All reviews catch and release travel trailer beautiful pool frisbee golf large sites wonderful weekend long weekend definitely stay here again two nights lucille campers bathhouse facilities kristin motorhome carlisle
Reviewed August 30, 2018

My extended family camps together 1 week every summer. That being said, we always have someone visit the campground before we make reservations- this allows us to make sure the space will work for us and to make arrangements for such a big group. We did so prior to our visit in July and when we arrived the conditions had changed. We had a total of 3 cabins, 3 trailer sites, and a tent site with the agreement that we could set up a bigger canopy tent to use as our common area. Well after arriving they added an additional charge per day on the tent site (which was already rented with electricity and water) because we had a portable air conditioner on site. Then when they saw that we had electricity being used at the canopy tent the charge for that site went up in price as well. I just don't see this practice as good business. On top of all that- the rules they have are ridiculous considering the environment is one of relaxing and being on vacation- one night they even made us turn the lights off at 10pm !!!! Mind you we were not even close to any other campers and were simply sitting around socializing and playing cards. Very disappointing to say the least- poor customer service and a very unwelcoming environment.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Miranda L
Kristin S, Owner at Dogwood Acres Campground, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

I am sorry Miranda that you were so disappointed in your trip. There was obviously miscommunication in regards to the tent site and canopy site. There is always an extra charge for The use of an air conditioner in the tent. Air conditioners continuously run when it’s in a tent and uses a lot more electricity than charging a phone or plugging in a light. The charge for the canopy was because you guys had multiple refrigerators, freezer, griddle’s, and whatever else you plugged in. That is why we had to give you the use of the pavilion to spread the electrical connections so they weren’t on the same breaker at one site. It is our fault for not asking first what your full accommodations were. We also gave you the use of our pavilion which is a common area. Your family used the common area every night. We only asked you to shut off the lights in the common area Which are extremely bright. When I came home from a baseball game at 10:45 PM was when I asked your group to shut off the lights in the pavilion because 10:30PM is our quiet time. Every night following that night you guys were nice enough to shut them off by 10:30 PM. I know because I waited to make sure they were off before I went to my house. Once again this was our pavilion that is extremely bright and a common area not your site. You could’ve all set at your site and played cards till the wee hours as long as you weren’t disturbing your neighbors. I am really sorry for the miscommunication and wish this was discussed earlier.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I'm going to touch on a list of things so just follow along.

In 2017 my wife and I and daughter chose to start camping instead of going to shore or the carribean to change things up please read review on there website from 2017,fast forward 2018 after much research we decided to return.

From the first phone call until check out nothing but respect from the owners.

Charlie,Lucille,Kristin are amazing hard working people and it reflects on how this campground is ran and looks.

We chose to rent a camper for 2nd year again and we were not disappointed,very clean,nice picnic table,nice grill the site was nice.

Campground is amazing how clean it is once again the owners and campers keep it like this.

I want to touch on one thing as some people say the owners have an attitude I climb ladders all day and when it's hot and humid it's sometimes hard to smile when you're busy don't take it personal they don't drive around on golf carts and tractors to wave and smile like a parade every minute there busy.

One thing I learned from being a new camper from Dogwood weather in a rental or a seasonal your site is your site it's your vacation and other people don't belong on it unless you introduce yourself and your invited common courtesy.

This campground is not huge which is what makes it attractive because you never have a problem finding a chair at the pool.

This place is true meaning of vacation where you forget about home ,swim,do some activities, build a fire and have a beer and make friends.

My wife and I are actually talking about buying a camper and keeping it here as a seasonal.

Charlie,Lucille,Kristin for making our vacation special.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thank you Jeff for the sweet review. We loving having your family come back to us to spend your vacation time. We really appreciate your kind words. I love the “we are not their to have a parade every minute.” Thank you for that. We do work hard to please our customers and keep the grounds in tip top shape. The Lambert’s are AWESOME!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We camped here for the first time this weekend. Beautiful pool, friendly people, lots of activities to do. Because it's in the farm community of Newville, there were an obnoxious amount of flies, but that was the only downside of the whole weekend.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Someone needs to educate the owners. Camp grounds are suppose to be family friendly and relaxing.
We were attacked as soon as we parked. One negative comment after another. She could have talked to us in a friendly manner, if she had any concerns.
Found Lucile to be very unfriendly, we will not return to Dogwood for any reason, and intend to let our fellow camping friends know about our horrible experience.
Place was clean, quiet and relaxing, once we got past her.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Kristin S, Owner at Dogwood Acres Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

I’m sorry you felt that way. I’m not really sure what happened. Lucille has been a business owner for decades and could of been having a bad day because it’s abnormal for her to be considered unfriendly. Sorry for your bad experience. We do take your review seriously and the issue will be discussed.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful and friendly campground. Family owned and well run. Spotless large sites. Full hookups with cable and free WiFi. Large catch and release pond and 9 hole disc golf course. Visit...you’ll be glad you did.

Stayed: October 2017