“They have no idea what Texas Sirloin is”

Freeport Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in North East
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

First, the good: The portions were generous, but not over the top. The desserts were delicious.

Now the bad: The sandwiches are often served open faced without that being mentioned in the menu, the iced tea was weak, the smoked sausage appetizers were way too spicy for all but one member of our party, and the Texas Sirloin appeared to be crappy prime rib. It looked and tasted like a tough beef roast with all of the separating lines of grain. I even asked the waitress, and she insisted it was sirloin. Everyone in my party agreed it wasn't (we're from Texas) and made fun of me for ordering Texas Sirloin in Pennsylvania. Lesson learned. I figured, how bad could you screw up steak? Apparently, pretty bad when you don't know your cuts of beef. Also bad, the prices. For being in the middle of nowhere, their prices were higher than most eastern NY restaurants.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We came upon this restaurant in between wineries on Route 5. We stopped for lunch. They have wonderful homemade sausages, sandwiches, soups and desserts with a cheap price tag. The waitress was very helpful in picking out our meal and was fast delivering it.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a homey local restaurant. Don't expect fancy dishes, but you will get a good and value priced meal. It's central between the Mazza winery and the Penn Shore winery right on Lake road. Some of the food's a bit salty, but still generally a good meal.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

we had the yellow perch. Sandwich and Dinner....Dinner was huge for my husband..lots of fish and excellent meals and drinks

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Have gone here several times for lunch with friends. Finally ordered perch I have heard about. Fantastic! Good portion, moist, fresh. My husband is a fisherman, and when I finally got him to go (he doesn't like trying new places) he was impressed with the quality and cooking method of the perch. Finally, another place to go besides his standard favorites! He was planning on what he would order the next time we went! Excellent service, very attentive waitresses. Prices are good. And try their homemade soups...excellent, even in 90 degree weather!