“Good Expereince”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norristown
Norwood, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good Expereince”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed for one night and it was a very good experience. The rooms were nice with the separate living room area with a stove, full size refrigerator and complete with all the utensils. Only thing is besides the large L shaped sofa and desk there was no table. We had a dinner engagement so it may no difference to us. There was a real nice reception in the lobby at 5:30 with complimentary soup and appetizer, free soft drinks and you could buy glasses of wine. Breakfast the following morning was plentiful in a relaxed atmosphere. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few days and it was quiet and comfortable. The room was certainly large enough and had a nice kitchenette area with 2 burners, a sink, dishwasher, and refrigerator. Everything was clean and well-kept. There was a little living room area with a couch and a TV and the bed was off to the side with the bathroom nearby. The only reason that I didn't give them a rating of 5 was that the bed was not very comfortable. Otherwise, the place was great

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting relatives 2 minutes away. Nice large rooms. Bedroom is separate than living/kitchen area. 2 TV's, one in living room and one in bedroom. Also DVD player. They have an HBO channel but that's it as far as movies are concerned. Several redbox locations nearby. Many restaurants and mall close by as well. About 40 minutes from airport depending on traffic.
I can't say enough nice things about the staff. They allowed us to check in 90 minutes early also offered us a late check out at 2 PM which we didn't need. Breakfast was a great selection each day. They were available to answer any questions and always courteous. Brought a new iron up to our room , no problem.
My only complaint which both my husband and myself did not like is that the sink was outside the bathroom. But the sink area is very large with many drawers for storing personal items. Not a deal breaker for us, we would definitely stay here again. Great value. Also no one yelling housekeeping in the morning or ever throughout the day like at other hotels. Very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Had a top floor room which was nice. 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Always stay here when visiting family in the area. Staff has always been very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms and amenities are great - breakfast buffet a definite plus. We have stayed in other hotels in the area over the years but always come back to the Hyatt House.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gransuz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. I love the cleanliness and modern furniture and decor. For a family of 4 for 2 nights we were very comfortable and pleased with our experience. We will be back at a Hyatt House again. Our kids loved the full breakfast included in the rate and in comparison to other hotels in the area this one was the best.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Comeflywithm
Pattaya, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years and have only been disappointed twice. But this last stay was very disappointing as my room ie the bathroom had old pee on the toilet seat and running down the front of the bowl. Which means the room was not cleaned properly.
Obviously, there have been changes in the housekeeping staff as this has never been a problem before.

If I find another hotel that is close by I may consider staying there.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem better to me
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I actually stayed at this location 2 times in the course of a week. The first time I was in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath.
The first room was nice bit had something's that needed tending to.
Second was a 1 bedroom 1 bath.
Here are my pros and cons (based on both rooms)

Pros:
Huge rooms.
Great beds
Nice big living spaces
Small kitchen
Nice pool area
Good fitness facility
Nice location, it's about 5 minutes to a great Whole Foods, mall and movie theater.
Not a bad trip to Philly
Nice linens
Laundry
Breakfast (though I didn't have it)
Decent wi-fi

Cons:
Some fixes were needed in my first room (tiles/paint/did colored tub)
Kitchen seemed slightly grungy (I wouldn't use the utensils/serving ware)
They are in desperate need of directional signs. You will walk in lots of circles trying to get to elevators, or even the front lobby.
The staff was hit or miss. Some were super nice. Others seemed bothered. For instance,I did laundry and the dryer was broken, when I went to the front desk and told them they asked if I had more cash for change , and i shoukd use a differenr dryer and then said I could put a sign up saying it was broken.
And then there was a problem with my billing. The rate I was supposed to pay online vs. what my bill stated was different. When I checked in I checked on the price. When I brought it up the front desk person said there was nothing they could do about it.

Overall the place is great. I'd just triple check the nighty rate, maybe ask for something in writing before you check in, and know that the staff won't always be the best.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norristown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia P...
#3 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!