“For the price, acceptable”
Review of Elmwood Park Zoo

Elmwood Park Zoo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went to this Zoo because entrance was free for residents of my town. I had never gone, so I thought it would be a good opportunity. It doesn't compare of course with the Philadelphia Zoo, but then again, it costs much less. I'd say that for the price, you can't expect much more. We did the complete zoo in less than 2 hours. Maybe with kids, it would have taken more. Not so crowded as other zoo's. Cute little zoo.

1  Thank Edgar R

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am so proud of Elmwood Zoo! It's always been a sweet, little zoo. You could get in and out in a half hour if you really hiked it fast. Today, I took my 19 month old grandson for his sixth time this year. We spent over two hours there and still didn't see it all. I think back to when I was a little kid, when Elmwood Zoo had a lion. I won an oil painting of him when I was 5 and it hung in our household until it was broken during a move in 1988. The little zoo has grown so much in those 43 years. It has shifted and changed from a quick little trip to an adventure in the jungle! The giraffes have been such a delight, it was be so sad to see them leave next week. Thank you, Elmwood for being part of my family!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This quaint little zoo tucked along a green-belt in Norristown was a pleasant surprise for me and my family. I find that many "A-list" zoos have such a high admission fee and are so crowded that I feel compelled to continue dragging my family through even though we are elbow to elbow and can't see many of the animals just to feel like we got our money's worth. Not the case witht he Elmwood Park Zoo! They have many great admission deals-Groupon (et. al) often showcase 50% off deals. If you are visiting with a member of the military (active or retired) they get in FREE and everyone else in the party pays the "group rate" which happens to be less than a standard child's admission.

The employees were truly excited about the animals and were ready to share information. The animals looked comfortable and well cared for. The pathways and restroom facilities were really, really clean.

It was quite a treat to visit while the giraffes were on loan. I really wasn't expecting "exotic" animals at this regional zoo. Surprisingly, my daughters liked the red fox best.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

You will find a great deal to see and do at the Elmwood Park Zoo. The zoo has grown and changed in many ways over the years.

This year you can experience feeding the giraffes visiting for the summer. I highly recommend trying it. They will be visiting until Labor Day 2013.

There are lots of events going on so check the website for more information.

Enjoy intimate and up close visits with the animals. A great place for all ages.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just the right size - a bigger zoo can be expensive and lead to a long long day with diminishing returns. This is just right for a 2 hour visit, not too expensive, but with nice exhibits - the sea otters are my favorite.