HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norristown
Wyoming, New York
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel for a conference. I made my reservations online and found a king suite available for $26 less than the conference rate. The room was a small apartment! It included a very comfortable sitting area, separate bedroom with bath, desk, and a kitchen with a 2 burner glass top stove, microwave, coffeemaker, dishwasher, large apartment-sized fridge and freezer, real dishes and flatware, pots and pans, a large water pitcher, dishwashing liquid and automatic dishwasher detergent. They advertise a "guest mart" incase you forgot something, and I worried that they would expect me to buy the coffee there to use in the coffeemaker (it was not mentioned anywhere online as being free in the room), but I was happy to find a basket awaiting me filled with coffee, Twinings tea, and all the accoutrements. Large screen HD TVs in both the bedroom and sitting room area. I was so comfortable I almost did not want to leave! The staff was friendly and so helpful. Michael at the desk was great whenever I encountered him! The "house person", Joy, was very friendly and helpful when I got disoriented in my search for the elevator, and later when she came to my room to assist when I could not get a lamp to turn on and an hour later still could not figure out the crazy way the kitchen faucet worked. She arrived in minutes each time and didn't treat me like I was an idiot for not being able to figure it out myself. The rest of the staff I came in contact with were friendly and efficient as well. The breakfast had a great selection each day. I had saved the made-to-order omelet option for Sunday morning, but then could not get near him for the line. The "evening social" they offer Monday through Thursday had only 1/2 hour left when I arrived Thursday evening, and it was a nice option. Unfortunately, the staff does not wait until the end to break it down, and did not keep things filled, so I encountered many empty dishes that had once held hummus, etc., but a chicken meat that was there in plenty was good. I added it to a salad, not knowing what it was. I wished they had signs telling guests what things were, but they did not. It was only later that I discovered in my room a schedule that told me it was Thai lettuce wraps that had been there. It was an excellent stay and I will be thrilled to stay there again when I next have a chance.

Room Tip: King suites are large and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at a Residence Inn but decided to try this hotel because it was less expensive. I was very, very pleased! It was quiet, very clean, had a well equipped gym, delicious breakfast, and extremely comfortable and well appointed room. I could go on and on! I would definitely look for a Hyatt House again when traveling.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I picked this hotel becuase of the price and it was near Redstone American Grill and i was taking my boyfriend there for his birthday. When we arrive FridayJoe checked us in. He was really nice and gave great customer service. The room was fine the only issuie we had was that one of our tv was not working properly. I called the frony deak and Matt answer and come up and tried to fix the TV by the hd channels would not work and that was what my bf was trying to look at. He said that he would look into it and get back to us but he never did. The complimenatary breakfast is really good. The lady who checked us out on Sunday was great as well ..dont remember what her name was. But i would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Walkersville, Maryland
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was a nice place to stay, we had a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite with a kitchen. The main problem was the cleanliness. Room A after sleeping all night and in the morning noticed how dirty the blanket was. Yuk. Not sure what was on it, manager came up didn't know either, took pictures and was going to take care of this major issue. When we returned later in the day the beds had been made with the SAME dirty blanket. Room was "supposed" to have been cleaned but towels were where we had left them, amenities were not replaced. Coffee pot was dirty. Just to name some of the things. In plain words it was not what we expected. The head housekeeper came up and she personally changed the bed with many apologies, and saw how nothing else was taken care of. Management worked with us and offered a compromise. Believe that this room was neglected because the person didn't do her job. The rest of the hotel was fine. They have a nice breakfast buffet with an omelet station.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Nicholas D, Manager at HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We would like to thank you for your honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that on this occassion we failed to meet your needs and expectations. We are working continously with our respective teams to ensure we are providing the service you have come to expect from a Hyatt Hotel. I am very glad to hear the our management was responsive of your concerns and worked to rectify them. It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Please contact me directly if I may be of any assistance. Thank you again for your feedback.
Maplewood NJ
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed 4 days at this hotel to conduct for business travel and enjoyed the comfy vibe. I previously lived in a Reisidence Inn and am familiar with the residential hotels. This was an exceptionally clean hotel with good service. Bed provided a good night sleep and I felt safe as a single woman traveling. These are 2 items high on the list of my priorities.
In the evening a small spread is served with refreshments. Other than the beverages I would skip it as all they serve is processed food (frozen pizzas, enchiladas, etc). Breakfast was the same except they provided cold and hot cereals. There is a pantry where you can purchase snacks and add to your room bill.
If you're unfamiliar with the area as I was the front desk provides a 4 page list of restaurants categorized by cuisine and price - very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013
LexGSR
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed there to attend a nearby family event. The suite was a very reasonable size, and clean, although the pull-out bed was a little uncomfortable. The staff were very friendly - frankly, noticeably better than many establishments in Philadelphia proper. The appointments are, however, very basic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LexGSR
Philadelphia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My family and I have stayed here for Christmas Holiday as well as the summer. The rooms are always very clean. The staff is very friendly. The hot buffet breakfast was tasty.The hotel shuttle took us to the Plymouth meeting mall to catch a movie and some shopping last Xmas Eve. My daughter and I look forward to our next stay every time. This hotel is also a five minute walking distance to the local supermarket and fast food chains. They are very pet friendly. We brought our kitty with us for the holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rochelle B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norristown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia P...
#3 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!