“The Best Indian Cuisine and I will tell you Why!”

Amans Indian Cuisine
Ranked #46 of 142 Restaurants in Norristown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Germantown
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Lunch Buffet 7 days a week!
This is the first time I have been to this restaurant and Aman’s has THE best Indian cuisine I have ever eaten. I will tell you exactly how Aman’s is different from all the rest. Other Indian restaurants have Buffets. But Aman’s has the most diverse array of dishes available. Other Indian restaurants have some of the same dishes. So I asked the managers, (who, BTW, are the nicest people), why their dishes taste superior to other Indian restaurants’ dishes. One part of the answer reveals that they use much less oil than their contemporaries. I notice the earmark of a superior restaurant cuisine – the spicing is so subtle that you will taste a different delectable delicate nuance of spice with every bite. I particularly appreciate all of the vegetable offerings. The meat in the lamb, goat and chicken dishes melt in your mouth. Their Mulligatawny soup is a delightful tomato soup with character that is a meal in itself. They use lots of ginger but their dishes are mild. All you taste is GOODNESS and YUMMY-NOMS. Ginger is also great for your digestion. Maybe that’s why I didn’t have an upset stomach even though I ate like a pig.
The managers tell me that the Weekend buffet has even more special offerings than the buffet during the week. They also tell me something I’ve read in the reviews – that when you order from the menu, the dishes are even better. They even have a menu of Daily Specials. These guys go the extra mile. They give corporate discounts. They noticed that I didn’t take any Naan (oh- yes – the Naan is IN the buffet – you don’t have to ask for it!) and offered me some. I told them I was staying away from wheat gluten and could only eat something like Pappadum (made with lentil flour). They brought me some fresh for my meal!
Some of my favorite dishes: Panner Tikka Masala; Homemade Hot Sauce; their light and crunchy Samosas and Pakoras; and a dish of vegetable curry and one with spinach and chickpeas that were my favorites.
Unusual items: Mild Coconut Raita; Mango Chutney (sweet), cute mini-Jamens (that taste a little different!) and a Fruit Delite dessert of fruits and nuts in a tangerine colored yogurt sauce that is OUTOFTHISWORLD.
The space is simple and unusually quiet for such a large group. I could bring a party here and we would be able to hear each other!
In August, they will have been open for 9 years. Let’s all celebrate their longevity and our good fortune to have this restaurant to go to! See ya there!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Can't really comment on the other aspects of this restaurant but their buffet is definitely top notch. This is probably one of the better and more extensive buffets I've ever been to. Come hungry; there are a lot of offerings.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I always get my Indian food from Aman's!!! They have so many varieties of options for me - being a vegetarian - which is rare anywhere!! They're always so nice - they give you tons of food and takrout is a breeze.

I've gone to the 9.99 all-you-can-stuff-down-your-gullet buffet for lunch since I worked right down the street and they had yummy stuff there too - but it doesn't compare to the wonderful dinner!!!

I HIGHLY recommend the vegetable vindalu.... garlic naan... mmmm....

1  Thank Nunya B
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have been regular visitors to the place.
- Its signature buffet is nice and easily the best one in the area with a good mix of vegetarian fare and deserts.
- For general visits - they can tailor the cuisine as per your wishes. Mild spicy is the way to go for tickling Indian taste buds.
- The staff is courtesous and well mannered.
- To Avoid - They are good at indian fare and the only time we tried experimenting (with sizzlers) it came undone. It was cooked in oil with over-cooked items. Something one should surely avoid.

Other helpful notes
- Small Seating Capacity - The place is small and gets crowded over the weekends during lunch time. So the idea is to get in early and beat the rush; something around 12 is ideal.
- Decor is somewhat dated but no complaints as its clean and well-ordered.

1  Thank Supragya D
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 26, 2008

Favorite Indian in the area. Home of Big Dave and Little Dave. Highly recommended.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook