“Local gem!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

They carry a great selection of craft beers on tap and have a pretty awesome menu usually. Took a little while for the crab legs to come out the night we were there, but every place has their hit & miss miss times.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our hotel staff recommended this as a great family-owned restaurant. It was packed when we got there (it was a Friday night), but they seated us right away. If you are looking for pasta (which we were), this is not the place to go. I ordered the salmon and my son ordered a sandwich because they only had two pasta selections. Both were okay, but kind of bland. The waitress was nice and it seemed very popular for locals, but honestly, the food wasn't that great, so I can't give it a good rating.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Loud atmosphere and miserable server.
Cold food and they charge for refill on soda
Not going back sorry

1  Thank Kathie P
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

great place to sit and have a beer. family friendly? I'm on the fence about that one... used to get a great fresh crab cake Caesar salad with 2 crab cakes but now it's just one, same with chicken Caesar which was 5 small pieces and now is 3. not many 'healthy' selections either. I'm not saying it's bad food, it's just not great food. but it's clean inside so that's a huge plus!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Capne's is right down the road for us so we're here a few times a month. If you're a fan of random and unique beers this place is definitely worth the visit. They have about 25-30 beers on tap and that's not including all the various bud, light, coors, light, miller, light, etc that some places use to pad their selection... Pretty much all 30 are in the craft / micro-brew genera and the selection usually includes something for everyone's palate from ports and stouts, to sours, ipas, belgian ales, wheats, etc. On top of that there is a fairly well stocked beer store attached and you're able to make selections from their bottles as well. Once or twice a month they seem to have a brewery out to showcase their beers and it's they've been great opportunities to meet the brewers and try things we might otherwise have missed.

They have all the fried bar food standards, a fairly decent listing of Italian-inspired items, and surprisingly enough they typically also have something that someone who is a bit more health conscious can enjoy. They also usually have seafood specials throughout the week and these are typically fantastic, I love the muscles and my wife was a big fan of the crab legs. I haven't had the chance to attend any of these yet, but they also occasionally have a special menu when a brewery comes to visit and I've heard very positive things from friends who were around for the last one.

Typically we sit at the bar were service has never been an issue, however once or twice we did grab a table in the bar area and I have to agree with the folks who were complaining about the service, it can be a bit on the slow side. Also, it's not the most appealing place to look at... it's in fine repair but could definitely use a face-lift. On the whole, it's one of our favorite places to go when we're looking for drinks and meal that's on the lighter-side.