“Not worth the trip”

Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Any place located on Lake Erie that does not serve walleye or perch, should be suspect. The crayz parrot offered haddock, conch, and crab cakes... All tasted frozen. The view is awesome along with the staff, but overall the place is run down, shabby, and uses dirty menus. Ordered a jerk chicken salad that had the textured of being boiled and not seasoned. The lettuce was swimming in water which was gross. Our beer was dated Jan 2014 (6months) at $3.50 a bottle. We all left there with a nausea stomach. Better food at Sheetz!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank lauren d

Davenport, Iowa
“CraZ Parrot - CraZ Fun!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The BEST sunset view of Lake Erie in the area!
Very good dinner and great service from a wait staff that was a lot of fun -

Visited September 2013
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
“A pretty good choice not far from Erie PA”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had dinner here with a group of friends on a recent Saturday evening. The place is small, but has a great location above the marina in North East PA overlooking Lake Erie. The restaurant adjoins a small, fishermen's equipment store and commercial boating business. It sports an island bar motif (Jimmy Buffett style recorded music), with a small barroom, a modest dining room in a glass sunroom, and another modest dining room on a covered deck with clear plastic protection from the rain or wind. Furniture is painted in island pastels. If there were a downside in choosing to sit out on the deck, it's probably the occasional gnat or lake fly; but, such is life when dining lakeside.
We found the menu to be quite respectable, the portions generous, and the food prepared to our liking. There was a good selection of appetizers: a generous plate of corn fritters, clams casino, taco chips and dip. For entrees, I had fried haddock -- which was fresh, not pre-frozen or nuked -- and which the menu described as their Moby catch. It was a good size piece of fish, moist, and not overdone. My wife had broiled sea scallops, which she found to be great. One of our friends had a half rack of BBQ ribs, and another had a chicken sandwich. The dinners included a good garden salad, and a choice of various potatoes or vegetable side dishes. (My wife and I opted for the "island peas and rice," and -- we should have guessed -- were surprised to find that what were described as island peas were, in reality black beans and rice. But, not bad). Desserts included various cheesecakes and cakes.
Service was prompt and friendly. The number of diners on this particular evening was busy, but there was no waiting line. And, prices were reasonable.
Given the paucity of restaurants we found in this region of vinyards and grape vines, we thought this restaurant was a very pleasant surprise which we would visit again.

• Visited September 2013
NE PA
“Food better than expected”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Crazy Parrot had the best view for a Lake Erie sunset. It had been at least 5 years since my husband and I ate at this restaurant because of poor food and service. We decided to give it another try and I have to admit the food was good and the wait time for our dinner wasn't too bad. It does say in the menu that all the food is prepared to order in the kitchen and to expect some waiting.
The salad that came with the dinner was small but ok. A small loaf fo bread came with the salad. I ordered the beer battered haddock and was pleased by the generous portion. The batter didn't overpower the fish and the fish itself was moist. t was not greasy. My husband ordered coconut shrimp and he was happy with his dinner. He had about 6 or 7 shrimp on his plate.
We ate outside, the place was clean and there were no flies or bugs outside to bother us while we ate.
Our waitress was very busy, and didn't stop by often, or ask us if we wanted dessert. They could use more help in the evenings.
We will go back before the weather gets cold so we can enjoy the beautiful Lake Erie sunset.

• Visited August 2013
PA
“DO NOT EAT HERE.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hated it
DO NOT EAT HERE! My first impressions were very good when we arrived at the Crazy Parrot. The view is really amazing. My group of 6 had reservations for 7 pm and arrived at about 6:50. We were seated by about 7 and put in our drink orders. The first round of drinks came back in a timely manor then we put in our appetizer orders. The appetizers were or but a tad expensive for what you got but we expected a slight premium for the amazing view as we sat outside near the lake. They were not served for almost 25 mins and we had ordered meals right after putting in that order. After the first round of drinks were served the service pretty much dropped off to aweful at best. Two times we were able to flag down our waitress she took drink orders then forgot my drink. When she brought the drinks she forgot mine twice and never did go get it for me. We had to leave the table and go to the bar to get drinks because she almost never stopped to check on us. So after not getting drinks served and 25 minutes for expensive so so appetizers we finally get the meals. I ordered the Mahi and stuffed shrimp for myself and GF. The meal was served at 8:30 PM. It took almost 1.5 hours to serve our food. When they brought it to us i was very disappointed! My fish was very dry and tiny. The fries were nasty. They were soggy, greasy and the serving size was so small it was laughable. They did not even serve my fish with lemon. The stuffed shrimp looked like it was taken out of a tv dinner and micro waved and tasted just as bad. The price on these two dinners was $19 and $18. Now if it had been good I am fine with that but this food was aweful if it was free. You would have a far better meal going to country fair and buying a microwave barrito. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE. Just a side note. I did make several calls to the owner to talk about the issue and was assured she or he would call me back. They never did. However, the manager I spoke to had worked that day I was there and said it was well known that the food was aweful and service was beyond bad and she was sorry. At no time did they try to correct the known problems with me just said to try us again and I will have better service next time. I think not with a check for $80 and completely unsatisfied with any part of this. None of my group will ever eat there again.

• Visited August 2013