“anniversery weekend”

Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 North East B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Mywifeandi jusjust returned from a weekend get away for our 18th anniversary. This place was very nice, very comfortable place to stay. Staff we met was Paul, he was fantastic, a pleasure to interact with. I highly recommend this place for a quite get away, also being in PA wine country is great as well. We toured the local wineries and borough wine home. Overall a great weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cliff G

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My stay at the Grape Arbor was worth every penny! The Inn is beautiful yet homey, which is exactly what I was hoping for. My room was small but both comfortable and inviting. I got one of the best nights sleep and was awakened by wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. If you like a great breakfast, this is the Inn for you! It was amazing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Classic B&B outfitted with very nice furnishings, in a word charming. Stayed in the Isabella room and selected it because it had a bath tub, where the other rooms only offered showers. Unfortunately for some reason the tub did not get any hot water, so we had to use the shower in another room (we were the only ones staying there).

Was there for two breakfasts and found the meals to be excellent.

Only real knock and not much the inn keeper can do is that all through the night you could hear trains rolling through and blowing their whistles. I think the train tracks are about two blocks away but for whatever reason they sounded right next door on the nights that we were there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PghDave
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I decided last minute to buy a Groupon and take a weekend vacation when we stumbled upon the Gr I upon for Grape Arbor B&B. Neither of us had ever been to a bed and breakfast before and we were nervous because we were unsure of proper bed and breakfast etiquette. Upon arrival, Peggy graciously welcomed us and gave us a tour of the place before showing us to our suite. The suite was HUGE! Far bigger than we expected. We stayed in the Merlot Suite. According to the website, it was recently renovated. It was clean and the colors were perfect for the theme of the room. As a part of the Groupon, my husband and I, along with another couple staying at the B&B, were given a homemade appitizer with cider and wine, along with a wine and chocolate pairing. The appetizer was out of this world delicious! The wine and chocolate pairing was wonderful and gave us all a chance to get to know each other.

The breakfast deserves its own paragraph. Peggy made the best food I have ever had in my life. Hands down! Our first morning we had an inside out pumpkin muffin with a cream cheese filling, fruit salad, apple cinnamon oatmeal bread, and a cheese soufflé with bacon. All homemade (including the bacon!). The second morning we had a cranberry streusel coffee cake, vanilla roasted plums, popovers, and a ham, cheese and potato frittata. Again, all homemade. My husband is a very picky eater and I was nervous about the frittata because it contained onions and peppers which he would normally never eat... he inhaled it! He absolutely loved all of it. I would drive 2 hours everyday for this breakfast!

My only "complaint", which isn't exactly a complaint, nor is it a fault of Peggy or the B&B is that the town is very small and there was not much to do locally. Erie is only 20 minutes away, so we traveled there for dinner and shopping a couple of times. I can't wait to come back again to visit (and eat!!!)!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a three night stay at the Grape Arbor B&B. Our room was really comfortable and Peggy provided a wonderful experience. Peggy's breakfasts were something we looked forward to each day and her cooking skills are amazing. We had no idea about the area around the town of North East but were pleasantly surprised with the many grape vines and the beautiful drives through the country. If you are driving around the vineyards, we can recommend the restaurant Dano's Heuriger On Seneca for lunch, which serves Austrian cuisine and has a lovely view. We can highly recommend the Grape Arbor B&B but would also add to other comments that although there is an issue with train noise at night it did not affect our stay in any way. Many thanks to Peggy for making our stay such a personal experience and one we will remember for a long time.
Helen and Greg, Sydney, Australia.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HelentSydney
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our stay at the Grape Arbor was very pleasant. Innkeeper Peggy was gracious & helpful. Her breakfasts were delicious! By far the best meals we had during our entire stay in North East! Having top quality coffee available at all times right outside our room was a great bonus. Our room was clean & thoughtfully decorated, as was this entire historic house. The bed was comfortable & the electric fireplace in our room provided plenty of heat. This B&B is located in the center of the town of North East - so just expect to hear the railroad all night! But the afordability of the Grape Arbor is a good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank welovene
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We recently enjoyed a 2 night stay at the Grape Arbor B&B. My husband's skepticism was immediately dismissed by the warm welcome received from "Paul". His professionalism and attention to detail was immediately realized. The presence of nearby trains was quite evident, as mentioned in many other reviews. However being very different from what we are used to, living in a rural area, I found it somewhat enjoyable and mystical. We stayed in the Cabernet Suite and found it to be clean and spacious. The continuous supply of (delicious) cookies and beverages in the main house AND beverages in our room were convenient and appreciated. The breakfasts??? ...Absolutely magnificent!! These were "gourmet" breakfasts - tasty, lovely presentation and definitely satisfying! The garden room we sat in allowed us privacy, having our own table for two, but also allowed us to become acquainted with the other guests. I was pleased to discover that the syrup/honey dispenser used at our breakfast(s) (quite a handy gadget!) was available to purchase. We also purchased Grape Arbor wine glasses as souvenirs - however I found those to be quite pricey compared to the one available from the local wineries. Once again - Paul was very helpful with offering suggestions for restaurants as well as "must visit" wineries. Touring the local wineries was fun, enjoyable and informative. I was surprised with the variety - no two are the same. We did find that some wineries and businesses close mid-week, however we still found plenty to do during our 2 night stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
The Inn at the Peak
#1 of 1 in Clymer
Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Lakeview on the Lake

Been to Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!