“Perfect weekend getaway!”

Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 North East B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Neither my fiancee' or myself had ever had the pleasure of staying at a bed and breakfast so I was more than excited for our stay after purchasing this deal through Living Social. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!!! Breakfast was filling and very delicious each morning. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Owner and staff were excellent, no complaints at ALL! We had the pleasure of meeting the mayor of North East, PA at a local bar and even he had nothing but great things to say about Grape Arbor!!! Loved this experience and will be returning soon with friends! Perfect place to stay in wine country.

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Grape Arbor B & B is really a lovely place, which is too bad, because our experience with the innkeeper was so negative that I would not recommend this B & B to anyone. We had a long drive to the B & B and I called on our way to inform the innkeeper, Peggy, of our arrival and to ask about the check-in process. Peggy basically chewed me out on the phone, informing me that she had already told me the check-in times and that she wouldn't be available at the time we would arrive. I was extremely apologetic, and I take total responsibility for neglecting to call in advance. I would certainly expect some annoyance, but Peggy was patently aggressive. I offered to have a family member check in for us during the prescribed check-in hours, which she refused. I spent the next three hours dreading our arrival to the B & B.
Our room was lovely, and we enjoyed the house and the amenities (coffee machines, excellent Wi-Fi). However, we left the "do not disturb" sign on our door and it was ignored twice (once while I was in the shower, when the cleaning woman came in and began to strip the bed!) We only ate breakfast one day during our stay, and we found the food and service mediocre at best. We definitely won't be returning!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enjoy_period60
peghauser, Owner at Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

The staff at Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast strives to meet the needs of all of their wonderful guests. In this situation, regardless of our every effort to accommodate schedules, dietary restraints, and more, even the best of efforts were not acceptable. Please read all of our other great reviews on this site and BedandBreakfast.com.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband and I booked the Isabella room for Thanksgiving weekend. Everything was very nice and clean. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Was a nice place to stay if you could get past the innkeepers rudeness!!!!! We arrived a few minutes early, as we were told you must checkin only between 3-6, we wanted to go to Erie.This threw her into such a tizzy,we recieved her lecture about check in times. Had she not had my credit card number, I would have told her to keep her room. That put a sour taste in my mouth for the rest of our stay. Upon checking out, there was no "I hope you enjoyed your stay,or anything else for that matter!! I think Peg is in the wrong businees. Sometimes personality does matter.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank candy s
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed in the Concord room for two nights. The room is comfortable with plenty of space to relax. The queen size bed was very comfortable with quality bedding. The bathroom with this room is very small, including the shower. The bathroom also needed a little bit of work. The room is served by a window AC unit, which seemed to struggle with circulating the air. We were able to open a window in the evening, and had no problems as the nights were cool and comfortable. However, we wondered what we would do if it was a muggy night. Some of the other rooms where our travelling party were staying seemed to have larger and updated bathrooms, and we would likely choose another room on our next stay.

The breakfasts were outstanding with fresh breads, fruit and entrees. Several other people from our party were staying at the Grape Arbor, and the hostess was very accommodating in seating and serving us all together in the dining room.

The overall décor of the house was beautiful and well maintained. The town of North East is a quiet, quaint and safe area that seems like a throwback to the way American towns used to be.

Noise was not a problem. Our room faced the main street and we slept with a window open. The traffic is non-existent from 8:00 p.m. to about 8:00 a.m. and the train whistles are at least 1/2 mile away. It possibly could be a problem for very light and sensitive sleepers.

We were in town for a family reunion, and did not want to stay at a chain motel. The Grape Arbor was a wonderful and unique alternative that we would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobandRena
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed here for the wine festival.The place was awesome. The decor was super nice. The room was of "Disney" cleanliness. Location was close to most wine festivities and is great for the wine trail. The 4 course breakfast was delicious and very filling.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night while visiting the North East Wine Trail. We NEVER met the innkeeper which is not acceptable to us. Upon check-in did not meet her, breakfast the following morning, still she never introduced herself.

Breakfast was okay. Nothing special so I'm not sure why people are raving about it. We have stayed at B&B's in Hershey and Seneca Lake and had exceptional breakfasts.

The room was overpriced.

There were two small (shot glass size) glasses in the bathroom which were in the basket with the soap and shampoo. Needless to say, we didn't use those. We don't prefer our water to taste like soap.

Our room was clean as were the public rooms we saw.

Good location for the Wine Trail but nothing in town to do.

For dinner, try the Kelly Hotel which is about 5 miles from the inn. It is located in Ripley NY.

Room Tip: Check for a different B&B before booking this one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn218
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a Sunday night for a two day Lake Erie winery tour. It was easy to find right on the main road with plenty of parking in the back. Our hostess was gracious and helped us find a restaurant for dinner that fit our request to be on the lake. We had reserved a room with a king bed, which was on the ground floor with a door out to a private patio. The room was good sized, the bed was comfortable and we slept soundly all night. I'm glad I wasn't put off by the review that mentioned the noise because it was not a problem at all. We didn't hear any traffic from the road, and the faint sound of the trains was soothing, actually. Since the trains run through the region, I'm not sure how I would have found one without the sound of trains anyway! We enjoyed access to the 24 hour cookie jars and complimentary beverages as well as the books and magazines. The breakfast was wonderful! It truly was a gourmet breakfast and I am so glad we decided to stay here. We would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#7 of 38 in Erie
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Erie

Been to Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!