“So-so food, a bit overpriced.”

Freeport Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in North East
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We overheard the bartender (owner?) telling patrons about the rising costs associated with the restaurant business. I sympathize, but despite the generous portions, I'll take a smaller steak from Outback that always hits a certain quality expectation than the huge chunk of prime rib that was on the tough side and mostly flavorless despite being properly cooked. Some of their dinner menu seemed overpriced, but locals point to the $6 fish sandwich and consider it a great value. It's one of the better eateries in the area, but nothing stood out.

1  Thank Cory S

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Staff was great,very helpful and friendly. Food was Yummy!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

My husband and I recently returned to Freeport for another good meal. I am always happy when we decide on dinning at the Freeport because the meals are always reasonably priced and we have never had a bad meal there.
The restaurant is located less than a mile from the shores of Lake Erie, and right smack in the middle of the Lake Erie Wine Trail. And with these two appealing factors that is what makes a The Freeport a nice casual setting to dine.
On out last trip we were there for lunch. I ordered one of the specials, a Grilled Shrimp and vegetable Wrap. I had a choice of soup of the(2) day, or a side (many sided to chose from). I ordered the broccoli soup, a little thick for me, but very flavorful. The wrap was stuffed with shrimp and done just right vegetables. There was a light sauce in the wrap, not overpowering and it was delirious! My husband ordered the fresh perch basket, with fries. The perch was lightly breaded and he had 4 or 5 nice sized pieces. The fries were fresh cut, and plentiful.
A huge menu and a full bar.
With two alcohol drinks, and two entrees our lunch total was $ 26 before tip. I can't wait for our next visit!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I grew up in North East, but moved away in '68. I still visit every summer and always eat at Freeport. The food is consistant, very reasonably priced and pies to die for. I knew Jerry's parents and Jerry and Judy followed in tradition. Now Jake is the main stay! A very much family opperation. And to go you can have their famous smoked ham, bacon or sausage..including those tasty Smokie Joes! It is nice to see somethings do not have to change. Well, they finally upped their wine list much for the better.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I chose pasta with sausage. It was just okay, but it did not ring the bell. Portion size was dismal for the price. I guess for a small town, and for anyone not wanting to drive to Erie, this is about your only choice!