HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
$90
$99
$114
Doubletree.com
All reviewsfull kitchengermantown pikeliving roomomelet stationomelet barbreakfast buffetmade to order omeletssmall kitchentrio suitehome away from homeoutdoor poolan extended stayvisit familycleaning staffking suitethe room was niceexercise room
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years and have only been disappointed twice. But this last stay was very disappointing as my room ie the bathroom had old pee on the toilet seat and running down the front of the bowl. Which means the room was not cleaned properly.
Obviously, there have been changes in the housekeeping staff as this has never been a problem before.

If I find another hotel that is close by I may consider staying there.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem better to me
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I actually stayed at this location 2 times in the course of a week. The first time I was in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath.
The first room was nice bit had something's that needed tending to.
Second was a 1 bedroom 1 bath.
Here are my pros and cons (based on both rooms)

Pros:
Huge rooms.
Great beds
Nice big living spaces
Small kitchen
Nice pool area
Good fitness facility
Nice location, it's about 5 minutes to a great Whole Foods, mall and movie theater.
Not a bad trip to Philly
Nice linens
Laundry
Breakfast (though I didn't have it)
Decent wi-fi

Cons:
Some fixes were needed in my first room (tiles/paint/did colored tub)
Kitchen seemed slightly grungy (I wouldn't use the utensils/serving ware)
They are in desperate need of directional signs. You will walk in lots of circles trying to get to elevators, or even the front lobby.
The staff was hit or miss. Some were super nice. Others seemed bothered. For instance,I did laundry and the dryer was broken, when I went to the front desk and told them they asked if I had more cash for change , and i shoukd use a differenr dryer and then said I could put a sign up saying it was broken.
And then there was a problem with my billing. The rate I was supposed to pay online vs. what my bill stated was different. When I checked in I checked on the price. When I brought it up the front desk person said there was nothing they could do about it.

Overall the place is great. I'd just triple check the nighty rate, maybe ask for something in writing before you check in, and know that the staff won't always be the best.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed the experience for the most part. I was travelling with my 15 year old daughter and a few days before my arrival I called to see if it was possible to get a room with 2 double beds.
The gentleman I spoke with on the phone informed me that the room type I wanted was sold out for the days I would be there and proceeded to find a 2 bedroom suite and did a complementary upgrade! I cannot tell you how grateful I was for that!

The room itself was wonderful. 2 bedrooms each with a king sized bed and full bathroom. There was a kitchenette (which we did not use) and a flat screen TV with DVD player which was nice. Also, each bedroom had it's own smaller flat screen TV which was a nice touch.

My favorite parts of our stay were the gorgeous outdoor pool which was a VERY nice change of pace from the indoor pools most hotels have and the complimentary breakfast which included an omelette station which was delicious.

Manager Michael was very helpful as well. Like all Hyatt properties I've stayed at recently the staff was excellent all the way around.

I would be more than happy to stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask if you have special needs.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We got a great rate and with two big teenagers it was great to have so much space in out king suite. Breakfast was really good with plenty of options for all of us. Really good coffee too!
The location made it easy to get into Philadelphia. It was a great visit. Wish we could take that hotel experience with us everywhere.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers) stayed for 3 nights while visiting Philadelphia and New York City. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that also included a double sleeper sofa, kitchen and 2 bathrooms - one off each bedroom! Having the extra space and two bathrooms was wonderful. The hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, there is no highway noise because it sits back from the road in a quiet industrial park, breakfast was very good, and parking is free. We had no problem driving into Philadelphia to see the historic sights. There are many restaurants and stores in the area. I would stay here again .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family