice service:)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Instead of a staying at a generic hotel chain, my wife and I decided to stay at the Grape Arbor B&B. We stayed in the Chancellor Suite, which was very nicely decorated and large. We found the freshly made cookies to be a nice touch and the breakfast was very good. Although I typically don't write reviews, I did want to assure everyone that you cannot hear a train unless you have bionic hearing. I once faintly heard a train in the distance while in the bathroom, but the last time I checked, most people don't sleep in the bathroom. If you're deciding between a generic hotel like a Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, etc., stay at the Grape Arbor. It's a better price, better room and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Visiting Erie, the vast PA and NY wine country, or even a short trip to spectacular Niagara Falls, you must stay at the Grape Arbor in North East, PA. This is simply the best in every category for a romantic vacation.
Dave and his wife, Peg, treat you to a facility that includes two classic buildings with a fabulous history. Each of our three stays have included a fantastic room, with the last one the very best; fireplace, three rooms, jacuzzi, classic pieces of useful furniture. There was an overall sense of romance in the room.
A four-course breakfast awaits you each morning. These breakfasts are unbelievable and memorable: everything is homemade and a feast that will cause you to stop and savor each piece. These are not your usual breakfasts; you will taste and love exceptional foods. Peg is a master of creating a breakfast that you will not forget.
The Grape Arbor is the number one B&B in my book.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Ontario
Reviewed April 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Grape Arbor for the weekend and loved it. We were in the main house in the Isabella Room. The property is lovely with several common rooms for our use. There are so many little things that are here to make your stay special - several choices of coffee and tea, a little fridge with pop, juice and bottled water, movies, board games, books, puzzles, not to mention the famous jar of chocolate chip cookies. The innkeepers are very attentive without hovering. We had a great breakfast both mornings with choices of cheese souffle and buttermilk pancakes on the first day and between roasted vegetable frittata and blueberry stuffed french toast the second morning. Along with this was a fruit course, homemade bread, muffins and rolls. We would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I really don't want to write a bad review but there are things here that need to be addressed.

First, the good things about Grape Arbor: There are 2 buildings that house the guest rooms. They are gorgeous! The main house is something to see! Every room - down to every last detail is beautiful. Breakfast in the porch of the main house was very good. We stayed in the Chancellor Suite in the next house. We had the entire first floor. The room was not as big as I expected but it was nice and clean. The bathroom was huge but it only had a shower.

Here are the negatives: The Chancellor Suite can accomadate up to 4 people it says on their website. The bedroom has a very beautiful bed for 2 BUT the other bed is a pull out couch in the living room. This pull out couch is the most uncomfortable thing on the earth! There was a metal bar in the middle that ran along my spine all night. I did not sleep the entire night!!!!!!!! Another reason that I did not sleep the entire night was because of the TRAINS! A train whistle can be heard every 5-8 minutes! The trains run all night long. I had a pillow over my head the entire night but did not help in the least. I am not even sure if ear plugs would even help. Around 4:30am the guest upstairs decided to come home and watch TV as loud as he could. He then took a bath around 5:15 am.

North East, Pa has nothing to do! There are no good restaurants. Only bars and pizza places. The only thing going for North East is the Boston Bean Coffee shop and The Chocolate shop.

I am sorry but I could not recommend this Inn. You will not get a good night sleep if you stay here. The Inn is also on a main road which trucks and cars are speeding by all day and night long.

• Liked — The 2 Guest houses are beautifully maintained
  • Disliked — Noise from trains, cars, trucks and other guests.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Micheller0405
Georgia
Reviewed November 11, 2007

We stayed at Grape Arbor on the way back from Finger Lakes. Our suite, The Chancellor Suite, was in the Hampson Home next to the main house. We had a huge suite with an even bigger bath suite all according to the discription on the website. The rooms were well-appointed (sorry, my hotel background) and very clean. Breakfast was hosted in the main house with small tables lining a narrow room conducive to either private conversation or group exchange. Our innkeeper, Peggy, kept everyone involved. We asked for smaller portions, not a problem for Peggy. Overall, we would love to find another gem. Brenda

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank Brenda K
wynne, ar
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Wonderful hostess. Great cook.. 5 star breakfast and the world's best chocolate chip cookies. Vintage rooms that are romantic and North East is a beautiful little town.

Stayed January 2007
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#7 of 38 in Erie
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie

Been to Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!