“Large plates, food is pretty good”

Gino's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 140 Restaurants in Norristown
Cuisines: Italian
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Large plates, food is pretty good”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Like the title says, the food is pretty good, especially if you like big plates with lots of pasta. I found Geno's to be an average Italian restaurant. There wasn't anything on the menu that stood out. I sampled several dishes, and they were all good. I liked some of their appetizers, especially the cheese breads. I was there on an extremely busy night, and it seems like they did not have enough people working there, so expect to wait a little. But the atmosphere is nice, and so are the employees. Bring a bottle of wine and relax.

• Visited March 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Always reliable and friendly”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I eat there regularly. Great southern Italian cuisine in copious amounts. There is always leftovers for tomorrow's lunch and possibly dinner. We enjoy the meals and the atmosphere. Thursdays are squeeze's night. Jerry plays his accordion and sings old Italian classics. It is a BYOB place so the cost of a meal is reasonable. The owner is always walking around talking to his customers and there is always many regulars. It is a rather large restaurant so there seldom a wait to get in. Just a great place to go eat a nice Italian meal.

• Visited February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food but what's with the staff attitude”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have been eating at this restaurant for years and love the food. They recently moved into their new space in the same shopping center and it is very nice. The special pizza is our favorite and our favorite dish is the Frutta Di Mare seafood dinner (bet you can't finish it). But recently the staff really seems to be off. Weh I recently picked up a carry ot pizza, they just stared at me (hello?). It may be time to find another favorite restaturant, too sad.

• Visited July 2011