“A touch of Key West on Lake Erie”
Review of CrayZ Parrot - CLOSED

CrayZ Parrot
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was in the area for a getaway weekend and went to the CrayZ Parrot for dinner. It is in a strange out of the way place, it is located inside the terminal building at at a locale marina, at first we thought that we were in the wrong place, there were lots of cars in the parking lot but the big building was all dark, we did find a door on the side of the building that had the light on, after walking down the hallway we found the door which took us into a different world. It was just like walking into a restaurant on Key West the interior was decorated with palm trees, parrots and the owner greeted us looking like he just stepped off the beach with shorts, loud Caribbean shirt and sandals.
We both had a great meal, I had the salsa salmon special which was very good and my wife had the Polynesian chicken which she throughly enjoyed.
If you are looking for something different when you are in the North East area this is the place.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Wife and I just stopped in for a drink. Really enjoyed the stop. Great drinks and conversation with Paul, the owner. Great view, clean place, would definately stop back.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

People go more for the outside views and the entertainment on the deck more than the food. We have been going there for almost a decade. Not consistent with the service or quality of food. It is also out-of-the-way for most people, yet they always have a crowds. Please make reservations if you want to eat.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a beautiful location right in the marina, with terrific views. There are both open and covered decks. But they need to do something about the food, which was just not that great. Too bad!

1  Thank HoopoePhiladelphia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I thought we'd try someplace new. Big mistake.

The good: the view from the outside dining area is great. And that's about it.

The bad: Service was very slow. The restaurant was not crowded at all...no reason for the service to be this slow.

The ugly: No reason at all that our entrees should have been served cold. My wife's stuffed shrimp were stone cold as was my Polynesian chicken. The chicken microwaved fine, but of course, seafood doesn't microwave well. My wife didn't complain, but probably should have. Also, the chicken dish I ordered is supposed to be pineapple marinated and spiced with oregano and garlic. However the only word I can use to describe the chicken is bland. It was served with pineapple rings that were lightly topped with oregano, but that was the only flavor at all.

Bad experience.